Profile for Sandra from South West Wales > Reviews

Content by Sandra from So...

Sandra from South West Wales

Toshiba Camileo P100 Full HD Video Camcorder (discontinued by manufacturer)
Toshiba Camileo P100 Full HD Video Camcorder (discontinued by manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars Many faults., 12 Jan 2014
Dont waste your money on this product.

1. When you playback your video on the camcorder there are two annoying taskbars situated at the top and bottom of the screen which you cannot hide. This means your video is obscured in these areas. You cannot see whether you got the head, feet or sky or ground level shots correctly. Even though you CAN connect to the computer and remove the SD card and see what you have recorded in full screen on the computer, this is annoying and time consuming and when you are taking videos outside you are not carrying a computer are you! Such a bad design fault.
2. The screen sometimes freezes so the only thing you can do is remove the battery and reinstall it again to get it working.
3. The microphone pickup is terrible. There is so much background noise you can hardly hear what you want to hear. This is not good is it, especially when you are recording conversations etc. and you want to hear it back. I have to mute the sound when editing and replace it with something else. Not good if you are recording a wedding or party or anything live and you want to hear your mates talking.
4. The plastic cover protecting the USB port and HDMI port is awkward to remove. You have to have long fingernails or use something like a nail file to get under the top edge and remove it. Then it stays attached at the bottom via a small piece of plastic which I suppose stops you from losing it, but then it gets in the way when trying to connect the cable into the USB port. So I think this rubbish piece of plastic will have to be removed permantly, but then the ports will get damaged. Why they could not make it slidable I dont know!
5. Battery life is about 3 hours which easily runs out when you have to keep re-viewing your videos properly on the computer without those annoying taskbars in the way. Re-read statement one.

I spent my hard earned money on my first video camcorder and I am very disappointed. Waste of money.

Pre Amp Usb Dual Tube
Pre Amp Usb Dual Tube

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable., 14 Jun 2013
In the space of 3 months I have bought two of these from separate suppliers and they have both failed within days.

Blood: Life's Most Wondrous Transportation System. A Sanguine Journey Examining the Complexities of This Magical, Crimson Fluid in All Its Florid Glory.
by Chandra Senan

5.0 out of 5 stars Many Interesting facts about the subject of blood., 8 Mar 2012
I was born with a rare blood type and having a recent discussion with friends about this subject I wanted to find out more about the different kinds of blood types the human race has developed and why.
I came across this book and decided to purchase it.
I found each chapter very interesting and I was pleased to find that I could finish a chapter, put the book down and then start another chapter anywhere in the book. There are also many informative illustrations.
I was surprised to learn that there are many interesting facts about the subject of blood and therefore it would be very useful as a reference book for people to use in their studies on the subject. I must point out that even though I am not a medical person and there are a lot of medical words to get your tongue around I found it very enlightening.