Profile for Dr V > Reviews

Dr V (London, England)

Sky II Remote Control Plane
Sky II Remote Control Plane

5.0 out of 5 stars Built for children. Used by Dads, 5 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Sky II Remote Control Plane (Toy)
I bought this for my children but they never got near it. It was hijacked on the tarmac by their father. It's great. You need to fly it in a pretty big open space as it really lumbers along trying to crank up some altitude at take off. Not for children less than 12years I think but suitable for Dads of all ages.

Precision Men's Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch Prew0014
Precision Men's Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch Prew0014

2.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating!, 5 Feb. 2010
I got this watch for Christmas. It has been back to the manufacturer's twice since then (within 4 weeks of Xmas) with a variety of issues. Firstly the silver border around the LCD screen came loose. The second time the watch insisted on setting the time to Berlin time even though I was firmly in London. I have had to incur the recorded delivery postage twice for each repair and the company has refused to refund that cost. I actually like the look of the watch and think it's a great concept. Unfortunately there appears to be a yawning gap between concept and implementation. I miss my simple and reliable Swatch!

The Innovator's Prescription: A Disruptive Solution for Health Care
The Innovator's Prescription: A Disruptive Solution for Health Care
by Clayton M. Christensen

5.0 out of 5 stars So painfully true!, 14 Dec. 2009
I am a UK medical doctor and was passed this book by a family member. My initial reluctance to engage with the detail eventually gave way to the painful realisation that much of what is said here is true and applies to the UK as it does to the US. This book has changed my view of healthcare and specifically how badly we deliver it. Worth a read even if you are skeptical!