Profile for S. Crispin > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Jhoom Barabar Jhoom
Jhoom Barabar Jhoom

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and upbeat, 19 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Jhoom Barabar Jhoom (MP3 Download)
After seeing the film and taking note of this song in the credits, I just had to purchase what is an upbeat and fun way to remember a fun and brilliant part of an exceptional film.

The Escort
The Escort

2.0 out of 5 stars Predictable, 19 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Escort (Kindle Edition)
Wish I could read these holiday books but they are just too bland and predictable.

Seduction and Surrender (The Billionaire's Temptation Series, Book 1)
Seduction and Surrender (The Billionaire's Temptation Series, Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Holiday read, 19 Mar. 2015
One of three holiday novels I have read and I didn't really like it. Plenty of people will do though.

The Vampire's Kiss (Other World Series Book 1)
The Vampire's Kiss (Other World Series Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 19 Mar. 2015
Different, but not for me.

The Miraculous Mirror: Talks, Interviews and Articles by Dorothy Dunnett
The Miraculous Mirror: Talks, Interviews and Articles by Dorothy Dunnett
by Dorothy Dunnett
Edition: Pamphlet

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely addition to a Dorothy Dunnett collection, 18 Mar. 2015
This is a special treat for any Dunnett fan who wants to add more to their collection of reading matter. The Dorothy Dunnett Society have produced a well presented glossy pamphlett/book which provides what it says on the cover. I haven't finished reading it all yet but I believe all the articles are taken from the Society's magazine 'Whispering Gallery', with transcripts of talks and interviews given by DD. The text and illustrations are black and white. Measuring about 12 x 8 inches, the DD Society have tucked in a very nice little extra which was both a good idea of theirs and very gratefully received.

Darcey Bussell | Darcey's Ballerina Heroines / A Ballerina's Life [Opus Arte DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Darcey Bussell

3.0 out of 5 stars It's good but it's not a performance., 18 Mar. 2015
This DVD is Darcy Bussell - the presenter; and ballet - a brief history of. It is worth a watch but for me that is all because there isn't too much in it to want to watch it again. The history runs throughout the DVD bringing us up to date and the four main countries to provide us with ballet companies par excellence - England, Russia, France and America. Unfortunately any excerpts we see are kept to a minimum which is a shame and why this isn't a DVD I need to keep. Darcy looks lovely and is a good presenter but for me it is all too brief a look at her ballerina heroines actually performing.

Raising Sand
Raising Sand
Offered by DVD Overstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly blending voices, 1 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Raising Sand (Audio CD)
Long since a fan of Robert Plant but had never heard of blue grass singer Alison Krauss before hearing 'Rich Woman' on the radio. I find this album easy to listen to with perfectly blended vocals between the two artists and tracks well done. Both artists have a track of their own and generalising the style of the album is blues and ballad. Alison Krauss vocals are just delicious with clarity and effortless high vocal range that Dolly Parton could do so well. My own personal favourite is the upbeat 'Gone Gone Gone'. A rather lovely addition to my bluesy music collection and well done Robert Plant to still be enjoying what you are doing with the added bonus of success.

The Lone Ranger [DVD]
The Lone Ranger [DVD]
Dvd ~ Johnny Depp

5.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs up from a fan of the original Lone Ranger, 8 May 2014
This review is from: The Lone Ranger [DVD] (DVD)
Growing up a fan of the Lone Ranger TV series helped with my enjoyment of this film which to me is fun, and I think Armie Hammer is as much the Lone Ranger as Clayton Moore was. Made rather 'tonque in cheek' I noticed the film also gives a nod to other Gore Verbinski / Johnny Depp films. It's a long film and worth its value. So if you are a fan of Verbinski, Depp and Hanz Zimmer music there is no reason why you shouldn't like this film, unless you don't like westerns.

Overture to Jephtha - Menuet
Overture to Jephtha - Menuet

5.0 out of 5 stars An orchestra to be proud of, 8 Mar. 2014
The King's Consort with this production have ticked all the boxes for me:
Love of 17th century music
Handel
Brass instruments

Samson: Overture. Menuetto
Samson: Overture. Menuetto

5.0 out of 5 stars An album to purchase, 8 Mar. 2014
The King's Consort under the very fine conductorship of Robert King, have combined the music and period of Handel with a touch (just the slightest) pronounced brass. As a huge fan of brass bands of England this has brought something special to a period of music that is a firm favourite. This album will now be added to my collection.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8