Profile for T. Parry > Reviews

T. Parry

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Morphy Richards 732000 2 in 1 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner - Grey
Morphy Richards 732000 2 in 1 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner - Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars I read a good many of the reviews and was struck by the ..., 31 Aug. 2015
I read a good many of the reviews and was struck by the high marks given by such a large number of reviewers, and thought I would go ahead with an order. The main reason for my purchase was to be able to have something light and manoeuvreable to quickly vacuum around instead of pulling out a much bigger, heavier Siebel vacuum cleaner. Delivery was earlier than expected, so very pleased with that. The cleaner arrived well-packaged and assembly was simple. The unit charged up in under 4 hours and away I went. I must say I am really pleased with its ease of use and its ability to clean carpets and hard surfaces alike. I was surprised by how much it picked up and have emptied the cylinder a couple of times already in just over a week's use. I can see that in order to maintain optimum performance it will be best to empty sooner rather than later. So, on the whole, I am delighted and would recommend this product.

Craghopper Kiwi Short Sleeved Shirt - Size: L, Colour: Metal-Grey
Craghopper Kiwi Short Sleeved Shirt - Size: L, Colour: Metal-Grey
Offered by Warwickshire Clothing

5.0 out of 5 stars I really like this shirt, 9 Aug. 2015
I really like this shirt. It is comfortable to wear in hot or cooler climates with a useful number of pockets, and washes and dries easily overnight. I have two already and am planning to buy another soon. They are great for taking on holiday when you don't want to over pack.

Esprit Men's 094EE2F063 Regular Fit Classic Long Sleeve Casual Shirt, Blue (Indigo), Large

3.0 out of 5 stars The quality and the feel of the shirt for the price were fine., 3 Feb. 2015
I ordered the regular large and what arrived was the slimfit large, so regrettably it was too small and I returned the shirt. The quality and the feel of the shirt for the price were fine.

Gumbies - Adult Aqua Shoes (UK 10, Black)
Gumbies - Adult Aqua Shoes (UK 10, Black)
Offered by Gumbies Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 10 Jan. 2015
I used these in the Caribbean recently and thought they were great. Easy to get on and off, they dry reasonably quickly and a sharp knock together gets most of the sand out. When you are in the water you have to remember that the ties at the back of the shoe are there and not give way to the idea that there a lots of little fish nibbling at your ankles!! They are comfortable to wear and give your feet that very important protection against whatever may be in the sand when you are in the water - animate or inanimate.
They aren't particularly heavy which is useful when you are working to a given kg per case weight restriction. Overall I am very impressed and would buy them again.

GEM Camera Case for Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ55, DMC-TZ60, DMC-ZS35, DMC-ZS40, with quick release belt loop and shoulder strap
Offered by GEM Bags & Cases

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a brilliant little case for my recently purchased Lumix TZ60, 30 Dec. 2014
This is a brilliant little case for my recently purchased Lumix TZ60. I used it umpteen times a day when on a two week sunny climes holiday just recently. It is easy and quick to get the camera out of the bag - no fiddling with zips. It helps to make sure the wrist strap is attached to your camera to avoid any possibility of the camera slipping out of your fingers as you withdraw it from the bag. The case protects the camera well and there is a separate compartment at the front (this does use a zip) to hold a spare battery and card. You can use the bag over your shoulder or through your belt.

Excellent value for money and highly recommended.

Eurolites N92160 Headlamp Adaptors for Driving in Europe
Eurolites N92160 Headlamp Adaptors for Driving in Europe

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to apply, 14 Oct. 2014
Easy to apply, adhesion was excellent; took a little bit of elbow grease to remove the residue after I took them off as I didn't want to use white spirit on the plastic headlamp covers. Would recommend and will buy again.

The Test Of Courage: Michel Thomas: A Biography Of The Holocaust Survivor And Nazi-Hunter By Christopher Robbins

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed reading about Michel Thomas, 26 Aug. 2014
I really enjoyed reading about Michel Thomas. I have to confess to being a big fan of his teaching style and have his Spanish and French CDs and am intending to purchase an Italian course shortly. I often wondered who and what was behind this man and how he acquired his extraordinary knowledge of languages and his ability to develop teaching ideas to get you up and running in a language.

When I got a mail from Amazon to say there was a book about him, I didn't hesitate. And what an interesting story it is. In his earlier life he inhabited a world that few of us born after the end of WW2 can really understand, especially if we are British and never suffered occupation under the Nazi regime. The reviews will tell those thinking of buying this book all about the key stages in Michel Thomas' life so I won't repeat them here. Suffice to say, it is a fascinating account and I recommend it wholeheartedly.

The Guitar Handbook
The Guitar Handbook
by Ralph Denyer

5.0 out of 5 stars The definitive guitar handbook, 23 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Guitar Handbook (Paperback)
I bought another copy of this wonderful book for my daughter who is learning the guitar. My original is still with me and is at least 20 years old. Everything you need to know about the guitar - styles, construction, strings, etc. plus music theory is in there. Brilliant book and I would recommend 100% to anyone wishing to learn how to play the guitar in a range of styles.

How Do We Fix This Mess? The Economic Price of Having it all, and the Route to Lasting Prosperity: The Economic Price of Having it all, and the Route to Lasting Prosperity

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 23 Jun. 2014
Not only does Robert tell you how the crash began, he also gives you a lesson in economics at the same time. I think it is a great book written in a very readable style, stopping at various points along the journey to explain and re-explain concepts and the whys and wherefores of the finance industry.

I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to know how greed and arrogance brought us into this mess.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 23 Jun. 2014
The material is very soft as earlier reviewers have already said. I find that a gentle tug on the ear lobe is enough to put the plug far enough in place to stop water getting in. I usually manage 40 + lengths of the swimming pool and adjust them perhaps twice in the time it takes me to do that. On the whole I am pleased with them and would recommend them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5