Profile for David Chorley > Reviews

Content by David Chorley

David Chorley "scubadiver" (UK)

The Infected Books 1-6
The Infected Books 1-6

3.0 out of 5 stars It' OK., 3 May 2014
The story line is original, but I am finding it a little repetitive and confusing, there are a lot of characters, and a lot going on,
I find myself reading this when I have nothing else to do, as in just before bedtime.
I am only about a third of the way through, I may not finish this book, It's a shame as I have enjoyed other books by this author.

Clarks MidfordAlp GTX Boots Mens Brown Braun (Dark Brown Lea) Size: 10 UK (44.5 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Even got spare laces., 31 Jan 2014
Great so far, but I've only had them a week or so.
There was a little confusion about size, I ordered a size 10, according to the Clarks chart, equivalent to I think it was 44.5
but when the order was put through it came out as 10.5, I had a "chat" with Amazon, they told me they would look into it, and they must have, I received an email from them the next day telling me they were looking into the matter.
Anyway I did get my boots, the right size and a day early.
I have yet to have a bad experience buying thru Amazon.

Opteka GPN-1 Geotag GPS & Shutter Release Cord for Nikon D3, D3S, D3X, D4, D700, D300, D300S, D2X, D2XS, D2HS, D200, D5000, D5100, D5200, D3100, D3200, D7000, D7100, D90 and D800 DSLR Cameras (Nikon GP-1 Replacement)
Offered by 47th Street Photo

3.0 out of 5 stars So Far So Good, 7 Aug 2013
I've only used it a couple of times and it worked just like they said it would, It arrived well before the date given, (don't know how they do it so fast) I use it on my Nikon d7000 with no problem, yes the little door has to be open for the wire and I had no problem with it, but if you were doing photography in a crowded environment say at a sporting event I could see it being a concern of course the answer would be to take the first photo with the GPS remove it, takes a second, and carry one shooting that way you would know where that group of photos were shot, Just an idea.
I'm now using it on my d800 the plugin is different and lot more robust, (it comes with different attachments) my only criticism is that it is slow, of course it helps if you remember to switch it on, but even then it took more than a couple of minutes for the flashing green light to stay on and I was on a hill in the open.

Apple iPod shuffle 2GB - Blue  (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2012)
Apple iPod shuffle 2GB - Blue (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2012)
Offered by MTKInc

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 13 Jan 2013
I bought it for my 90 year old Mum for Christmas, she loves Susan Boyle so I downloaded two Susan Boyle albums, purchased through Amazon, onto the little iPod, (and it is little) she loves it! she doesn't have a clue about computers, she has a hard time with the phone, but this little iPod only really has two controls, a very small on off switch and a big button for the music.
So now my dear old Mum with earphones on is dancing to music, it's magic!
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 19, 2014 6:40 AM BST

TomTom GO LIVE 825 5" Sat Nav with Europe Maps (45 Countries) (discontinued by manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars I hope I just got a bad one!, 9 Mar 2012
I bought the GO LIVE 825 to replace a 1000 series that was stolen, wish I had stayed with the 1000.
Lots of problems with the 825, #1 very fiddely to put on the wind shield, #2 The battery does not last long in storage, can't leave the thing in the car, that's how the last TOM TOM was stolen, so I put it in a draw till I need it, then the battery is flat so when you go to use it, it takes the car 5 minutes or so till it will fire up.
Yes they say you can charge it through your computer, never knew if it was charged or not, then put it back in the draw, battery still dead when I wanted it.
Today I got it out of the draw to lend to my Step Father, he's 89, had to go to a funeral, anyway the thing would not turn on so I plugged it in to the computer to charge up.
I'm not sure if it turned on the TomTom programme or I did, but it started to download updates, it was downloading for about 30 minutes,when it was finished I had no maps! so now I have a TomTom 825 with no maps and no backups are available.
New maps are over £50, I've only had this since Sept 2011.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 17, 2012 11:08 PM BST

CTEK CTE-MXS5.0 5A 12V Car Battery Charger (Without automatic temperature compensation) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Sewell Auto Electric & Battery Centre Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars As advertised, 22 Aug 2011
Very pleased with the charger, I like the way you can tell exactly where the charging cycle is, also comes with it's own bag and is small enough to fit in the glove box.