Profile for Hawkins Cambridge Vehicle Leasing > Reviews

Content by Hawkins Cambri...

Hawkins Cambridge Vehicle Leasing

Nokia Lumia 900 Sim Free Mobile Phone - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
Nokia Lumia 900 Sim Free Mobile Phone - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by DGL Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Lumia 900, 13 July 2012
Having been an iPhone 3GS owner who foolishly updated ios all the way to 5 and was left with a paperweight, I started looking for a suitable replacement.
I didn't want the iPhone 4S seeing as it will be replaced in 4 months with the 5 and I don't like Android I was left with looking for a Windows Phone.

The Lumia stood out the most and I had the choice between the 800 and brand new 900 (which I chose).

As I use my phone for work purposes, email was essential (I use POP3 and OWA).

Setting up the POP was easy, however getting my OWA email was nothing short of a NIGHTMARE.

Basically, if you have a self-signed certificate, chances are you will have MAJOR problems with an error message stating there is a problem with your security cert which will not let you access your outlook email.

After over 2 weeks of head scratching I finally got it sorted with a .pfx certificate.

So, having now got a fully functioning phone, I can safely say this is the best phone I have ever owned.
It is intuitive to use, good to look at and not an iphone!

Yes, the app choice is limited but as this is a business phone, I don't care about angry birds et al.

The Nokia Drive Sat Nav is the quickest sat nav I have ever used. Once you download the uk map it finds your destination almost instantly and calculates your route just as quick. My Garmin is now obselete.

IE is pretty good and Bing search and local scout are also good.

Only complaint really is that if you visit a website in IE you cannot click on a phone number to call it, you can copy it but you cannot paste a number into the dialer - this is a bit of a pain but not the end of the world.

Would I buy another? YES
Why only 4 Stars? 2 Reasons: 1) Getting outlook email to work should not be as difficult as it was. 2) Its annoying I cannot paste numbers into the phone dialer.