Profile for Katharine Kirby > Reviews

Content by Katharine Kirby
Top Reviewer Ranking: 114

Katharine Kirby "Kate" (HELSTON, Cornwall United Kingdom)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
UltraPro 50ft Triple Layer, Non Kink Expandable Garden Hose Set, Complete With 8 Setting Soft Grip Professional Spray Gun, Metal Hose Hanger And 2 x Hose Connectors By Scott & Co®. Your 50ft UltraPro Expanding Hose Comes Completely Risk Free With A 365 DAY MANUFACTURES GUARANTEE. Gift Boxed.
Offered by gardenbestbuys

5.0 out of 5 stars When not in use, you'd hardly know it was there., 4 Sept. 2015
When you receive a box with this 100' hose inside, plus the spray gun, the fittings and the hanging hook, you may be forgiven for thinking this is just not the same as that old, hard, heavy dirty hose you have been used to. It cannot be man enough for your requirements, you may reckon. Hold on, I promise you will be pleasantly surprised, in fact you will have to hold back the neighbours and any children around, they will all want to watch the Incredible Hulk style engorgement of the tu tu type green material with the expanding hose inside. You could charge admission...

Better still this is one of the strongest hoses of this type around so it's truly buy and that's it. it will live through the winter, it's perennial, no frail annual, this truly sturdy set up. Taking up a tiny amount of space, don't forget to carry on empty it out after you turn off the tap. Don't leave it full of water as this might weaken it.

In use you can clip back the trigger so the flow carries on as you water or wash. The robust, well built spray gun can do: Shower, Mist,Cone, Stream, Centre, Vertical, Flat or Full Spray. It can be almost as good as a pressure washer if you choose. If you do need it to attach to a real pressure washer then the universal fitting will join the machine, maybe with a jubilee clip to strengthen the connection, as is usual. It curls back into a tidy shape after stretching out like a conventional hose. One hundred feet of this compacts back into a bundle 14"x5". This can be tidily stowed on the included wide black metal hook. The fittings for the hose unscrew and fit on to the tap one end and click in to the spray gun, all without leaking.The pent up power is super strong. You can turn it off at the gun but best to do that at the tap.

I love mine, which was sent as a sample to review, and hope you will be very pleased with yours, too. Altogether an excellent product that will amaze you with its abilities. Truly a revolutionary change in design of a humble hose.

STAINLESS STEEL POT LID ORGANISER
STAINLESS STEEL POT LID ORGANISER
Offered by Shop-Online247

5.0 out of 5 stars Get all your ducks in a row, 4 Sept. 2015
This review is from: STAINLESS STEEL POT LID ORGANISER
I have recently redecorated my kitchen, carried out a certain amount of de-cluttering and re-organising. The pot lids were sliding around all over the place in a cupboard or on a shelf. I saw this Stainless Steel Pot Lid Organiser, interestingly marketed by IKEA, thought it would be the answer.

And so it is. The product arrived in a small book sized heavy parcel, it is the work of moments to screw the posts into the base, stretch it out and set it up. Now my lids are all in a row, sitting comfortably, easy to grab. The instructions do show a fry pan on its side staked on this set but I only wanted it for lids and feel that's what it is best at.

The stainless steel looks fit to last a long time without rusting so I can't see why this shouldn't stay in my kitchen forever!
Comment Comment | Permalink

The Clasp
The Clasp
by Sloane Crosley

2.0 out of 5 stars This book raised my blood pressure, 4 Sept. 2015
This review is from: The Clasp (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The celebrities who recommended this must have read a different book. I love David Sedaris, who is quoted as saying that he found it ‘Perfectly, relentlessly funny’. Well, sorry, not.

A frantic, daft dialogue driven ‘Four Weddings and a Funeral’ parody – college friends reunited at weddings scenarios, this book is stuffed with 21st century US cultural references. Well, those pertaining to spoilt, rude, self centred egos. Caustic retorts and internal chewing over, self justifying, one sided conversations, compile a series of chapters from the Victor, Kezia, and Nathaniel. Getting to know them doesn’t help. None are likeable. I am sorry to be so dismissive, perhaps I should never have tried to read this, I was intrigued by the allusion to 'The Necklace' but, as in the story by Guy du Maupassant, there's something fake about it all. I will be kind and say that I am not in the age group to enjoy this kind of writing. Others may well love it.

Cynical, sharp, rude, their world is not a place I want to be in. I don’t even understand much of what they are talking about. Or where they are. All over the place, taking flights at the drop of a hat, phoning, lying, as you may have guessed this is a book I couldn’t like. And the all day swearing finished it for me completely. It all gave me mental indigestion.

LE Power Adaptor, Transformers, Power Supply For LED Strip, 12V, 3A Max, 36 Watt Max, Power 5M 300LED 3528SMD Strip, UK Plug, Accessories
Offered by Neon Mart

5.0 out of 5 stars Puts the lights on with LED flexible roll, 3 Sept. 2015
Works perfectly with the sets of LED flexible roll of lights I was also sent for a review from Lighting Ever. I am most impressed with this new, to me anyway, set up and am very much enjoying the results.

The little lights are delightful, really charming to see and never get hot so aren't a fire hazard. The adaptor is well made and easy to use. hurray!

LE 12V DC Flexible LED Strip Lights, 5m LED Light Strips, Warm White, 300 Units 3528 LEDs, Non-waterproof, LED Lighting Strips, LED Tape, Pack of 2 Units
Offered by Neon Mart

5.0 out of 5 stars A 'Brilliant' Lighting Solution, 3 Sept. 2015
A Brilliant Idea!

A model ship illuminated by Flexible LED Lights from Lighting Ever is shown in my photograph.

This roll of LED lights was sent to me by Lighting Ever as a sample for review. They also sent me the required adaptor LED Power Adaptor.

I was delighted to try these excellent lights. We used them to illuminate an old model liner that we have on display in our kitchen. It was made in the fifties for my husband and we certainly didn't want it to get too hot and open up or worse still catch on fore. So these cold but 'warm white' LED lights were an ideal solution. Now the liner appears to be steaming through the night with a party on board, diners and dancers all enjoying the atmosphere!

Easy to fit, the adhesive is very efficient, even on rather old and dusty, imperfect surfaces. The lights are small, unobtrusive, would be ideal for a dolls house, under kitchen units, in a dark wardrobe or cupboard. There are very clear instructions, easy to follow, the joining process is simple.

I am so pleased to have been offered the chance to try this super set out and am already planning further situations where it could be used.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Russell Hobbs 18995 Aura Glass 2-in-1 Jug Blender - White
Russell Hobbs 18995 Aura Glass 2-in-1 Jug Blender - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best, 3 Sept. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Works straight out of the box, chunky, professional, smart, white, clean and - powerful.

The breadcrumb test passed with flying colours, as you may know weak little woosies that come on cheaper mixers just whirr round and round while the bread stays whole. Not this big boy, fresh breadcrumbs? Chuck in a whole hard slice and perfect crumbs in seconds. Soup? Sock it to me, this jar can take the hottest cauldron of veggies, put away that splishy splashy stick blender, give the job to the champ!

The mini me grinder can do coffee beans, ice, peppercorns or baby mush, moments to wash up then back to base for another day.

Best of it all? The whopper stays put. Doesn't wobble, don't wander, doesn't whinge.

A friend for life, in the kitchen anyway.

Lifetime Garden 95109 Automatic Plant Waterer Ceramic Humidifier (Pack of 2) - Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars Best used initially under some sort of supervision., 1 Sept. 2015
Well the spikes are porous ceramic, the thin curly brown tubes act as siphons, the green tops go back on, however I was completely flummoxed by the lack of directions. There are some rudimentary drawings on the pack, which didn’t make much sense to me. The photos tell you nothing. I looked up loads of other reviews to see what they were meant to do and was disappointed to see so many ones saying ‘these don’t work’. I wrote to the supplier and received two photos which just showed the brown sqiggly pie in a full water bottle one end and the probe in the plant pot.

I was particularly interested in using these in the greenhouse, when I accepted a sample for review. However, many reviewers say they cannot get them to work. It is the siphoning and levels in the water container that causes the problem. These are products that when they are good they are very very good and when they are bad they are horrid. Mine are apparently OK, nothing coming apart, and are working so far.

So if you know how these work and want to buy some, I can only say that mine look useful, are carefully made, and should do the job.

Nobo Glide Drywipe Markers Bullet Tip Assorted Colours (4 Pack)
Nobo Glide Drywipe Markers Bullet Tip Assorted Colours (4 Pack)

3.0 out of 5 stars Up to the mark, 28 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Straightforward stubby white board pens that last well, flow freely and make a good deep colour line on the board. Visible from from a way away.

No squeaking, tight caps that maintain the tips and a choice of black, red blue and green. If you are here looking for Dry Wipe Markers, I think you will be pleased to find these. I have been using them on my whiteboard and have no problems to report.

Purina PRO PLAN Dog Medium and Large Adult 7+ with Optiage Rich in Chicken Dry Food - 3 kg

3.0 out of 5 stars Fish is more likely to enhance brain function I think, 28 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Our grown up Springers love taste testing dog food. They are working dogs and it's a job they relish. The charming photo on the bag is of one of their breed so the packaging instantly appealed to them.

The smell is attractive, there are no bright colours that encourage crazy behaviour, all seems sound and sensible. They are very keen indeed on the Pro Plan Opti age kibble, in fact at this moment they are eagerly sitting beside me offering their enthusiastic compliments to the chef.

I trust that the top of the range price of this dog food means it is extra special although the tiny writing on the back of the bag gives away the fact that the percentage of protein is 14%, not that impressive, but protein can bring on problems with hyperactivity too, hopefully the recipe is well balanced. Lots of vegetable oil and rice. We are often advised by the vet that if dogs are showing signs of digestive problems, feed them only chicken and rice. So the simple ingredients should be easy on them. No adverse effects with tummies and I am the one wielding the poo bags so I should know!

The bag is a practical size and the seal closes well if you just cut off a careful corner loop as directed. It is rather expensive for a kibble.

KurtzyTM Clear Acrylic Table Top Makeup Beauty Organiser Stand Jewellery Display
Offered by Kurtzie - Fast Shipping

5.0 out of 5 stars Super sensible see through storage, 28 Aug. 2015
"I received this product for free in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed are my own."

The clarity of the acrylic is so good it appears to be clean, new glass. The bevelled edges of all the compartments add to the well designed style of this set. Being able to see at a glance what is inside is a huge plus. The uses it could be put to are only limited by the imagination. Of course cosmetics, also earrings, beads, jewellery, sewing accoutrements, craft supplies...

The quality is excellent, the compartments are reassuringly weighty and stable. A wipe over restores the new look when they get dusty. Altogether a useful and decorative storage item. It has encouraged me to sort out my dressing table bits and bobs, hairbands etc so now I am feeling virtuous and tidy!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20