Profile for Fiona > Reviews

Cuban Fury [DVD] [2014]
Cuban Fury [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Nick Frost

4.0 out of 5 stars A great laugh and great dancing., 11 May 2015
This review is from: Cuban Fury [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
Nice film for young(ish) and old alike. Watched this on a rainy Sunday and we all had a good giggle. Nice to see Olivia Coleman when she doesn't have a murder to solve. She plays the main character's sister. She's not in it tjhat much though. Nick Frost's films are always heart warming. We watched it because we like latin american music and we all do zumba and salsa. Whichever dancers do the real (stunt) dancing are awesome. Like most dance films there is a wee bit of dancing here and there followed by a frenzy of dance at the end with a nice story line to keep you watching.

Mug Cakes: 40 speedy cakes to make in a microwave
Mug Cakes: 40 speedy cakes to make in a microwave
by Mima Sinclair

5.0 out of 5 stars Ding! U Got Cake!, 11 May 2015
This is nothing short of amazing. Made the carrot cake on Sunday. Just chuck the wet ingredients followed by the dry ingredients in your 350ml mug, stir it......2 and a bit minutes later in the microwave........DING! It is so cool. It rises like a soufflé an inch over the mug so great if you have kids to make it with. TASTES YUMMY.
Cakes seem easy to make. Nice book to flick through because really colourful and jolly. Either the book or the cake in a mug would make a lovely present. No guilt because you’re making quite a small cake.
Some cakes involve using several mugs and then combining them but the instructions don’t always make that clear.
It’s fun to make everything in a your mug but actually would prob be easier to do it in one or more bowls and then put the combined mixture in a mug to cook the cake
As other reviewers have said, you can keep the expense down by not making the toppings or just doing normal icing instead of buying toffee sauce or whatever. OR be forced to make toffee cakes all the time to justify the expense. Think how terrible that would be.

John Frieda Luxurious Volume Fine To Full Blow Out Spray 4 OZ
John Frieda Luxurious Volume Fine To Full Blow Out Spray 4 OZ
Offered by OTCFORYOU

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS PRODUCT IS AWESOME!!, 9 Mar. 2015
THIS PRODUCT IS AWESOME!!!! I have very fine hair but you wouldn't know it - a few spritz of this and wow!! My hair looks just like I want it to and keeps its volume even after I've applied hair spray. The volume stays all day long. The style stays put and it's even still quite full after I've slept on it. Please don't stop making this!!!

NIVEA Visage Refreshing Facial Cleansing Wipes - 25 pcs
NIVEA Visage Refreshing Facial Cleansing Wipes - 25 pcs
Offered by Art Apparel

5.0 out of 5 stars Best wipes I've ever used, 21 Jan. 2014
I have got quite bad eczema and it really calms it down and the red patches look smaller. My skin is moisturised and soft. It also removes waterproof mascara and every trace of make up. I agree with some other reviewers that they feel a bit rough and not as moist as some other wipes but they actually work really well.
I note that these are £3.45 in the supermarket so even if you only get 25 in a pack, they're cheap on Amazon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant brush, 16 Jan. 2014
I bought 2 salon pro nail varnishes this year. The brushes really are fantastic. They are not just straight at the end like normal ones, they are so easy to use. 3 swipes on each nail and you're done.

1.0 out of 5 stars Only lasted a couple of hours, 13 Jan. 2014
I agree with the other reviewer. These are foils rather than paper/plastic nail wraps. They were too wide so had to trim them; left wrinkles at the side of nails and tore the day after I had applied them. They are a bit of fun for an afternoon or one night out and there are loads in the pack. I applied mine on to my naked nail bed. As per the instructions, I buffed my nails first but I don't think that helped. The other wraps I've bought tell you to wipe your hands with nail varnish remover to degrease.

I did apply one over the top of some nail varnish on my toe and it lasted fine.

If you want better quality, go for Nail Rock or similar but you'll see that they are much more expensive. They are easy to apply and last for at least a week.

Elegant Touch Pink Noise Nail Envy Wraps
Elegant Touch Pink Noise Nail Envy Wraps
Offered by Blush Cosmetics

4.0 out of 5 stars Different colour to the pic, 13 Jan. 2014
I have used nail wraps for quite a while now and I like them a lot. In this case, I was surprised to find that when I got the wraps home they were a different colour to the picture. They are actually neon pink, not this nice Springtime pink. I'll still use them but for a night out rather than for an everyday look.

If you are new to nail wraps, there are different types so read the product description before you buy. You need heat for some, water for others with a top coat of clear varnish (these are called decals) whilst others are foil based and can be tricky to apply. The best ones are straight forward stickers that you stick straight onto your nails and file off. They go on easily and don't crease. I cannot comment on these particular ones but I've looked at them and they seem like good ones.

Olympus Has Fallen [DVD] [2013]
Olympus Has Fallen [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Gerard Butler
Offered by Qoolist

4.0 out of 5 stars Great movie with a convincing cast, 3 Jan. 2014
This is an original take on a `Someone attacks the President' movie. Gerard Butler is great as the hero, even if his voice is so deep you can't understand a word he's saying without subtitles. Morgan Freeman, as Speaker of the House helps Mr Butler's attempts to save the Free World by standing in as Acting President and the guy playing the Korean baddie has nice hair and is suitably evil. Ashley Judd looks like a chipmunk due to the mixture of Botox and fillers she felt the need to subject her face to (allegedly). That is all I have to say on her contribution.
The hero had been part of the President's elite body guard but was put on a desk job following a serious incident where one of the family gets killed. (I won't spoil it for you.) He ends up being the one crawling around in the rubble in iconic bits of the White House (such as the Oval Office) after the Koreans launch a successful and rather convincing attack. If you are thinking of watching this with children or those of a sensitive nature, be aware there is a high body count.
The plot is fairly believable, to the point of being a bit scary and we watched it as a family (of adults) and we all enjoyed it. It's not going to offer many discussion points at dinner parties but, for a beer and pizza night, it's perfection. If anything, it's above average as a shoot `em up.

1.0 out of 5 stars Try Before You Buy, 2 Jan. 2014
This wine is made from the grapes of very very (100 years plus) vines. The grapes that grow on these vines are very small and therefore the flavour that comes from the wine is incredibly stong and really not to everyone's taste. Not a pizza and a DVD night wine but would probably go (possibly) with something like game soup or venison. I bought a bottle from a well known department store as a Christmas present and it didn't go down well. Frankly, we all hated it.

Nail Rock Designer Nail Wraps Montage
Nail Rock Designer Nail Wraps Montage

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to apply and look fabulous darling!, 12 Dec. 2013
I'm not much of a girly girl but I adore these. When you've got these on, you feel so much more dressed up and they're a conversation starter at parties. They took half and hour to apply and file down. Some of them are a little bit wide but you can trim them before you put them on. I've got them on now and not a problem to type. They're black and white so will go with a lot of outfits. They come with a good quality cuticle tool and little flat pumice stone to file off the excess nail wrap. Only tricky thing is trimming off the excess if you want to use scissors on your right hand if you're right handed but could probably just file it off instead of trimming then filing.

Instructions say if it's cold, warm your hands and the wrap but I didn't bother and it worked perfectly. If you apply them and then smooth them from the centre out they don't wrinkle.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6