Profile for Fiona > Reviews

Nivea Visage Refreshing Facial Cleansing Wipes 25pcs
Nivea Visage Refreshing Facial Cleansing Wipes 25pcs
Price: 1.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Best wipes I've ever used, 21 Jan 2014
I have got quite bad eczema and it really calms it down and the red patches look smaller. My skin is moisturised and soft. It also removes waterproof mascara and every trace of make up. I agree with some other reviewers that they feel a bit rough and not as moist as some other wipes but they actually work really well.
I note that these are 3.45 in the supermarket so even if you only get 25 in a pack, they're cheap on Amazon.

Rimmel Salon Pro Nail Polish By Kate (227 New Romantic)
Rimmel Salon Pro Nail Polish By Kate (227 New Romantic)

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant brush, 16 Jan 2014
I bought 2 salon pro nail varnishes this year. The brushes really are fantastic. They are not just straight at the end like normal ones, they are so easy to use. 3 swipes on each nail and you're done.

AMAZING SALE!!! ONLY 0.99 PER PACK!!! Nail Wraps- Bundle of 5 Nail Wraps / Nail Foils / Nail Stickers By MoYou.

1.0 out of 5 stars Only lasted a couple of hours, 13 Jan 2014
I agree with the other reviewer. These are foils rather than paper/plastic nail wraps. They were too wide so had to trim them; left wrinkles at the side of nails and tore the day after I had applied them. They are a bit of fun for an afternoon or one night out and there are loads in the pack. I applied mine on to my naked nail bed. As per the instructions, I buffed my nails first but I don't think that helped. The other wraps I've bought tell you to wipe your hands with nail varnish remover to degrease.

I did apply one over the top of some nail varnish on my toe and it lasted fine.

If you want better quality, go for Nail Rock or similar but you'll see that they are much more expensive. They are easy to apply and last for at least a week.

Elegant Touch Pink Noise Nail Envy Wraps
Elegant Touch Pink Noise Nail Envy Wraps
Offered by cosmeticsdirect2u
Price: 2.70

4.0 out of 5 stars Different colour to the pic, 13 Jan 2014
I have used nail wraps for quite a while now and I like them a lot. In this case, I was surprised to find that when I got the wraps home they were a different colour to the picture. They are actually neon pink, not this nice Springtime pink. I'll still use them but for a night out rather than for an everyday look.

If you are new to nail wraps, there are different types so read the product description before you buy. You need heat for some, water for others with a top coat of clear varnish (these are called decals) whilst others are foil based and can be tricky to apply. The best ones are straight forward stickers that you stick straight onto your nails and file off. They go on easily and don't crease. I cannot comment on these particular ones but I've looked at them and they seem like good ones.

Olympus Has Fallen [DVD] [2013]
Olympus Has Fallen [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Gerard Butler
Price: 5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great movie with a convincing cast, 3 Jan 2014
This is an original take on a `Someone attacks the President' movie. Gerard Butler is great as the hero, even if his voice is so deep you can't understand a word he's saying without subtitles. Morgan Freeman, as Speaker of the House helps Mr Butler's attempts to save the Free World by standing in as Acting President and the guy playing the Korean baddie has nice hair and is suitably evil. Ashley Judd looks like a chipmunk due to the mixture of Botox and fillers she felt the need to subject her face to (allegedly). That is all I have to say on her contribution.
The hero had been part of the President's elite body guard but was put on a desk job following a serious incident where one of the family gets killed. (I won't spoil it for you.) He ends up being the one crawling around in the rubble in iconic bits of the White House (such as the Oval Office) after the Koreans launch a successful and rather convincing attack. If you are thinking of watching this with children or those of a sensitive nature, be aware there is a high body count.
The plot is fairly believable, to the point of being a bit scary and we watched it as a family (of adults) and we all enjoyed it. It's not going to offer many discussion points at dinner parties but, for a beer and pizza night, it's perfection. If anything, it's above average as a shoot `em up.

CIEN Y PICO DOBLE PASTA TINTORERA (6 x 75cl Case)
CIEN Y PICO DOBLE PASTA TINTORERA (6 x 75cl Case)

1.0 out of 5 stars Try Before You Buy, 2 Jan 2014
This wine is made from the grapes of very very (100 years plus) vines. The grapes that grow on these vines are very small and therefore the flavour that comes from the wine is incredibly stong and really not to everyone's taste. Not a pizza and a DVD night wine but would probably go (possibly) with something like game soup or venison. I bought a bottle from a well known department store as a Christmas present and it didn't go down well. Frankly, we all hated it.

Nail Rock Designer Nail Wraps Montage
Nail Rock Designer Nail Wraps Montage

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to apply and look fabulous darling!, 12 Dec 2013
I'm not much of a girly girl but I adore these. When you've got these on, you feel so much more dressed up and they're a conversation starter at parties. They took half and hour to apply and file down. Some of them are a little bit wide but you can trim them before you put them on. I've got them on now and not a problem to type. They're black and white so will go with a lot of outfits. They come with a good quality cuticle tool and little flat pumice stone to file off the excess nail wrap. Only tricky thing is trimming off the excess if you want to use scissors on your right hand if you're right handed but could probably just file it off instead of trimming then filing.

Instructions say if it's cold, warm your hands and the wrap but I didn't bother and it worked perfectly. If you apply them and then smooth them from the centre out they don't wrinkle.

Clipper Organic Lemon & Ginger 20 Tea Bags (Pack of 6)
Clipper Organic Lemon & Ginger 20 Tea Bags (Pack of 6)
Price: 6.34

4.0 out of 5 stars Yummy refreshing and comforting, 12 Dec 2013
This tastes like a lemony ginger hug. Great for the winter months if you don't want the constant coffee buzz or hot chocolate. I know you can have normal tea but this is a yummy alternative. You don't need boiling water, it brews fine with just very hot water. It's quite sweet even without sugar.

Flight [DVD]
Flight [DVD]
Dvd ~ Denzel Washington
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Denzil Washington at his best, 12 Dec 2013
This review is from: Flight [DVD] (DVD)
I watched this film with several colleagues - all ages and backgrounds and we all really enjoyed it. It's just a good film. Fabulous special effects, great acting from the lead characters and a thought provoking story line. The main scenes on the plane come across in thrilling and convincing way, even on a small screen.

The Heist [DVD] [2009]
The Heist [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Morgan Freeman
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT
Price: 6.50

4.0 out of 5 stars A charming caper, 8 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Heist [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
This is a buddy movie with a difference - it's actually quite good! I found the characters really charming and funny and I really loved the story line. This is about 3 older guys who are guards in an art gallery. Each has really fallen in love with a painting or a sculpture. After all, they're the ones who spend the most time with them. When they discover they're being moved to Denmark, they put together a daring plan to prevent this outrage and well, hilarity ensues....

This is really not the type of film we're used to seeing from this stellar cast so prepare to be pleasantly suprised. Wouldn't want to see this again and again but I'd recommend it to anyone who likes a giggle.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6