Profile for G. Sexton > Reviews

Beyond Euphoria: Mixed By Dt8 Project
Beyond Euphoria: Mixed By Dt8 Project
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a matter of taste, 24 Jun. 2013
A lot of mixed reviews on this one, I guess it's a matter of taste... The tracks on this CD... some of the best vocals you are ever likely to hear ( but I am a sucker for female vocals ). The mixing - slap, bam, there's the change, in your face....track after track after track, original and likely to be very hard to reproduce. ( I have yet to hear another CD mixed in this style ) The CD's, well Disk 2 is nowhere as good as Disk 1 but that's because Disk 1 is an absolute masterpiece...but you have got to like vocal trance... Top 10?? Top 5 I'd say....

Above & Beyond: Anjunadeep 01
Above & Beyond: Anjunadeep 01

5.0 out of 5 stars A time to reflect, 21 Jun. 2013
I'm no DJ. I wouldn't know a blip from a beat but this isn't about me, this is about this album and there are some cracking sounds on here and yes you should buy it, but I need to voice a biased opinion. I still love to listen to my Euphoria's, Oakenfold, Trance Nation, PVD and everything in between but it is only now that I have started to feel that I am listening to something dated when I put on these CD's...??? Stick this one in the car (I have a Volvo, really good sound system, very detailed mid range) and the acoustics are all over the place. Put it on separates system and it sounds balanced, detailed and well, just sweet. Coincidence?... I think not, but what I do think is missing is some of the older sounds. Hope my over indulgence in this label will not have any negative results :-)... Bangn stuff!!!

Classic Asian Salads
Classic Asian Salads
by Lee Geok Boi

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 3 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Classic Asian Salads (Paperback)
Only thing I can say on this is that you would definitely need to be into your Asian food to be able to understand the recipes.. I've only browsed through and used as a reference, but if you do own and have cooked from Asian cookbooks, then you will definitely need this.
If you are just venturing into the world of Asian cuisine, it might just be a little to 'Asian?' for you...

Above & Beyond Presents Anjunabeats Vol. 7
Above & Beyond Presents Anjunabeats Vol. 7

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute cracker, 3 Jun. 2013
I suppose to be fair, with all that's going on in the dance world today, it is easy to see why this label is getting so much attention. It's fresh, it's different, it's got it's ups and downs but after listening to quite a few mixes I would agree with a lot of the other reviews that this is probably one of the best ones, but it is in keeping with the more traditional style of mix that we are all used to... i.e. it's got rhythm and direction. Anjunadeep 4 showcases to me just what these guys have been trying to achieve since they first started where the direction and rhythm of the mix is continuously shifted but still maintains its unique style. If your looking to buy any of these, this is top of the list but on a more serious note... CD 1, tracks 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11.... what a mix... highly recommended!!! nice one!!!

Invol2ver (standard version)
Invol2ver (standard version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Personal, 1 Jun. 2013
I first listened to this album on my MP3 player in my hotel room after a night out with a mate in Amsterdam of all places... unbelievable. Not to sure what to say about this CD except that it will most certainly have mixed opinions. A Masterpiece? I don't think so but Tracks 6 & 7 are definite focal points in this mix.

Anjunabeats Worldwide 04 Mixed By Maor Levi & Nitrous Oxide
Anjunabeats Worldwide 04 Mixed By Maor Levi & Nitrous Oxide

2.0 out of 5 stars Not to sure about this one, 28 May 2013
There are a lot of mixes on this label and I have bought quite a few so this is the only one I am going to criticise... this is not a good mix, buy something else.

Anjunadeep04
Anjunadeep04

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost there I think..., 28 May 2013
This review is from: Anjunadeep04 (Audio CD)
After a lot of releases from this label and after reading some fine reviews on here, I think that CD1 is a true representation of what these guys have been trying to achieve.... only problem is that it's taken them long enough... and I've had to buy a lot of mixes... ( although it has been an enjoyable journey ) but to put buyers in the picture - this is a really good one... these guys are funny. I must say i've been playing Disk 1 in the car a lot the past few days...tracks 6, 11 and 13 really hit the spot, good stuff.

Four Seasons
Four Seasons

5.0 out of 5 stars A new benchmark for me, 23 May 2013
This review is from: Four Seasons (Audio CD)
This is an effortless mix.... and an absolutely brilliant one at that... ( took me a while to get into it ), and whilst it may not say so on the cover, a mix that this DJ is well proud of, tks... after many years, that did hit the spot.
Oh, importing into iTunes, funny... think that was done on purpose.
Ger

Global Underground 16: Dave Seaman in Cape Town
Global Underground 16: Dave Seaman in Cape Town

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute essential..., 5 April 2013
For anyone out there looking to buy a Trance / Progressive CD, this is an absolute essential mix. Leaving aside all the technical bits, I can tell you that this mix is one of the finest Progressive Trance mixes ever made. I'm not saying that it's the best, but definitely one of the finest. A rare sound and I still can't decide which mix is best. Also recommended is his Renaissance Masters 2011 Oct release which would offer the listener an opportunity to understand that this GU mix is not old school, but rather how this artist has progressed through the years to where he is today. My perspective is that this Renaissance mix ( and there have been some disasters on this label ) is an 'absolute masterpiece' but taking into account that this DJ has had 10 years to take his skills to the level he possesses today I would still rate the GU mix as a better listen.
This short review is not to voice an opinion but intended to offer anyone looking for rare quality dance mixes some sound advise. Play this CD anytime of the day...

Skylanders Giants - Character Pack - Double Trouble (Wii/PS3/Xbox 360/3DS/Wii U)
Offered by Go2Games

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Character, 11 Mar. 2013
Good character, good moves ( special move puts a temporary little double trouble on screen ) keeps my 7 year old happy.. great deal.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6