Profile for G. Sexton > Reviews

Jazz in the House Vol.1
Jazz in the House Vol.1
Offered by Music-Club

5.0 out of 5 stars House music's heartbeat, 5 July 2013
This review is from: Jazz in the House Vol.1 (Audio CD)
Before reading this review, or any customer reviews for that matter please take the time to check the definition of 'Review' in the Oxford dictionary at the following link - [...]
It does not offer reference that the review or reviewer should be unbiased and to put that into perspective imagine what it would be like to read a review of a football match written by an avid opposer of the winning team. So, casting all that aside, it is my opinion that this genre of music is the very heartbeat and soul of house / dance music. It's the air it breathes, it's very being and without it, house music would fail to exist. A genre of music that has its routes set in the 40's, 50's, 60's, & 70's and spread amongst so many other genres can never date. This is what house music is all about and this CD introduces you to many aspects of Jazzy House from the jazzy, to the soulful to the deep house grooves that are reminiscent in many top DJ mixes. There are many CD's on this and other labels that explore these aspects in more depth but to be fair to this compilation, the producers got it bang on with a fantastic variety of tracks. This CD is unmixed and I like to play it in the car, on my headphones or at home whenever the mood takes me. If you like house music and do not have any of these cd's in your collection then I am afraid to tell you that you really are missing out on something. Rare cd's and hard to find but well worth tracking down ( heaven knows, I am missing a fair few myself ).

Global Underground 15: Darren Emerson In Uruguay
Global Underground 15: Darren Emerson In Uruguay

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favouritre DJ, 29 Jun 2013
I haven't listened to all of Emerson's releases, but I have owned this CD, GU 20 and GU36 for a few years and have also listened to a few of the Underwater label releases. These mixes have it all... house, funk, tech, progressive, tribal, soul and a lot of love, passion and skill. These cd's are not for the faint hearted and each mix is skilfully crafted to build up to a full on club mix. My favourite genre of music is jazzy house so it is a biased opinion when I say that Emerson is my favourite DJ as his style combines a lot of the elements that I love. I would listen to Disk 2 GU 20 Singapore at any time of the day ( one of my favourite releases ever ) but if you are looking for something to put on at a party, believe me... this mix will keep even the most demanding listeners entertained so long as you get the timing right. And when anyone asks 'What kind of music is this?'... the answer is simple.... It's Emerson!!!

In Search Of Sunrise 5
In Search Of Sunrise 5

3.0 out of 5 stars Not to sure about this one, 29 Jun 2013
This review is from: In Search Of Sunrise 5 (Audio CD)
Tiesto has put out some amazing mixes, In Search of Sunrise Ibiza is up there with my favourites, as is In Search of Sunrise 3, 2 , 1 and Nyana is a brilliant club dance floor mix. So, with so much to choose from and only so much money to buy them all and not forgetting space to store our precious CD's it's important to buy right. Everyone's different and a DJ of this stature has a lot of audiences to entertain but I do think that this is a bit of a mash of tracks and although they may be more designed to the full on club mix, after about 4 /5 tracks on both sides, the interest starts to wain. I try not to criticise many CD's or artists for that matter but this one isn't great...

Anjunabeats Volume Two
Anjunabeats Volume Two

5.0 out of 5 stars Banging mix!!, 29 Jun 2013
This review is from: Anjunabeats Volume Two (Audio CD)
Title says it all, no messing on this one, just a banging mix!!! Vocals are a plenty and a definite CD for any party.

Global Underground 22: Dave Seaman In Melbourne
Global Underground 22: Dave Seaman In Melbourne
Offered by EliteDigital UK

3.0 out of 5 stars How deep can you go?, 29 Jun 2013
Deep and dark with hint's of tribal beats, an experimental mix which may not be to everyone's taste. Some great tracks but very liquid and translucent, with a lot of moody shadows, it showcases what this DJ is capable of and is probably worth a listen.

ANJUNABEATS VOLUME 3
ANJUNABEATS VOLUME 3

5.0 out of 5 stars An Absolute must have CD, 29 Jun 2013
This review is from: ANJUNABEATS VOLUME 3 (Audio CD)
This mix has been sitting in my collection for a few years now and at the moment I would consider myself as over indulging in this label. House has taken a back seat, as has jazz, female vocals and many other dance genres. I would have always classed this as a good solid mix and decided to give it another listen to only today.
This actually is a much better CD than meets the eye ( or ears I suppose )... and I must admit, I didn't realise it when I first bought it. To put any one straight, if u like Trance, buy it... if you like Anjunabeats, buy it.... if you dabble in trance as I like to dabble in other genres, buy it. It's no Picasso, but definitely worthy of an Award. A lot of thought went into this mix and it's not often one like this comes along. I won't say anymore... 6 stars!!!

ANJUNABEATS WORLDWIDE 1
ANJUNABEATS WORLDWIDE 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes a while, 29 Jun 2013
This review is from: ANJUNABEATS WORLDWIDE 1 (Audio CD)
It seems to be fair that this label doesn't really need much in the way of reviews to help promotions but after listening to this mix a fair few years back and on many occasions since, it is only now that the novelty of Black is the Colour ( Disk 1, Track 1 ) is starting to wear off.... what a track, seriously... it's only now, 5 years later that I am starting to appreciate this mix because after Track 1, it all seemed to go downhill. A fine mix with some sweet sounds both new and old, and a superb collection of vocals this is well worth adding to any collection.

Global Underground 18: Nick Warren In Amsterdam
Global Underground 18: Nick Warren In Amsterdam
Offered by Big World UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!!, 24 Jun 2013
Deep & groovy ( love groove ), with lots of twisted base, Nick Warren has had a few mixes ( not a lot ) which didn't really hit the spot ( e.g. GU Brazil ) and this is definitely not one of them. A cracking mix that is bursting with originality this is Warren at his very best, a signature CD and a definitive benchmark in progressive dance music...

Beyond Euphoria: Mixed By Dt8 Project
Beyond Euphoria: Mixed By Dt8 Project
Offered by Springwood Media

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a matter of taste, 24 Jun 2013
A lot of mixed reviews on this one, I guess it's a matter of taste... The tracks on this CD... some of the best vocals you are ever likely to hear ( but I am a sucker for female vocals ). The mixing - slap, bam, there's the change, in your face....track after track after track, original and likely to be very hard to reproduce. ( I have yet to hear another CD mixed in this style ) The CD's, well Disk 2 is nowhere as good as Disk 1 but that's because Disk 1 is an absolute masterpiece...but you have got to like vocal trance... Top 10?? Top 5 I'd say....

Above & Beyond: Anjunadeep 01
Above & Beyond: Anjunadeep 01

5.0 out of 5 stars A time to reflect, 21 Jun 2013
I'm no DJ. I wouldn't know a blip from a beat but what I do know is that I used to love New Order, Simple Minds, Depeche Mode, etc. and one night I wondered into a club and heard 'Party Time' and the rest is history. But this isn't about me.. this is about this album and there are some cracking sounds on here... and yes... you should buy it, but I need to voice a biased opinion. I still love to listen to my Euphoria's, Oakenfold, Trance Nation, PVD and everything in between but it is only now that I have started to feel like I am listening to something dated when I put on these CD's...??? These guys have my head wrecked... stick this one in the car ( I have a Volvo S40, really good sound system... very detailed mid range ) and the acoustics are all over the place... put it on separates system and it sounds balanced, detailed and well... just sweet. Coincidence... I think not but what I do think is missing is some of the older sounds... Hope my over indulgence in this label will not have any negative results :-)... Bangn stuff!!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6