ARRAY(0x1173da38)

Deadwing
Deadwing
Price: 11.09

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, however..., 25 July 2005
This review is from: Deadwing (Audio CD)
This is a very good album, however my only slight critism is that some songs are pulled down as a result of the over-produced sounding metal sections. For example 'Arriving Somewhere But Not Here' is a very good song, but the heavy metal section towards the end of the song spoils it in my opinion. The metal section doesn't 'fit' the make-up of the rest of the song, and as a result sounds totally out of place.
Aside from my critisms you should buy this album, you'll like it!

100th Window
100th Window
Offered by Dirty Deals UK
Price: 7.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 21 Feb 2003
This review is from: 100th Window (Audio CD)
This is one of those albums that requires several listens before a realistic opinion can be formed. At first I didn't think it was as good as Mezzanine, which I loved. But, after several listens it's started to grow on me.
This album is dark, darker possibly than Mezzanine. It's an album for those moody moments and for the times when your mind wanders. It manages to remind me of past events in my life, those things being good and bad.
The stand out tracks for me are "Future Proof", "What Your Soul Sings", "Special Cases", and "A Prayer For England".
If you liked Mezzanine, buy this. If you haven't heard any Massive Attack, buy this. This album just needs a few listens.