Profile for Julie > Reviews

Content by Julie

Julie

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
1.8KW BLACK CURVED GLASS ELECTRIC WALL MOUNTED FIRE PLACE SLIMLINE PLASMA FAN HEATER
Offered by BPS Clearance

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a good experience from me, 14 Mar. 2015
Exactly one year old and one week and the fire isnt' working properly.

Started annoying buzzing sound about a month ago and now there is no difference in between the 2nd and 3rd setting. ie can't just put it on the low heat.

Wish I'd spent a bit more and got something more reliable.

Hasn't even been used lots. Still looks good with light on but, in terms of a means to heat your room economically, it isn't very efficient as only top speed on fan works now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent mould, 5 Dec. 2013
I used this mould for fondant and it worked well (using lots of icing sugar to prevent sticking).

Good detail and the product is quite sturdy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap product at a cheap price, 5 Dec. 2013
These shoes arrived promptly and the colour was exactly as expected.

However they are extremely small in size. My daughter is a regular size 5 and could barely get her feet in these. I think she would have needed a size 6 or even as 7 as they were very small.

There were some marks on the shoe which looked like glue.

All in all, for the price, a fair purchase but get at least one size up if you want them to fit.

90W Charger for Sony Vaio VPCEL VPCYB Series VPCEL2S1E/B VPCYB3V1E/S Laptop - Original Lavolta Notebook AC Adapter Power Supply Plug Cord - 19.5V 4.7A
Offered by Smart Parts UK, Digital Lifestyle Retailer

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product which arrived quickly., 5 Dec. 2013
Exactly as expected - a good replacement for my previous charger which had started to get quite warm when plugged in for a short time.

Good experience all round.

Silicone Mould Brick Icing Cake Cupcake Decoration
Silicone Mould Brick Icing Cake Cupcake Decoration
Offered by Cupcake Moulds

1.0 out of 5 stars Have asked for a refund., 1 Feb. 2013
The mould is not uniform in shape and, the small detail on the bits on the bottom (the little nodules) are uneven and not neat and round.

Also the material is not flexible at all making removal virtually impossible.

100 Large Single Clear Cupcake Pod Cake Muffin Cases
100 Large Single Clear Cupcake Pod Cake Muffin Cases
Offered by Universal Color

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product, 3 Nov. 2012
These are quite large and much bigger than the last batch I ordered - I would say they are suitable really for large muffin sized cakes. Little cupcakes would move about too much in them.

Excellent price and good quality product. If you need a slightly larger sized pod these are ideal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value purchase, 26 Sept. 2012
These socks are exactely as you would expect.

They are nylon but, socks of this type usually are. They are exactely the same as the ones I purchased for £8 locally and I only paid a fraction of the price. I got 4 pairs as my kids are forever misplacing them or leaving them at school.

I strongly endorse this product. Great socks at an unbelieveably cheap price!

Gear4 HouseParty 4 Evo Docking Station Speaker with UK/EU Mains Adapter Compatible with iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, iPod Nano 5th Gen and iPod Touch 4th Gen - Black
Offered by Fast Link

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 21 Mar. 2012
My item arrived super quick and I was delighted with the packaging and the look of the product itself.

I had bought it to sit in the kitchen and it looked fantastic. Lovely design and the sound quality was far superior to the Phillips docking station that I was replacing.

My iphone sat neatly on it with the case - just as the previous reviews had confirmed it would. Other than not being able to get the little control to work - everything was fine. I had expected that I would be prompted automatically to download the App when I first used the device, but I wasn't. It was easy to locate though on itunes but, despite downloading the correct version, the remote still wouldn't work.

I then went out and, on my return, parked the phone on the docking station and........... NOTHING. All the lights were on but the unit was totally unresponsive. All I got was a message on my phone saying that 'This accessory is not supported by iphone'.

Then commenced a series of emails with the Support Department for this product......If I was frustrated before this was nothing after dealing with the support staff there. Each email that I sent was returned with questions that I had already answered several times. It was clear that nobody was actually reading the text associated with the complaint. Stupid responses like turn it on and off (like I hadn't allready tried that!) Reset it (errm, yes that was mentioned in the 11th email) or press down the 'home' button for 10 seconds (when there isn't a 'home' button on the product OR in the User Manual. Beyond annoying as I am sure it is something so simple that is wrong or I haven't done correctly.

I think that, when it works, this item could be fantastic. When it doesn't I wouldn't even think about buying it unless you are technical enough to sort out any issues that may arise as the Support people are about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Another point to mention is that the radio isn't very good and the product seems to be affected a lot by some kind of interference. I tried it in different areas in the house and it didn't help. Loud buzzing through the speakers so it wouldn't be practical to leave it turned on over night as the noise would wake you up.

Am sorry I can't give this item a positive review as I loved the styling of it and, when working, the sound was good. Poor customer service though let it down for me. Saying that the Returns Policy offered by Amazon is good. No quibble - if it's faulty you just print off a pre-paid label and take it to the post office. Money is refunded to your account within a few days.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 2, 2014 3:18 PM BST

Universal AC/DC MAINS POWER ADAPTOR 300MA 3/4.5/6/7.5/9/12 VOLT
Universal AC/DC MAINS POWER ADAPTOR 300MA 3/4.5/6/7.5/9/12 VOLT
Offered by The M Store

3.0 out of 5 stars noisy!, 25 Jan. 2012
This works and the additional adapters are very useful - specially as I didn't know which size I needed. The product is cheaply made but is extremely cheap to buy so would say you get what you pay for.

My only gripe is that, when turned on, this buzzes. I mean really buzzes - you can hear it over the TV. I can only really use it when I'm not in the same room as it annoys me but feel uncomfortable leaving it turned on when I go out.

I will upgrade but, if you want a good cheap fix (and don't mind the noise) it is a reasonable buy.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 20, 2013 9:50 PM GMT

I Can Make You Thin - Love Food, Lose Weight: New Full Colour Edition (includes free DVD and CD)
by Paul McKenna

5.0 out of 5 stars Time will tell...., 15 Jan. 2012
Well I have received my book (and DVD/CD) and clearly can't write a proper review so early in the day but am intending on keeping a blog to track my progress while following this programme.

URL for the blog is:

<...>

Would be great if someone else pops along and joins in with me. Otherwise I will just ramble away to myself :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3