Profile for Mr. Frank Greenslade > Reviews

Content by Mr. Frank Gree...

Mr. Frank Greenslade "Fatman" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
iZKA®Basics - HDMI to MICRO HDMI 1.8M Cable - 24K Gold Connectors - ideal For Connecting HD Devices using the new Micro HDMI connector To Camcorder, Tablets, Mobile Phones to PC or HD TV 1080p Full HD - Type D to Type A - 1.4V Supports Ethernet / 3D / Audio Return (Life Time Warranty)
Offered by iBox Ltd

Daddy-Long-Legs
Daddy-Long-Legs

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating, 20 Dec 2013
This review is from: Daddy-Long-Legs (Kindle Edition)
I saw the film in the 50s, starring Fred Astair and Leslie Caron but the book is much better. How they managed to film the story I can't imagine, consisting as it almost entirely of letters to Daddy-Long-Legs. Wholly captivating and witty: I could not put it down.

Officium
Officium

5.0 out of 5 stars An inspiration, 10 July 2013
This review is from: Officium (Audio CD)
I bought this CD as a birthday present and had the opportunity of hearing it recently. I wish someone would buy me one!

Verdi: Messa Da Requiem - Sony Classical Masters
Verdi: Messa Da Requiem - Sony Classical Masters
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 10 July 2013
I had a recording of the Verdi Requiem some years ago with the same forces. This remastering is excellent. Last Sunday. I took part in singing this work in the Royal Albert Hall and the disk was really useful. I have no hesitation in recommending this recording to anyone

Mozart - Le Nozze Di Figaro (Bohm) [DVD] [2005]
Mozart - Le Nozze Di Figaro (Bohm) [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Hermann Prey

5.0 out of 5 stars Supberb!, 22 April 2013
I began my quest for the definitive Le Nozze by hearing Maria Ewing sing Voi che sapete on Youtube when I compared her Cherubino with many other soprano's - to her advantage! I decided to buy the DVD and was not disaoppointed All the cast are supberb as is the recording, conducting and production. I lent it to someone who was in her heyday an experienced amateur soprano and she was equally impressed. Bravissimo!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 11, 2014 12:07 PM BST

Thursdays in the Park
Thursdays in the Park

4.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to comment, 9 Feb 2013
This novel was bought for my wife who has not finished reading it yet so it is difficult to comment.

Tefal Jamie Oliver Hard Enamel Frying Pan - Non Stick - 26 cm
Tefal Jamie Oliver Hard Enamel Frying Pan - Non Stick - 26 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, solid frying pan, 9 Feb 2013
This is a replacement for a frying pan which has lost its non-stick property. I have not had it long enough to try out its lasting non-stick claim but have every reason to believe it will live up to expectations.

10 Inch Protective Soft Sleeve Pouch Case for Android Tablet PC Laptop - Black
10 Inch Protective Soft Sleeve Pouch Case for Android Tablet PC Laptop - Black
Offered by Mestall (Ship from HongKong)

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 9 Feb 2013
I already have a case with keyboard but wanted a compact pouch to carry my tablet around when I have minimal typing requirements. This does the job at a reasonable price.

Essential Delius: 150th Anniversary
Essential Delius: 150th Anniversary

5.0 out of 5 stars Neglected composer, 9 Feb 2013
I recently watched a TV programme about Delius and realised how little I knew of his music. This record has a very good selection of his orchestral music and is well recorded.

UKDapper - Mains Charger For The New 2011 Amazon Kindle Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display (works on all amazon kindle models)
Offered by iBox Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for another Kindle user, 6 Feb 2013
This mains charger was bought for someone else but so far as I know it does the job very well

Page: 1 | 2 | 3