Profile for _alters-not > Reviews

Content by _alters-not

_alters-not (New York, NY United States)

Enchanted Glass
Enchanted Glass
by Diana Wynne Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars DWJ is one of the very best children's writers. So sad that Enchanted Glass is her last book., 5 July 2012
This review is from: Enchanted Glass (Hardcover)
As those readers in the know will say, before JK Rowling, there was Diana Wynne Jones. I've only discovered DWJ a few years ago and has since gobbled up all her books. I love both authors but in terms of richness of imagination and a writing which conveys a wonderful sense of the obscure (for isn't magic about hidden things?), DWJ wins hands down in my opinion.

Enchanted Glass had me glued to the very end. It's a wonderful blend of action, humor, mystery and 'fresh' kind of magic.

EG is up there with the Chrestommanci series- among my favorites.

It's a shame that her works have not been marketed so well in the U.S. Everyone I've recommended DWJ to loves her. But I must add that those friends tend to be Anglophiles which perhaps eases them more readily into her stories.

I ordered this from the UK because at that time US release was many months away and I was impatient. Ordering from Amazon UK to US is always a breeze and most items arrive within a week.