Profile for Mr. Grahame Elford > Reviews

Content by Mr. Grahame Elford

Mr. Grahame Elford (Leatherhead, Surrey, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Cressi Swim Kids Cobra Swimming Goggles - Blue
Cressi Swim Kids Cobra Swimming Goggles - Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product but a bit big for my 4 year old, 15 Jun 2014
There's no doubt these goggles are a quality product, they come in an excellent hard plastic case to keep them safe and secure when not in use.

The strap is very easy to adjust and stretchy enough to pull it onto my daughters head without it getting stuck in and then pulling on her hair.

The only criticism is that the mask itself requires attention once they are in position as there is a small gap between the mask and the bridge of my daughters nose, we can overcome this by moving the mask itself but being a 4 year old she's always pulling the goggles off then putting them back on during her lessons so doesn't always manage to get the seal again.

I would recommend them, they're a very good product but if you are considering them for a small child just bear in mind they may be a little on the large side.

Yousave Accessories Tough Mesh Combo Silicone Cover Case for Sony Xperia Z - Black/Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case - Excellent Value for Money, 6 Mar 2014
After reading reviews of this case on Amazon I still decided to go for it despite the obvious flaw in that the USB cover (for charging) was obscured. I thought that removing it to charge would not be a big deal really.

So I was more than impressed to find upon receipt that there is now a cut out in the silicone inner case for the charging port/cover now so the manufacturer have obviously modified the design.

The case fits the phone very well and I am sure it will protect it if I ever have the misfortune of dropping it.

An added bonus was the free screen protector. You rally cannot find fault for the price and the extras.

A great case, looks really cool - very pleased with my purchase.

Great seller to, came next day well in advance of the estimated delivery date.

SoundMAGIC PL11 Earphones - Blue
SoundMAGIC PL11 Earphones - Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Quite What Was Expected - But still Good, 24 Jan 2014
I had hoped for a deeper bass on these.

I purchased them after my Sony headphones died on me I may be be being too harsh on the bass as they do reproduce a good bass but if I compare them to my Sony's they come no where near to producing the same levels of bass.

The headphones are well made and do have good sound re-production through the Mid/High/Low sound ranges.

They are worth the money and probably as good as other makes for twice the outlay.

I'd recommend them, they too a bit of getting used to but I do like them and the sound isolating on them is very good indeed.

iGadgitz Black EVA Travel Hard Case Cover Sleeve for Sony Xperia Z & Z2 Tablet & Acer Iconia Tab A500 A501 A200 10.1"
Offered by iGadgitz

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality / Value for Money, 24 Jan 2014
I purchased based mainly on the other reviews.

I was looking for a pouch case rather than one of those holder type cases.

This is very sturdy and well made and for the price an absolute bargain, the zips are of high quality and I would feel confident the case would afford maximum protection if I were to ever drop it.

I'd highly recommend, it fits my Xperia tablet perfectly.

If You Wait (Deluxe Edition)
If You Wait (Deluxe Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Album, 22 Oct 2013
This album was advertised on TV and I overheard one of the songs and thought I have to get that.

I would describe it as a mix of Sade / Goldfrapp style yet still very unique.

The female vocalist has a beautiful voice really powerful yet delivered in a gentle manner with a very haunting style.

I haven't found a track I don't like and it went from downloaded to my iTunes library to my iPod into my car and it's been my selection of choice since.

I appreciate this style of music won't be to everyones liking but for me I think it's a truly amazing album and I'm very pleased I overheard that TV ad otherwise I'd have never got to experience it.

Draper 28723 Bicycle Tool Kit
Draper 28723 Bicycle Tool Kit

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little kit, 28 Aug 2013
This review is from: Draper Bicycle Tool Kit (Sports)
Just received this today, it's excellent, I'll be hooking it up to the bike later.

Only downside for me personally is that the bag won't accommodate my spare inner tube which I like to carry about for speedy repairs.

I'll have another crack at getting it in there later.

It's a good kit though, the pump looks sturdy and the repair kit and tool look to be up to the job.

I bought this really to give me assurance that if I do get a puncture while out and about ( I tend to go out a long way from home) I will at least have the ability to get back up and running.

All I have done is replace the tool with one I already owned that has a more comprehensive set of features including the chain link tool.

The ExecutionerTM Fly Swat Wasp Bug Mosquito Swatter Zapper
The ExecutionerTM Fly Swat Wasp Bug Mosquito Swatter Zapper

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Quite What I expected But Good Overall, 28 Aug 2013
Took delivery of this yesterday (27th August) based on the user reviews I had high expectations and immediately went hunting for something to zap.

Found a fly buzzing about in the kitchen, took aim and fired, was mightily impressed by the cracking noise and spark as I hit it but not so impressed to see the fly continue about it's business in the kitchen. I hit the thing 4 times each time with the satisfying crackling noise and sparks and it was only on the fourth hit that it succumbed and went down.

I had hoped for a more effective kill rate.

That said we seem to have a problem with Hornets at the moment and last night as I went into the bathroom there was a whopper buzzing about in there, once I'd plucked up enough courage to go in armed with the executioner, I wasn't quite brave enough to tackle it when in flight but as it landed on the tiles I pinned it to the wall and pressed the power button, massive cracking noise, sparks and one quivering, twitching hornet sitting in the bath, not dead but certainly stunned out of action.

It was because we've been plagued with hornets this year that I bought this, if it can continue to take out wasps and hornets then I'm happy, flies will be more of a chase but in then end it will get them.

XLC Set of 4 V-Brake Pads
XLC Set of 4 V-Brake Pads
Offered by E-BikesDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 23 July 2013
This review is from: XLC Set of 4 V-Brake Pads (Misc.)
Fitted these a few weeks ago as my old pads were worn and slightly glazed.

They made an instant difference and provide much better braking.

They inspire confidence that you can stop safely and quickly when the need arises.

Ok you pay more for them that you may do for more conventional pads but I think that the extra cost is worth it as they are so much better than anything I've used before.

Wet braking remains to be tested as since fitting them we have had the dry spell, I expect them to still perform well in wet conditions if a little less responsive on initial application of the brakes.

I'd certainly recommend them.

Toy Story Buzz Lightyear Small Age 3-4
Toy Story Buzz Lightyear Small Age 3-4
Offered by Fancy Dress Discount Store

5.0 out of 5 stars To Infinity and Beyond, 23 July 2013
Bought this for my 3 year old who loves Buzz Lightyear.

Getting her to take it off however is not easy, she'd live in it if she could.

It's well made and easy to get on.

It's withstood the day to day abuse a 3 year old can throw at it but being white will attract and show up dirt easily.

Genuine Nokia 6111 7360 7370 Original Battery BL4-B
Genuine Nokia 6111 7360 7370 Original Battery BL4-B
Offered by Prime Communications

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 23 July 2013
I bought this to replace the battery in my mum's phone.

It's been great, performs well and holds a charge for a long time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6