ARRAY(0xac47d510)

Profile for Keith M. Roberts > Reviews

Content by Keith M. Roberts

Keith M. Roberts "Keith" (Portsmouth, Hampshire United Kingdom)

Everything I know about teaching
Everything I know about teaching
by Mr Michael Gove
Price: 4.54

5.0 out of 5 stars All you need to know, 14 Nov 2013
This fine volume contains all that you need to know to start your own Free School apart from the fact that you have to get a very short application form from the Department of Education. Indeed, several Free School head teachers know nothing beyond what is contained in this volume and some are reputed to know less. It summarises precisely, and clearly the qualities and experise required. Otherwise it also throws doubt upon the idea that Mr Gove is a swivel eyed loon. Such people would have mangled their knowledge and regurgitated foolish and stupid concepts and slogans, while this volume is entirely devoid of such content. The value of this work is such that it, and the content,should be kept available for reference and in emergency recycling in the smallest room associated with most staff rooms.

Roberts DAB / FM Digital Solar Radio - White
Roberts DAB / FM Digital Solar Radio - White
Price: 63.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Time to move to Barbados, 8 Jun 2012
The radio has the typical Roberts build quality, but on DAB drains the supplied Nimh batteries very quickly indeed. I spoke to the Roberts helpline, as I could see no evidence of charging on a south facing windowsill, and was told that it will charge well on a beach in Barbados, but don't hope for much in the UK.

That is really disappointing as I had hoped that a south facing window would provide enough top up to keep the radio going in the bathroom for the short periods of time that I spend there.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 29, 2012 3:58 PM GMT

La Cafetiere Teafusion, 1L
La Cafetiere Teafusion, 1L

4.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 26 Oct 2011
This device has resurrected my enthusiasm for leaf tea. It just does the job. My only concern is that I fear it might prove fragile as the glass is quite thin.

The Reluctant Tommy - Ronald Skirth's Extraordinary Memoir of the First World War
by Jon Snow

1.0 out of 5 stars Embarrassing errors, 13 Mar 2011
It's regrettable to say the least, that the so many of the items that can be checked all turn out to be fiction.

I don't suppose we will ever know whether Ronald Skirth was deliberately malicious, or had simply confused himself so much that he produced so many inaccurate and misleading statements as if they were facts.

The shame is that readers who are not aware of the extent of the failings in this book might take it seriously.

Gelert Upright Pole - 3'9" - 7ft
Gelert Upright Pole - 3'9" - 7ft

1.0 out of 5 stars confused, 31 Jan 2011
If Amazon left the title visible, I would know what it was. and could explain my interest! Ah it might have been a spare tent pole, maybe.

La Cafetiere Thermique Cafetiere, 3 Cup
La Cafetiere Thermique Cafetiere, 3 Cup
Price: 21.14

5.0 out of 5 stars What it says on the tin, 17 July 2010
I do like this cafetiere. It feels solid, makes good coffee, and its appearance makes me think of the coffee pots and hot water jugs of my childhood memories. It is not cheap, but it is an excellent product, and I will eventually buy the larger version as well. It is not suitable for cleaning in a dishwasher, but that is no big deal.

Manningham: Character and Diversity in a Bradford Suburb (Informed Conservation)
by Simon Taylor
Price: 8.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Bradford Images, 9 July 2010
This is an excellent volume. The text is interesting, but for me the best part is the photography of a part of my home town where as a student on a summer job I emptied dustbins for a couple of months. There are some fascinating images; and most Bradfordians will find something new to them. The DVD is also well worth watching, presenting some perspectives on a multicultural city.