Profile for Wolfman > Reviews

Content by Wolfman

Wolfman

Page: 1 | 2
Sky+HD Remote Control sealed in Official Sky Branded Retail Packaging, including Duracell Batteries and Manual - SKY120

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
Awesome worked exactly like the old one and took 2 minutes to set up!

Men's Black Biker's Wallet Kabana with 45 Cm Long Metal Chain to Hang
Men's Black Biker's Wallet Kabana with 45 Cm Long Metal Chain to Hang
Offered by First Leather Wallets Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Wallet, 7 July 2014
I ordered this wallet after its predecessor started to rip where the chain was attached.

So far I am very impressed with the wallet it seem to be of decent construction and is actually quite slim considering the amount of space in it.

The only reason this didn't get 5 stars is that the chain is so small it would look more at home attached to a chihuahua than a wallet.

Storm Front (The Dresden Files Book 1)
Storm Front (The Dresden Files Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic it can get a guy hooked, 11 Mar 2014
I got a lend of a copy of this book years ago and 2 chapters in and I could not put it down. (Purchased on Kindle to reread the entire series before the next in the series is released)

I have since read the entire series (to date) and I have to say that it is one of the greatest series of book I have ever read.

This book is well written, action packed, fast paced, funny and gives you a colourful blend of characters that you just cant help but fall in love with.

I will not talk about the story or give you run down of the series (read the synopsis). I will just make the point that if you loved Anita Blake before it became a little too close to fifty shades of grey then pick up the Dresden Files: Storm Front and you will not be disappointed!

One last piece of advice.

Don't pick up the Dresden Files if you are nearing exam time as you will not be able to put them down long enough to study

Lovetshirts ~ Evolution Of Poker ~ Fish To Shark Mens Funny T-Shirt - Black, Large
Offered by Lovetshirts

4.0 out of 5 stars Grand T-shirt, 3 Jan 2014
I bought this for my dad as a joke Christmas gift and I was pleasantly surprised when I opened it as the t-shirt was of a higher quality than I expected.

Even better when he opened it on Christmas day only the poker players in the room got the joke which provided a little extra entertainment trying to explain the gag to non-poker aficionados.

All in all not a bad t-shirt, decent quality of material, the print stands out great (black t-shirt white print) and all for under £15.

CAT Footwear Men's Colorado Dark Beige Boots 708190 9 UK, 43 EU
CAT Footwear Men's Colorado Dark Beige Boots 708190 9 UK, 43 EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pair of Boots, 3 Jan 2014
I am always a little nervous about purchasing footwear on-line but then I thought "surely you cant go wrong with a pair of Cat boots"...

As it turns out this thought was perfectly valid and the boots arrived very promptly (one day ahead of estimated delivery date), are in perfect brand new condition and were an exact fit.

The only thing I would say is that the actual boots are a little darker than the ones pictured (not as issue for me as I put a protector spray on them and made them darker still).

In short a great pair of boots at a price you couldn't walk away from!

Poker T-shirt I've Got The Nuts I'm All In-black-large
Poker T-shirt I've Got The Nuts I'm All In-black-large
Offered by Trenz Shirt Company INC

5.0 out of 5 stars The Nuts, 13 Dec 2013
I bought this t-shirt as a gag gift for a pre-christmas poker game I have with my friends each year.

The first player that calls all in and wins the hand gets the t-shirt....

However I am now just thinking of keeping the t-shirt myself.

The t-shirt arrived promptly as expected and was well packaged. Once open you could tell that the quality of the t-shirt was very good and the printed picture is excellent, I was not expecting it to look as good as it did in the picture but it surpassed my expectations by a fairly large margin!

Now the only issue is will I give it away or keep it for myself.

Tough choice!

Every Hand Revealed
Every Hand Revealed

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Insight into the Great Dane, 24 Sep 2013
First and foremost I have to say that this review is for the Kindle version of this book. With that out of the way I can now that this book is a must read for any No Limit Poker player.

The book provides insight into every hand that Gus played in the 2007 Aussie Millions tournament (Hands folded before any money went in the pot are not included).

The information supplied for each hand is well written and even funny on some occasions, Gus provides great detail on who he is playing why he played the hand as he did and if he believes that he played the hand well or not. It is a seriously fascinating look at a player who has a reputation for being extremely loose and fool hardy when in reality he thinks "nearly" (one hand stands out where he forgot the suit of his hole cards) every hand through in meticulous detail.

I have gave this book 5 stars because I found it to be an awesome read and a very interesting insight to a single player in a massive high stakes multi-table tournament... However the kindle version of this book doesn't always display the tables or diagrams in a very readable manor and I would seriously recommend that any potential purchasers buy a hard copy of this book and not the kindle version.

I have since purchased the hard copy of this book as well and the kindle version and the book is far superior!

In Summary

Rating for the book - 5 stars (and I would give it more if I could).

Rating for the Kindle version of the book - 3 stars (at best due to display issues)

Casdon 492 Delonghi Toy Microwave
Casdon 492 Delonghi Toy Microwave

4.0 out of 5 stars Ding... Dinner is Ready, 30 Aug 2013
I purchased this toy microwave for my niece on her second birthday and it was an absolute hit. She absolutely loved it and spent most of the remainder of the day "cooking" and serving everyone plastic foodstuffs and then shouting at them for not finishing!

I cannot state enough how much my niece loved this toy... However there were a few that could have been a little easier for the adults in the room when it was opened.

First and foremost the microwave was "well packaged" and by well packaged I mean near impossible to get out of the box. We ended up resorting to a pair of scissors, a small kitchen knife and completely destroying the box before we could get our hands on the toy.

Second was the battery compartment which required an incredibly small star head screwdriver to open (we used one from a glasses repair kit). Now I understand that you don't want young children getting at the batteries or you don't want them to fly out when the toy is dropped but a normal sized star head screw would have worked just as well as the incredibly small ones.

To sum up: Absolutely awesome for the kids, a little difficult for the adults but well worth it.

Blackjack Card Cut, 10 Pack
Blackjack Card Cut, 10 Pack
Offered by ClubKing Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars A Cut above the rest, 30 Aug 2013
This is the third set of "Cut Cards" I have purchased (also the cheapest) and they are by far the best.

They are large enough to cover the cards but not so large that they stick out to make dealing difficult.

The only small gripe I have wit this product is that the cut card (bar the green) are all slightly transparent. However since I use these when playing poker to cover the bottom card I don't see this as an issue because all of the cards distort the image enough that you are unable to tell exactly which card it is covering at a glance (you can make out the difference between red and black but not the exact suits especially through the white and yellow cards).

Still even saying that they are the best cut cards I have ever purchased and at under a fiver who can really complain

Hunted (Iron Druid Chronicles)
Hunted (Iron Druid Chronicles)
by Kevin Hearne

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the best but heading in that direction, 14 Aug 2013
I am quite a fan of the Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne and was really looking forward to this book being released. I have to say I was not disappointed. Whilst it was not as good as the first 3 in the series it is a drastic improvement on book 4 (Tricked) and has climbed slightly higher than book 5 (Trapped)

This book kicks off exactly where Trapped ends and launches into a fast paced and exciting story with our two favourite Druids and their trusty hound being chased across Europe. I will not delve into the story (no spoilers here).

The only real gripe I have is that there was no real need to give us a few chapters from Granuaile's point of view get back to Atticus and continue on with the story!!!!

Only other thing I would say is that as always Oberon steals the show with his witty banter and slick movie references that often gave laugh out loud moments which earned me some funny looks when reading in public

Page: 1 | 2