Profile for Jon Clayton > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Prime Instant Video
Prime Instant Video

1.0 out of 5 stars A pretty poor effort from Amazon, 13 April 2015
This review is from: Prime Instant Video (App)
As far as apps go this is pretty bad. First you have to install Amazon Appstore to even use it, then when you launch the Instant Video app it opens the webpage in Chrome. Finding content using my Nexus tablet is not great in comparison to other apps such as Youtube, Sky Go, PLEX etc. I've paid for Prime already and I'm faced yet more with content I have to pay for? Just make it easier to browse what I can watch.

The video playback itself seems to work OK.

GoPro Chest Mount Harness for HERO Cameras
GoPro Chest Mount Harness for HERO Cameras

4.0 out of 5 stars IMO one of the better GoPro accessories., 20 Sept. 2013
I've found it to be tough, adjustable and pretty comfy to wear. From a filming point of view it's good because it can give you a sense of perspective by including some foreground elements such as handlebars on a bike that to me is better than the disconnected floating view you can end up with from helmet or handlebar mounts.

Filter Removal Wrench for 62mm - 77mm Camera Filters. Handy Remover Tool to fit all 62mm, 67mm, 72mm & 77mm lens filters.
Offered by Jack the Hat Photographic

5.0 out of 5 stars Despite only being a cheap bit of plastic it has worked remarkably well for me., 20 Sept. 2013
It looks and feels flimsy but it has worked very well for me so far. It has saved the day several times when I've been unable to remove a 77mm Hoya CPL from a 10-22 and 17-55 Canon lenses by hand.

I've never used it on a smaller diameter filter.

JJC replacement Canon EW-83E Lens Hood for CANON EF 16-35mm f/2.8L USM, EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM, EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM
Offered by eFonto

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 20 Sept. 2013
Fits well on my Canon 10-22mm EFS, with no gaps or rattles. Seems solidly built too. About a fifth the price of the proper Canon one too.

Lemix (LPE6) Travel Charger for Specific CANON EOS Models for UK, Europe, USA & Car

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 17 Aug. 2013
It feels a bit cheap but has proved reliable over the past months, the included extra adaptors for car and both UK and European plugs are excellent too.
The only addition that would be nice would be a little cloth drawstring bag to keep everything together!

Extendable Hand Held Telescopic Monopod Wand Rod For All Digital Camera And Camcorders 20-97cm - Black
Offered by Alpha-Accessories

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very good., 17 Aug. 2013
Not up to the weight of my GoPro 3 and the adjustable head is poor quality and design, the screw does not tighten well and the plastic is mushy. Ergonomically the tube/grip is very thin and does not fit the hand well, that's a matter of personal taste though whereas the previous points are fact.

Think Tank SD Pixel Pocket Rocket
Think Tank SD Pixel Pocket Rocket
Offered by HarrisonCameras

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple but good., 17 Aug. 2013
Not much to comment on here the quality is good and it works as described. My only quibble is why does every single ThinkTank product need to waste space/materials by including somewhere to put business cards?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 28, 2015 2:28 PM GMT

Think Tank Cable Management 30 V2.0 Organizer Case
Think Tank Cable Management 30 V2.0 Organizer Case
Offered by HarrisonCameras

4.0 out of 5 stars I really like this, the only fault as I see it is that it does not open out fully, 17 Aug. 2013
...meaning you have to remove everything from the case to get to stuff at the bottom. It would be better if the clear bit opened 180 degrees and then it would not need unpacking every time.

GoPro Handlebar Seatpost Mount
GoPro Handlebar Seatpost Mount
Offered by elevenfirst

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, 23 April 2013
It does what it's supposed to and has proved robust enough during handlebar mounted mountain biking for the past 2 months. It could be better but I'm not sure why there are so many bad reviews, maybe lack of QC at GoPro?

Yes there is a certain amount of flex but I would expect that, I'd rather have the mount bend/break than the camera case or even my handlebar!

It could definitely be improved though, the fasteners are hard to grip enough to tighten properly and I often end up using a screwdriver for the final tighten.
The overall design could be improved by incorporating a pivot, because of the design currently the camera can only be mounted facing along the tube it's attached to or at a right angle to it.

It's expensive for what it is, but I'm not sure the alternatives are any better overall.

Visionaer ® EW-83J lens hood for EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM lenses
Visionaer ® EW-83J lens hood for EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM lenses

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality cheap alternative to the original, 22 April 2013
I've nothing to compare it to as I've never used a genuine Canon lens hood and at about 4 times the price I'm never likely to!
This seems a good quality cheap alternative to the original. It fits snugly and feels quite solid, I'd hope the Canon one would feel a bit better in every way but I don't know.
I also got the one for the EF 100m f2.8 macro and it was just as good.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3