Profile for Richard Scott > Reviews

Content by Richard Scott

Richard Scott

Page: 1 | 2
10X 20W Cool White Waterproof SMD Floodlight Security Lamp Light LED Flood Light Outdoor Lamp
Offered by Oshide Technology and Trade Limited®

5.0 out of 5 stars these are great little lights that are really well built and with ..., 9 May 2016
As part of an amateur dramatics group we have a large storage shed which for many a year has been dimly lit by a single strip light which the entire cast live in fear of hitting and breaking. I ordered a set of 10 of these LED floodlights to ensure that we have enough light to see all around the inside of the shed. It turns out I vastly underestimated the power of these little things! Don't let the price fool you, these are great little lights that are really well built and with a powerful output. If I had any complaint at all it would be that they were a little stingy with the flex length but that's no big deal.

ONKYO 5.1 Channel Home Cinema Receiver/Speaker
ONKYO 5.1 Channel Home Cinema Receiver/Speaker

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic starter kit, 4 April 2016
I decided to add a surround sound system to my son's bedroom so that he can take advantage of the DTS-HD soundtracks on the content he watches from our Media Server. I chose the Onkyo kit because I have an Onkyo TX-NR809 Receiver and I have never had a problem with it so this seemed like a great kit to start him off with.

When I opened the box there were 3 polystyrene inserts, one containing the Amp, one containing the sub woofer and one has the speakers. In the kit you get colour coded cables of a reasonably decent length to hook up the speakers but depending on the size of your room you may want to get longer cable for the rear speakers.

Being familiar with the interface for Onkyo equipment I found the amp very easy to set up and using my iPhone with a sound meter app I balanced the sound output between the speakers. My son's bedroom is about 3m by 3.5m and this amp provides plenty of power to fill that space without having to dial the volume up too high.

For the price I just can't get over how feature rich this amp is. I am happy and my son is happy, my neighbours maybe not so much :)

Mini-Box picoPSU-80 80 watt Output 12 volt Input DC-DC Power Supply
Mini-Box picoPSU-80 80 watt Output 12 volt Input DC-DC Power Supply
Offered by Mp3Car Store EU

5.0 out of 5 stars I would definitely recommend these to anyone in the same boat as I ..., 28 Mar. 2016
I own 3 Popcorn Hour C200 media streamers and the only complaint I have with them is that the internal power supply is incredibly prone to overheating and failing. Having repaired the internal power supplies on each unit several times I got fed up and decided to replace them with a picoPSU. The installation was incredibly straight forwards and was done in under 5 minutes. The Media streamers are now up and running again and I am confidant that they will stay running. I would definitely recommend these to anyone in the same boat as I was.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 7, 2016 2:19 PM BST

Matricom G-Box Q² Android TV Streaming Media Mini PC [2GB/16GB/4K] Quad/Octo Core With Phantom Keyboard remote
Offered by DroidStream-UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Bitterly Disappointed, 11 Feb. 2016
I bought this streamer with a view to replacing my old popcorn hour c200 streamers. All of my media is 1080p quality BluRay rips stored on a Synology NAS, the NAS is connected to a 1Gb/s network so there are no bottlenecks anywhere. With the popcorn hour systems I can stream to all 3 popcorn hour c200s and to 3 ipads without any loss of quality. I installed one of these G-Boxes and as soon as the film started playing the audio began to break up and then the video froze. I am not one to give up easily and am very technically minded so know how to look for configuration issues. I tried every suggestion I could find online but nothing would stop the audio breaking up.

It is a shame that this would not perform as needed because I really liked the interface and the ease of use.

SureFlap DualScan Microchip Cat Flap, White
SureFlap DualScan Microchip Cat Flap, White

1.0 out of 5 stars Bitterly disappointed, 26 Nov. 2015
I had such high hopes for this product and was let down so badly by it. We were fed up of one of our neighbour's cats invading our house and decided that this would be a great way to resolve the problem but oh how wrong we were.

The device itself was incredibly easy to install as it went in exactly the same space as our existing cat flap. We set it up and introduced the cats to it registering each of their microchips as per the instructions. We thought all was well until we woke up the next morning to find a very embarrassed cat who had had to relieve herself on the front door mat because she couldn't get out. We checked and the flap was not always reading her chip it was very hit and miss, mostly miss.

Not to be deterred and giving sureflap the benefit of the doubt, we thought that the problem might be chip related so we ordered a set of the SureFlap RFID tags so that there would be no issue picking those up. We registered the tags and put them on the cat's collars, the following morning we had the same problem. I sat and tested the Sureflap RFID tags using a soft toy as a test and out of 25 attempts the flap opened twice, I did some more testing and found that on the exit scan there was an area beneath the top surface where the battery compartment is of about one inch deep by three inches wide where the tag would be detected, any lower and it was not recognised at all, so unless the tags were glued to the top of the cat's head there would be no way they would be picked up, especially not dangling from a collar.

Another epic failure that we found was that if your cat is white as one of our three is then this product simply will NOT work, the flap has 2 optical sensors that detect if a cat is at the flap that then engage the scan, if the scan was running all the time the batteries would last all of 5 minutes, when a white cat enters a white plastic flap the sensors simply can't see that there is a cat there and you have one rather disappointed cat on your hands because no matter what it tries the flap won't recognise it.

After several nights of my cats having to suffer undignified accidents I have been left with no option but to put the original flap back and return this to Amazon as unfit for purpose. Amazon as always have been great about handling the return so 5 stars to Amazon, 0 stars to SureFlap... There may be many people out there who have great success with this device, sadly we are not among them.

**VALUE PACK** Vitax Slug Gone 2 x 10L **ORGANIC SLUG CONTROL** SAVE ON POSTAGE
**VALUE PACK** Vitax Slug Gone 2 x 10L **ORGANIC SLUG CONTROL** SAVE ON POSTAGE
Offered by deals-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tub!!, 18 May 2015
We have a massive slug population in our garden and I don't just mean the quantity, these are big beasts. We don't like poisoning the slugs as we have hedgehogs breeding in the garden and poisoned slugs would not be good for the hedgehogs. That said, something had to be done, we were losing plants faster than we could plant them, and not just nibbled on I mean utterly annihilated.

My mum told me about Slug Gone and I thought I may as well give it a go. I surrounded all the vulnerable plants in the garden with the pellets as per the instructions and the pesky slugs haven't been able to get near them, we now have some lovely plants and flowers growing in the garden that are nibble free and the hedgehogs get to eat without getting poisoned.

I really would recommend this product to any gardener. While the initial outlay may seem expensive this stuff lasts and lasts once it is put down. It does have quite an agricultural aroma for a while after you have first put it down but after it has been rained on a few times that dies down.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Best money you'll ever spend!!, 16 Mar. 2015
I recently bought my wife a Doxy Massage wand and I thought it was the best toy ever, I was wrong!!! Add these attachments and it becomes the best toy in the world. In the words of my wife "you'd have to be dead not to achieve multiple orgasm with these!!"

Headset Earphone Hands-free Cable Mic Volume Control Cord Wire Lead Line for Bose QuietComfort QC15 QC 15 Headphones
Offered by Junsi Electronicsuk

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper than the Bose one and a fraction of the price., 16 Mar. 2015
Brilliant cable, absolutely no different to the original Bose one. I use this every day for conference calls and I can't find anything wrong with it at all.

Garden Trading Hedgehog House - Wooden
Garden Trading Hedgehog House - Wooden
Offered by BuzzBase

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 5 Mar. 2015
I have many hideaways and refuges for the different animals in my garden, I hope the hedgehogs like their new home. The product itself seems well built and comes fully assembled, all you have to do is decide where to put it!

Replacement Earpad ear pad Cushions For Bose QuietComfort 15 QC15 Headphone With IT IS Logo Headphone Cable Cord Clip
Offered by IT IS

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the Bose ones, 5 Mar. 2015
Great item, I can't tell these apart from the originals. They took all of about 5 minutes to fit including removing the old ones.

Page: 1 | 2