Profile for Kermit > Reviews

Content by Kermit

Kermit

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars JBL SB400 : Great Sound Bar, 27 April 2013
I took the plunge on this JBL SB400 sound bar after researching the internet for reviews, although not many around. My original plan was to save up for the Yamaha YSP4300 which sells for around £1200. However, I am really glad that I didn't and brought this JBL SB400 as I couldn't wait due to the sound from my new TV speakers being flat and tinny.

The JBL was a complete doddle to set up, took me less than 10 minutes to have it up and running, it really is plug & play. The sound bar and wireless subwoofer paired with each other straight away without any problems. The sound bar looks great with my 55" new Samsung TV and the wireless subwoofer also looks smart.

We watched the' Amazing Spiderman' movie and the sound from the JBL was fantastic. The subwoofer packing in deep impactful bass and the sound bar, in its surround sound mode, really filled my large room which made watching the movie such an enjoyable experience for the whole family.

Ok this JBL isn't in the same league as the Yamaha YSP4300, as it will not give you 7.1 surround sound, but then the Yamaha costs over £1200. The JBL offers a super room filling sound and range of great features including 3 HDMI, Bluetooth technology to stream music from smartphones which also sound great, and adjustable volume, frequency and output phase on subwoofer etc to name a few.

My only minor complaint is to do with the remote control, which is small and a bit flimsy, although it does its job. Otherwise this is a great sound bar for the price and miles better then the LG, Panasonic and Samsung sound bars I have listened to in the shops. You will not be disappointed.

17th May 2013 Update :-

I mentioned in my earlier feedback above that there were not many expert reviews, so just to update that 'What Hi-Fi' has just reviewed this excellent JBL soundbar and awarded it 5 out of 5 stars, stating the positives as :-

Classy design
Three HDMI inputs
Bluetooth connectivity
Open, spacious sound
Taut bass
Good dynamics

Read their review on - http://www.whathifi.com/search/apachesolr_search/jbl%20sb400

Hope you find my feedback useful.