Profile for Rome is Home > Reviews

Content by Rome is Home

Rome is Home (Rome, Italy)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Petmate Le Bistro Portion Control Feeder, Medium, 5 lb
Petmate Le Bistro Portion Control Feeder, Medium, 5 lb
Offered by Toy and Gift Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the cost, 7 Mar. 2015
Resolved all the problems of leaving our cat for a few days. It works well, but it's a bit fussy with setting the dosage.

Long Life Lamp Company GU10 5 Watt Super Bright LED with New Chip Technology, Warm White 50w replacements

4.0 out of 5 stars VERY satisfied, 7 Mar. 2015
Great light! 4/5 stars because they are a bit cold to be defined "warm", but still a perfect replacement to those energy hungry halogen bulbs.

Love Lessons: Selected Poems of Alda Merini (Facing Pages)
Love Lessons: Selected Poems of Alda Merini (Facing Pages)
by Alda Merini

4.0 out of 5 stars A real pleasure, 7 Mar. 2015
Alda Merini is one of the best Italian poets of the XX century. Do not hesitate to read her works. Lovely translation.

The Art of the Start 2.0: The Time-Tested, Battle-Hardened Guide for Anyone Starting Anything
by Guy Kawasaki

5.0 out of 5 stars A great, practical tool for reaching your goals. Read it NOW!, 7 Mar. 2015
OK, I might be a bit biased. I have followed Guy Kawasaki since 1990. I have read nearly everything he has written, I never met him, but I consider Kawasaki one of the brightest minds around and a "must know" person in the field. I read the first edition of The Art of Start when it came out ten years ago, I immediately bought copies to a few self-employed friends and they were all as excited and grateful as I was.
I teach a course on "Performance Skills and Perspectives" at the university, and from the very beginning I have included this book as one of the required readings.

Is version 2.0 worth the same reaction? Yes, no doubt about it. If you are even just dreaming about starting something new, you MUST read this book. You MUST do the small assignments and MUST answer those questions for yourself. You GOT to reach for your dreams, and this is a great tool to do just that.

Would I recommend this book to somebody who already had read the first edition? Yes, absolutely, yes. Everything has been totally updated and revised. It is almost like reading a complete new book, with totally new examples, topics and solutions. The advices about social networking alone are a perfect reason to buy it. Not to mention how useful it has been for me to read it "again" to find some more ideas to develop my work.

To conclude: did I get new copies for my friends? No, they have already bought it!

Age of Darkness: Book 1
Age of Darkness: Book 1

5.0 out of 5 stars really enjoyed it, 22 Dec. 2014
This was a great book, I really enjoyed and I can't wait to read the sequel! I also really hope it comes out on paperback

Three By Rambert [DVD] [1986] [2002]
Three By Rambert [DVD] [1986] [2002]
Dvd ~ Rambert Dance Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Nov. 2014
Rambert doing some of their best work. Great filming. Lovely!

The Arts and Higher Education (Programme of Study into the Future of Higher Education)
by Ken Robinson

5.0 out of 5 stars but always Sir Ken Robinson at his best., 3 Nov. 2014
A bit dated, but always Sir Ken Robinson at his best.

John Coltrane: A Love Supreme: Tenor Sax (Artist Transcriptions)
John Coltrane: A Love Supreme: Tenor Sax (Artist Transcriptions)
by J Coltrane

5.0 out of 5 stars do I really need to say more? I would ..., 3 Nov. 2014
do I really need to say more? I would have given 10 stars.

A wish? Another edition in concert key.

Herbie Hancock: Possibilities
Herbie Hancock: Possibilities

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a great book: engaging, 3 Nov. 2014
Just a great book: engaging, inspiring and entertaining writing from one of the greatest artists of our times. a MUST READ!

Sofias Closet Halloween Fancy Dress Fangs Teeth Natural Colour Putty Vampire Wolf Caps Dracula Pointed
Offered by SofiasCloset

1.0 out of 5 stars A waste of money, 3 Nov. 2014
they just don't work. The glue is not going to stick to your teeth. A waste of money.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3