Profile for C. Davis > Reviews

Content by C. Davis

C. Davis "king_fan" (Lincolnshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Namibia (Footprint Travel Guides)
Namibia (Footprint Travel Guides)
by Lizzie Williams

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful travel companion, 24 Nov 2008
We found this book very helpful on our travels through Namibia. Our friends who live there had arranged our accommodation so we did not need it for that side of things, but it was useful when we arrived in a town as to what was available to see/look out for and some of the history and interesting facts about the place and also the maps so we could find our way round.. The only thing lacking really was photos.

Shadows at Sunset
Shadows at Sunset
by Anne Stuart
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 27 May 2008
This is the first book I have read by this author and I have to say I don't think I will be reading any more. Although the main story line was quite good with a few twists and turns, what the hell was the ghost story line doing in there, the story from the past could have been told in a much better way without the use of ghosts.

Shock Value
Shock Value
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 3.76

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 17 Mar 2008
This review is from: Shock Value (Audio CD)
I decided to buy this album on the strength of Appoligise, Give It To Me and The Way I are, hoping the rest would be along the same lines. Unfortunately they were not. Very much Ghetto music with some shocking lyrics, maybe I am just getting old!

Other People: A Mystery Story
Other People: A Mystery Story
by Martin Amis

4.0 out of 5 stars What?, 4 Jun 2006
This is the frist of his book that I have read and although it was very different to the type of book I normally read, I found myself throughly enjoyig it, and carried on that way until the last pages. It seemed to end very ubruptly and I was left not realy knowing what had happened.

Cafe Mambo-Real Sound of Ibiza
Cafe Mambo-Real Sound of Ibiza
Offered by playanywhere
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Disc 1 makes up for what disc 2 lacks, 4 Jun 2006
I love the chill out mix, can listen to it over and over again. A really nice mixture of tracks that relly chill you out. The club mix starts off great but after the first few tracks they all start sounding the same (they all have a similar beat) which I found quite monotonous. The only reason I have given this disk 5 stars is because of the chill out mix.

Scarlet Feather
Scarlet Feather
by Maeve Binchy

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 1 Mar 2006
This review is from: Scarlet Feather (Paperback)
It hs been a long time since I have read a Binchy book and I am not sure why. I had forgetten how much I really enjoy her style of writting. The characters seem so real and the story keeps you hooked. I think I am going to have to go and read the rest now!

Dave Allen: On Life [DVD]
Dave Allen: On Life [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dave Allen
Offered by jamb1be *** All orders sent by first class post within 24 hours ***
Price: 39.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 22 April 2005
This review is from: Dave Allen: On Life [DVD] (DVD)
I remember growing up with Dave Allen comedy, and was not dissapointed to find that he is just as I remember on this DVD. The only thing that dissapoints me is that there is not more of his work on DVD!!! His outlook on life is great and had me laughing from beginning to end.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 21, 2008 7:13 PM BST

Fuji FinePix A340 Digital Camera  [4MP , 3 x Optical]
Fuji FinePix A340 Digital Camera [4MP , 3 x Optical]

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 19 Mar 2005
What can I say, lightweight, easy to use, takes excellent good quality pictures.

The Day of the Triffids (Essential Penguin)
The Day of the Triffids (Essential Penguin)
by John Wyndham

4.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 28 Sep 2004
I remember being scared of the TV triffids as a kid, and made my mum and dad watch Swallows and Amazons on the other side. Having grown up and being a big fan of horror books, I picked this up without reading the back, thinking I had an idea what I was in for. I was really suprised that the main story of the book is not really about the triffids at all, but about finding that on waking one day the world has changed and not for the good. It deals with all the emotions as you read through. Although not a horror in the true sence of the word, still a fantastic read that gave me a few restfull nights thinking about the what ifs. I would recommend this book to everyone.

Father Unknown
Father Unknown
by Lesley Pearse

3.0 out of 5 stars Good light read, 6 Sep 2004
This review is from: Father Unknown (Paperback)
I have read several books by Lesley Pearse and although they are well written and hold my attention, I am beginning to find them a bit predictable as they all run along similar themes. However Father Unknown, as with any of her books, makes a good light read if you do not fancy anything to heavy going.

Page: 1 | 2