Profile for John > Reviews

Content by John

John (Wigan, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Ellie Quin Episode 2: The World According to Ellie Quin (The Ellie Quin Series)
Ellie Quin Episode 2: The World According to Ellie Quin (The Ellie Quin Series)

2.0 out of 5 stars Rip Off, 6 April 2013
Short book sold by the chapter so should not be sold as a book.

Have bought all 3 volumes, each around 100 printed pages. Poor value, average read, can understand why its an e-book as it not worth printing.

Ellie Quin Episode 3: Beneath the Neon Sky (The Ellie Quin Series)
Ellie Quin Episode 3: Beneath the Neon Sky (The Ellie Quin Series)

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a rip-off., 6 April 2013
£2 for a book you would think is not bad. Had this been in print then Ellie Quinn Books 1-2-3 would have been a single book.

The characters are average and not much happens and when it does you then have to buy the next book. Any book should have a start, middle and end. The publisher has decided to dispense with tradition and drip feed you chapters.

Quite frankly I feel cheated. The books are at best a below average but I no longer care about the series and will be deeply suspicious when purchasing future e-books.

The Many-Coloured Land: Book One in the Saga of the Exiles
The Many-Coloured Land: Book One in the Saga of the Exiles

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book great series., 6 April 2013
I bought this book over 20 years ago and have read a number of times and seems to get better with age. I have now added this to my kindle collection. I can't comment on the quality of transfer book-2-cloud conversions can have quality issues.

As a story the characters are very good and you will see them evolve over a number of books.

SimCity - Limited Edition (PC DVD)
SimCity - Limited Edition (PC DVD)
Offered by Unique_Item_Bazaar

1.0 out of 5 stars What game?, 8 Mar 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This is the last time I will purchase a game that requires a perma internet connection and such restrictive DRM protection. I am not interested in multi-player dialog / sharing etc. I just want to build a city or two. So far I have done a tutorial or sorts but I think the server dropped connection and I have no idea when I will be allowed back in. To be honest I am not sure I can be bothered.

The DRM will mean that taking the game abroad when I am away on business will be pointless due to the potential high cost of WiFi in many places.

What happens when EA decide to close the servers? End of game?

I feel that EA have failed in many ways and if this is the future of PC gaming then the future is rather bleak.

I would love to tell you the game is great but sadly EA wont let me play.

Update Saturday 9th March.

I can confirm I have now accessed game. I have played maybe 3 hours in the last 8. Sever is unavailable again. Lost my cities I think but it could be a lag issue. Had I been fully aware that the game is played in the cloud with data stored in the cloud and no off line play was available then I would not have bought the game. I would give this game zero stars if I could.

I have managed to connet to several available servers but they lie. They are unable to connect or fail after 10mins.

Found my cities they are stored on the specific server. If the server is full you cant access your cities them from another server.

Mens Leather Belt - Smart / Casual Jeans Belt With Double Chrome Buckle # 5056 - Black, Large
Offered by Oakgrain Leather

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 8 Mar 2013
Some nice belts at a great value price. Found similar ones on my local market for twice the price. These arrived in a few days.

Haribo Gold Bears Tubs
Haribo Gold Bears Tubs
Offered by Chocolate Buttons

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 8 Mar 2013
This review is from: Haribo Gold Bears Tubs (Grocery)
There are the best version. The UK "golden bears" are softer and jelly like but this are the best type harder and better flavours. Arrived in just a few days.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars I just love em., 8 Mar 2013
Once you start on these you can't stop. Good value, and they arrived in just a few days. I have to leave them in another room.

Official Release Series Discs 1-4
Official Release Series Discs 1-4

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value., 8 Mar 2013
A nice collection of some great music and great value. Neil Young is so gifted and I am pleased to report I will get to see him in Liverpool in August.

Ellie Quin Episode 1: The Legend of Ellie Quin (The Ellie Quin Series)
Ellie Quin Episode 1: The Legend of Ellie Quin (The Ellie Quin Series)

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a rip off., 8 Mar 2013
The books are "cheap" but when you only get a third of a book it does not seem so cheap after all.

Intervention: Book One in the Galactic Milieu series
Intervention: Book One in the Galactic Milieu series

5.0 out of 5 stars Damn fine book., 8 Mar 2013
I first read this many years ago and then had to read the rest of the books. A mix of sci-fi and fantasy with great characters.

Page: 1 | 2