Profile for Philip Griffiths > Reviews

Content by Philip Griffiths

Philip Griffiths "BookWurm" (Mordor)

Assassins Creed II: Game of The Year - Classics Edition (Xbox 360)
Assassins Creed II: Game of The Year - Classics Edition (Xbox 360)
Offered by GAMES CONSOLES BARGAIN
Price: 12.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Game: 5 Stars - Ubisoft: 0., 29 Aug 2014
I started playing this on PC but Ubisoft was such a pain when I had to reinstall it that I gave up. So it's a shame that I can't comment on the actual gameplay as I didn't get very far before my laptop crashed (no fault of the game), but what I did play was magnificent. It's also a good introduction to Italian language :-)
Will be glad to buy the Xbox version now so I can happily carry on from where I left off. Given it 5 stars for the amount I DID play. My 'Ubisoft' experience could have lowered it a little but that would be detracting from the actual gameplay.

Revlon Intimate Eau de Toilette 108ml Spray
Revlon Intimate Eau de Toilette 108ml Spray

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT by REVLON!, 8 July 2013
This smells horrible and is not what was originally made by Revlon; their name does not even appear on the box as the manufacturer, simply because this item is NOT made by Revlon. Will NEVER use this supplier again.; Total waste of money.

Don Quixote
Don Quixote
Price: 0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Not mine!!, 26 Mar 2013
This review is from: Don Quixote (Kindle Edition)
Only chose this rating as it's the least I could give; it not's that I hate it, it's just that I DID NOT ORDER THIS ITEM!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 3, 2014 1:43 PM BST

Microsoft SQL Server 2008 All-in-one Desk Reference For Dummies
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 All-in-one Desk Reference For Dummies
by Robert D. Schneider
Price: 14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I found it!, 2 Oct 2012
I have been using MS Access for a number of years for various databases and decided it's time to try something, how shall I say...a little...heavier? Decided to download SQL Server; after looking at it for a few minutes I thought "Ouch, maybe not, and immediately uninstalled it, then the other day I discovered this book in my local library and thought I'd try it again. I'm so glad I did, this is absolutely excellent for someone who wants or needs to learn this heavy duty program. Am now flying though the book and designing the databases I need at the rate of knots. I will be buying this book very soon and if you need a tutor for SQL Server I suggest you do too. I can't fault it. Congratulations to Mr.Schneider and Mr Gibson for a job well done and excellent value.

Kodak ESP-3 All-in-One Printer, Copier and Scanner
Kodak ESP-3 All-in-One Printer, Copier and Scanner

1.0 out of 5 stars Steer clear!!, 18 Sep 2011
Not being one of the richest persons on the planet, I fell for all the c**p about saving ink. Don't believe them; in the long run it's no cheaper than anything else as it consumes ink everytime you turn the damn thing on!! Also, to cut a very long story short, I just needed to print a few A4 pages of text (in Black only) the text colour was set to black and the printer set to black only. It wouldn't print because it said the colour cartridge was low. Trying to explain this to Kodak was like getting blood from a stone. Since then I've had a load more reasons to contact them but thought better of it, knowing i'd only get more techno-babble thrown at me.

I've given it one star because it's the minimum I could give, else it would be -100. Avoid it like the plague!!

Philips GoGear Vibe 8GB MP3 and Video Player with 1.5 Inch LCD and Internet Video Download Including YouTube (Black)

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't even think about it!, 8 Jun 2011
Buying this heap of crap is one of the biggest mistakes you can make. Player itself is ok but the software is total rubbish. Buy an iPod instead, I wish I had!

Philips GoGear MP4 player SA2VBE08K/02 ViBE 8GB - Dark Grey
Philips GoGear MP4 player SA2VBE08K/02 ViBE 8GB - Dark Grey

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS THING..., 28 Feb 2011
Totally diabolical!! Avoid it like the plague! I have to keep updating this review as everytime I try updating the music on the Vibe, something goes wrong, usually related to the crap Songbird software. Just get an iPod, or ANYTHING but this. It only gets 1 star cos' that's the least I'm allowed to give it; it should be -100!!
Sorry Philips, but when it won't even recognise a Beatles album cover you just KNOW that something ain't right. I'll be glad when the battery breaks down so I can throw the damn thing in the bin!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 13, 2012 2:13 PM GMT

Wolf Hall
Wolf Hall
by Hilary Mantel
Price: 3.86

1.0 out of 5 stars Man Booker winner? Don't make me laugh!, 17 Nov 2010
This review is from: Wolf Hall (Paperback)
Not surprised to see so many people mention that this is a hard slog. Virtually impossible to follow; so many characters called 'he' that you haven't really got a clue who 'he' relates to, the punctuation is so bad (non-existent)that you haven't a clue who's actually speaking. How this ever won the 'Man Booker' I'll never know, I gave-up after 50-odd pages. To keep a long review short - my advice? Don't bother!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 23, 2011 11:07 PM BST