Profile for Anni P > Reviews

Content by Anni P

Anni P "A reader" (CHESHIRE United Kingdom)

VonShef Automatic Electric Slow Cooker 3.5L Litres Stainless Steel - Removable Oval Oven to Table Dish with Toughened Glass Lid
Offered by Designer Habitat

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the future! Loving my slow cooker., 18 Nov 2014
It's the future ! Loving my slow cooker.

Party Games
Party Games
by Jo Carnegie

5.0 out of 5 stars Just loved it! For those who say its not part ..., 18 Nov 2014
This review is from: Party Games (Paperback)
Just loved it !
For those who say its not part of the Churchminster series, they're wrong. A different village maybe, but there is still a thread with characters from the previous books. Brilliant Jo Carnegie - yet again.

The Truth About Melody Browne
The Truth About Melody Browne
by Lisa Jewell

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great read, 2 April 2013
Brilliant book with a great story. Lisa Jewell at her best. Took the book on holiday and it was the perfect holiday read.

The Beginner's Goodbye
The Beginner's Goodbye
by Anne Tyler

2.0 out of 5 stars Weak and overhyped., 2 April 2013
This review is from: The Beginner's Goodbye (Paperback)
I bought this book on the basis of the many recommendations in the press etc. However the book reminded me of one I may have studied at school, pre O level. A most disappointing read, with no depth to the story, and uninspiring characters.

Too Beautiful To Dance
Too Beautiful To Dance
by Diana Appleyard

5.0 out of 5 stars Very perceptive - an excellent read., 23 Jan 2008
This review is from: Too Beautiful To Dance (Paperback)
I picked up this book in the book shop as I loved the front cover, and then the synopsis on the back seemed most apt to my personal situation.
I can only say I thought this book was truly wonderful, and the author seems to have considerable insight on the break-up of a supposedly long and "happy" marriage. I could relate very much with the main character, and the book has given me as much guidance as any "self-help" book could.
I now hope to read many more of Diana Appleyard's books.