Profile for JMA > Reviews

Content by JMA

JMA

Page: 1 | 2
Mortal Kombat - Game of The Year Edition (PS3)
Mortal Kombat - Game of The Year Edition (PS3)
Offered by Game Dealz

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 July 2014
Mortal Kombat as return in big style.

Punisher Max: From First To Last TPB (Graphic Novel Pb)
Punisher Max: From First To Last TPB (Graphic Novel Pb)
by John Severin

4.0 out of 5 stars Three great stories from a great writer., 21 July 2014
Three great stories from a great writer. This is an important book if you like the Punisher MAX run. I would say that the first two stories are the most important ones and they bring something to the character of Frank Castle. The 3rd one I think is the most forgettable, it is cool to read, but it's not up there with the other two.
They should've put Punisher BORN instead of The End tale.

Overall, I still recomended this reading to Punisher fans and newcomers as well.

Punisher Max by Jason Aaron Omnibus
Punisher Max by Jason Aaron Omnibus
by Jason Aaron

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recomended., 21 July 2014
It's such a shame that people in movie business don't have the courage to do a movie just like this comic...
This really worked for me, I was very surprised with Jason's writing, and I don't share the opinion of some of the reviewers here when they say that Garth Ennis take on Punisher is much superior. I think that Jason did an even work. The dialogue is so brutal, and the character development... FENOMENAL! You can really see the strength and weakness of each character.
The origin of Kingpin is very well done, the introduction of Bullseye....'common are you going to tell me that you prefer Colin's Farrell take on !? You can really feel the evilness and the craziness of the villains here. This is the world that I think that Punisher fits. I don't like the other versions of Marvel with him, the more... superhero stuff. This is the real thing, and please get away from the movies of the Punisher, they don't make justice to this...

If you are a newcomer into the Punisher world I would say you can start here, there's nothing wrong for you to start here, but I would recomend a first reading on ''Punisher Year One'' (by Dan Abnett ) and ''Born'' (by Garth Ennis).

Highly Recomended.

Machinist [Blu-ray] [2004] [US Import]
Machinist [Blu-ray] [2004] [US Import]
Dvd ~ Michael Ironside
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Blu-Ray Description, 17 Feb. 2014
This is one of the greatest movies made, and I it gets better and better each time I revisited. The extras are not exceptional but then again there not bad, better then nothing. If you want to know movie trivia listen to the audio commentary by director. I thought it was satisfying enough.

*Pessoal tuga, na discrição diz legendas em PORTUGUÊS mas são PT-BR. Mesmo assim acho-as boas, e eu sou bastante picuinhas com as traduções, mas estas até que não estão más.

WARNING: Subtitles in Brazilian Portuguese.

We 3 Deluxe Edition HC
We 3 Deluxe Edition HC
by Grant Morrison

4.0 out of 5 stars A brief review., 6 Sept. 2013
This review is from: We 3 Deluxe Edition HC (Hardcover)
First of all I think that this is a very overestimated comic, now I give it a 4 star rating because I enjoy reading it but to be honest the champion prize goes to Frank Quitely's art, I do think that is far superior from the story itself even though they booth end up to together very well. The story is to short, I like to spent more time with the characters and see their development, but this is a really short story, you get the ideia and it works, yes, but for my taste it should have more pages...

Final thoughts; of course I would recommend, either a Morrison fan or just a comic fan, although I have to say again that Quitely's art is so great and innovative that for this reason only it's worth buying it.

Red TP New Edition
Red TP New Edition
by Cully Hamner

2.0 out of 5 stars A very poor comic..., 14 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Red TP New Edition (Paperback)
Fan of Mr. Ellis, yes I am, but this? Come on! This is an unfished comic, there's no point whatsoever at the end of everything he builds up to. Extremely disappointed.

Scene of the Crime HC
Scene of the Crime HC
by Ed Brubaker

5.0 out of 5 stars No wonder it was out of print for a while., 10 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Scene of the Crime HC (Hardcover)
Great noir modern story. Great dialogues, great art. If you like noir and crime novels this is not only for comic book fans but also for other readers. I can't recomend this enough. Buy it now.

Slow Storm
Slow Storm
by Danica Novgorodoff

2.0 out of 5 stars I didn't get it..., 10 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Slow Storm (Paperback)
Yhe...I didn't get this one... so...there's not that much that I can say about this. It didn't give me any pleasurable reading anyway.

Nemesis
Nemesis
by Mark Millar

5.0 out of 5 stars The son of Batman and Joker = Nemesis, 10 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Nemesis (Paperback)
Why read NEMESIS: Because Millar is the best comic writer at the moment capabel of writing about good and evil without judgement. Since 'WANTED' that is approach on such theme has been has been highly explored an very well written.

Why 5 stars?: I've read some people complaining about how short the story is, but in my opinion the message is so well delivered that adding more to it would just turn into something else. This is just fine by me, 112 pages is more then enough to give you the big picture.

This is... Eli Roth's HOSTEL meets Nolan's The Dark Knight... that's all I can say...

Superior
Superior
by Salisbury

5.0 out of 5 stars Millar is superior!, 10 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Superior (Paperback)
Buy this comic.
This is a great comic because it's the greatest homage to Superman and super-heroes in general.
5 star because it is so enjoyable to read this...

Highly recommended.