Profile for jussi winter > Reviews

The Inbetweeners - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Simon Bird
Offered by rsdvd

4.0 out of 5 stars very, very funny, 7 Nov. 2011
I purchased this DVD not knowing much about the inbetweeners. I was a little worried that it might be just all out gross comedy, but had heard a lot of people talk about it so thought I would give it a try.

Ok, it does contain some gross out comedy, I won't lie to you, but it is a very well written show. The characters are all very well acted and written for and you really feel for these four as they try to make their way into adulthood with mostly disasterous results.

I've now seen all three series of the show and would rate this one as the best. I wouldn't recommend watching it with your parents but even for someone of my age (40+) I found myself laughing a lot.

1001 Natural Wonders: You Must See Before You Die
1001 Natural Wonders: You Must See Before You Die
by Michael Bright

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect gift, 7 Nov. 2011
I would recommend this book to anyone trying to find a gift for that difficult person.

Its well laid out, well written and full of great photos.

Its perfect as a Christmas present and i guarantee the book will be flicked through by a number of guests on the day.

The Hangover (Extended Cut) [Blu-ray] (2009) [Region Free]
The Hangover (Extended Cut) [Blu-ray] (2009) [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Zach Galifianakis
Offered by UclickWeDeliver

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointing, 4 Nov. 2011
After hearing about how this was the most succesful adult comedy ever in the US I was really looking forward to seeing this. I also thought the trailer looked great.

I can see now though why the trailer looked so good, all of the best jokes were crammed into it. Don't get me wrong, I don't think this is a bad film, I was just expecting something a little better.

No complaints about the main cast, they were all good - but the Mike Tyson scenes, they just come across as really stiff and Tyson can't even act when he's playing himself.

It was ok, but I've sold it since on e-bay!

Peep Show - Series 1 [DVD] [2003]
Peep Show - Series 1 [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ David Mitchell
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very impressed, 4 Nov. 2011
I missed this whilst the show was on Channel 4 but thought i would catch up with it on DVD. I really like David Mitchell on Would I Lie To You and other shows I have seen him on. I just didn't really find this series particulary funny. I chuckled occasionally and would have a laugh out loud moment once per episode, so not many laughs for your money.

The whole series was too dark for me, but I'm sure it will appeal to plenty of other people.

Duracell USB Memory Stick - 16 GB
Duracell USB Memory Stick - 16 GB
Offered by PC Supplies Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, 4 Nov. 2011
Ok, I know its daft and at the end of the day this is just a memory stick, but...it does look good.

One to use as a poser when you are transferring files onto a mates pc or ps3 etc.

Mr Bean: Series 1, Volume 1 (Digitally Remastered 20th Anniversary Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rowan Atkinson

4.0 out of 5 stars still funny after all these years, 3 Nov. 2011
I hadn't watched a Mr Bean episode for at least 10 years, so wasn't sure what I would make of it on watching it again.

I was pleasantly surprised about how funny I still found it. It was particulary enjoyable to watch with my 5 year old son who finds the whole thing hilarious - especially the episode when Mr Bean goes to the dentist (he has watched this episode at least 10 times since we purchased the dvd).

Would recommend.

Tuff-Luv Napa Leather Case for Sony Walkman NWZS540 Colour BLACK
Tuff-Luv Napa Leather Case for Sony Walkman NWZS540 Colour BLACK

4.0 out of 5 stars looks very smart, 3 Nov. 2011
This is a perfect cover for your Sony MP3 player. Fits perfectly and does look more expensive than it actually it.

I didn't really get on with the spindle for winding your headphones cable around though and took that off pretty quickly as I found it quite annoying in a pocket as it would stick out quite a bit.

The rest of the case is very smart though.

National Treasure [DVD] [2004]
National Treasure [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Nicolas Cage
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than you might expect, 3 Nov. 2011
I know a lot of people put this down as simply a Da Vinci Code rip off when it first came out. I would say its a far more enjoyable film than that one was though.

It doesn't take itself too seriously and is a good popcorn film with enjoyable performances from Cage and Bean.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value - but ugly, 2 Nov. 2011
The blackberry cover does the job nicely. Easy to fit and protects the phone very well.

Its very shiny though and does look quite cheap when its on. The blackberry without the cover looks far more attractive, so I would recommend getting a better looking one.

Coneheads
Coneheads
Offered by cdworld-ireland

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great!, 2 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Coneheads (Audio CD)
I only purchased this album for the KD Lang cover of No More Tears as I couldn't download it as a single. The rest of the album is instantly forgettable and I wouldn't recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2