Profile for Fraser the Frank Fish > Reviews

Content by Fraser the Fra...

Fraser the Frank Fish "paul m" (Benfleet)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Vax P86-P4-T Pressure Washer
Vax P86-P4-T Pressure Washer

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a nice, versatile pressure washer that comes with a variety ..., 20 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a nice, versatile pressure washer that comes with a variety of accessories to tackle most tasks.

It's quite easy to put together and set up for use then a away you go. You have a brush to do you patio, a nozzle for you car (and another nozzle clearly marked not for your car, and another brush.

You can really get quite a bit of pressure out of this kit so you can get stubborn stains off of your paving, and the the long hose makes it easy to move around without dragging the unit with you.

My only criticism is that the winding mechanism for the hose is a bit fiddly and doesn't feel as sturdy as the rest of the washer. Sill, minor points really and I would deduct a star for that.

Vax Air Pet Eco Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Vax Air Pet Eco Upright Vacuum Cleaner

3.0 out of 5 stars Good strong suction on the carpet but not really suited ..., 11 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A bit of a mixed bag. Good strong suction on the carpet but not really suited for wooden floors.

I found that as the wheels were hard plastic it tended to slide a bit and it was quite hard to control. The cleaner was lightweight but also a bit plasticy and didn't shout "quality build".

The power cord was also a bit short meaning I had to keep unplugging and moving to another socket.

Overall, brill for carpets but if you have wood then look for a better all-rounder.

Oral-B Pro 600 CrossAction Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun
Oral-B Pro 600 CrossAction Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun

5.0 out of 5 stars but despite that you do get a good clean. If you are looking for a value ..., 31 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have an Oral B 6000 which is the Rolls Royce of toothbrush, but thought I would give this one a go as well. The 600 is a lot cheaper and as a result you do get less - it only has one speed, but despite that you do get a good clean.

If you are looking for a value for money electric toothbrush at the lower end of the price range then I would recommend this one.

Waterman Blue Obsession Hemisphere Ballpoint Pen with Gift Box
Waterman Blue Obsession Hemisphere Ballpoint Pen with Gift Box

5.0 out of 5 stars The pen really looks good, a lovely shade of blue and is presented ..., 24 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've used Waterman Hemisphere fountain pens for a few years now and thought I'd try out the ball point.

The pen really looks good, a lovely shade of blue and is presented in a matching blue Waterman case. The pen itself is well balanced, sturdy but not too heavy.

The point is deployed and retracted by a twist mechanism and writes very smoothly with blue ink. This really is an excellent pen sutiable for everyday use or even as a gift. Good value at under £40 for a quality pen.

Ultrasport Bahamas Adults' Snorkelling Set blue dark blue Size:36-39
Ultrasport Bahamas Adults' Snorkelling Set blue dark blue Size:36-39

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor design, 24 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Until recently I hadn't seen strappy flippers since the 1970s but they seem to be experiencing a revival so I thought I'd give them a go on holiday. I wish I hadn't bothered.

The strap is held on purely by the pressure created by the elastic strap against your ankle. It's a real pain to get them on without the straps falling off. Indeed, before I actually got to use them I thought I had lost one of the straps only to find it had come off in the bag. Then putting them on was difficult as they kept coming away from the fin.

When I finally got them secure I braved the water. The flippers seemed fine when just lazily snorkelling on the surface, however, as soon as I tried to dive down and needed to exert a bit of pressure both straps came undone, and one came off completely and started to sink.

As I tried to swim after it before it sank without trace I discovered the problem with the mask. It has two separate eyepieces and the dividing membrane exerts not insignificant pressure on the bridge of the nose. I had only got to a depth of about 10 feet when it felt like the mask was crushing my head.

The snorkel was okay although the flexible tubing is more difficult to clear that the rigid type.

Overall, its a nice looking set but practically it's useless. You can by a better mask a snorkel in any Europe seaside shop for a £10 and you'll lose the flippers on your first go anyway.

Look elsewhere.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 26, 2014 4:12 PM BST

Russell Hobbs 20365 Aura Juicer - White
Russell Hobbs 20365 Aura Juicer - White

4.0 out of 5 stars Good looking and sturdy juicer by Russell Hobbs, 24 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Good looking and sturdy juicer by Russell Hobbs. The wide tube and dual speed action means it has coped well with what I have thrown at it so far.

On the downside it is a bit of a palaver to clean, like many other juicers, although the idea previously mentioned about lining the waste jug with a bag sound good to me.

BRITA Fill&Go Water Filter Bottle Incl. 4 Filter Discs - Green
BRITA Fill&Go Water Filter Bottle Incl. 4 Filter Discs - Green

3.0 out of 5 stars The fill & go bottle certainly looks good but I do wonder what its for, 21 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The fill & go bottle certainly looks good but I do wonder what its for. Generally I only use filters to stop scaling etc and in my area the water is OK so I don't tend to filter drinking water as a better of course. However, if I'm carrying a bottle around why not filter.

The filters are affordable if not cheap, around a pound each and need replacing weekly.

My big concern with this product is that it filters rather than purifies, and that someone may use dirty water that is made to look clean by the filter but still contains contaminants.

NOCO G1100UK Genius Smart Battery Charger
NOCO G1100UK Genius Smart Battery Charger

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for trickle charging, 1 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Got this for maintaining the charge on our second car which can often sit for weeks without being used. I previously had a solar charger but found that a bit hit and miss.

The NOCO charger seems to do the trick in maintaining the battery although like other reviewers say it isn't powerful even to get a seriously flat large battery going.

Still horses for courses!

First World War For Dummies (For Dummies (History, Biography & Politics)
First World War For Dummies (For Dummies (History, Biography & Politics)
by Seán Lang

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a very good introduction into what is a very interesting, 1 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very good introduction into what is a very interesting, important and topical time in modern history. It may be for dummies but you're not treated like an idiot, the information is well structured and presented, breaking down the complex chain of events into manageable and understandable bits.

With all the events that are going to be happening this summer you wouldn't want to appear ill-informed so i'd recommend that you buy (and read) this book.

Friendship Bracelets Galt Toys Friendship Bracelets
Friendship Bracelets Galt Toys Friendship Bracelets
Offered by The Global Trader

4.0 out of 5 stars Friendship Bracelets, 1 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A nice cheap and cheerful braclet making pack for kids who are into their crafts. Lots of bits and pieces to fit together and exchange with friends, it'll keep the kids amused for a couple of hours.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20