Profile for torchest > Reviews

The French House
The French House
Price: 0.59

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good., 8 Jun 2014
This review is from: The French House (Kindle Edition)
I am about 60% of the way through this book and so far I am really enjoying it. I love the smattering of French as it gives me a chance to work out what the phrases mean before they are translated. Even the bits at the beginning when not much is happening are good and had me engrossed. Nick Alexander is a good writer and I will read more of his stuff.

Look Behind You
Look Behind You

5.0 out of 5 stars Kept me guessing........, 8 Jun 2014
This review is from: Look Behind You (Kindle Edition)
I thought I knew the outcome of this but then things changed and I wasn't so sure. I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

Hot Pink Suede Driving Licence & Insurance Holder
Hot Pink Suede Driving Licence & Insurance Holder
Offered by Panorama Stores
Price: 4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite big enough for the paper licence, 21 May 2014
It's nice and I am pleased with it but I had to fold the licence more than I wanted to fit it into the slot.

Melissa & Doug Wooden Abacus
Melissa & Doug Wooden Abacus
Price: 10.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Present for nephew...., 30 April 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Wooden Abacus (Toy)
.....and apparently he loves it, so there isn't really anything else to say. It's nice to buy wooden toys for a change.

Evodigitals Black 1160 Hour 4GB Voice Recorder Dictaphone with Telephone Record
Evodigitals Black 1160 Hour 4GB Voice Recorder Dictaphone with Telephone Record
Offered by EvoDigitals
Price: 11.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite difficult to find the right function, 30 April 2014
Only used this twice to record a couple of meetings, which it did, so no complaints. I had to practice though as there are different functions and it wasn't easy to understand the instructions.

A Single Breath
A Single Breath
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable and credible, 30 April 2014
This review is from: A Single Breath (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book. I like the characters and found the storyline perfectly credible. I did guess one of the things that is revealed towards the end but this did not take anything away from my enjoyment. The island of Wattleboon which is based on a real island, sounded like the sort of place I would love to visit. A good read, and as I read this on Kindle whilst on my exercise machine there are some bits that kept me on the machine for longer than I set myself as i was gripped!.

The Magpies
The Magpies
Price: 3.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Disturbing, 12 April 2014
This review is from: The Magpies (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book but did think that it was rather far-fetched. I think most people would have been a bit more pro-active and done more to get to the bottom of the problems. Jamie was a bit too wet and when he does think he has the solution I felt annoyed by his naivity.

2015 Slim Month To View Spiral Scenic Photo Wall Calendar - Cottages 0501
2015 Slim Month To View Spiral Scenic Photo Wall Calendar - Cottages 0501
Offered by DLF Wholesale
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars What can I say? It's a calendar., 19 Feb 2014
Fits nicely between the door frame and light switch which is what I wanted. Just enough room to write daily appointments and the pictures and nice.

The Sea Sisters
The Sea Sisters
Price: 0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoying this book and only half way through, 19 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Sea Sisters (Kindle Edition)
So far so good. It is not gripping but there is just enough happening to keep me interested. It is believable and I enjoy reading about the various places visited.

Unhallowed Ground: A Novel
Unhallowed Ground: A Novel
Price: 3.63

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 20 Nov 2013
My Mother lent me this book and said it was very frightening. I do scare very easily but was not frightened by this book. Georgie annoyed me a bit as she did not behave as I would have done so I could not relate to her. I would not have stayed there after the doll incident.
I was very disappointed by the ending and thought it was very far-fetched. I would have preferred, and expected more of a ghost story. The bits I like were the description of the cold and snow and struggle to survive.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3