Profile for S. Hopkins > Reviews

Content by S. Hopkins

S. Hopkins (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Super Street Fighter IV - Arcade Edition (PS3)
Super Street Fighter IV - Arcade Edition (PS3)
Offered by Gameseek

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best games you could get!, 7 July 2013
Street Fighter is without doubt the greatest fighting genre gaming franchise in the history of video games. It's balance of characters, wacky back stories, fighting mechanics and overall look and feel across the various titles is unrivalled (don't mention Street Fighter EX :-/).

"Street Fighter III 3rd Strike" is reckoned by many to be the greatest Street Fighter game. Well SS4AE is like a heavier, slower version with a great new art style. They've tweaked the mechanics to make it more accessible to new players (easier to pull off special moves) but it still has the depth required for the hardcore gamers. Very good indeed. It's given me many, many hours of fun.

Orla Kiely Perfect Bound Notebook A7 - Acorn Cup Multi,Brown
Orla Kiely Perfect Bound Notebook A7 - Acorn Cup Multi,Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Very simple, but good, 7 July 2013
In a textbook Orla Kiely way, this is simple, but very nice looking. I bought it as a gift to add with another present and it was vey well received.

The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray + UV Copy) [2012] [Region Free]
The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray + UV Copy) [2012] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Andrew Garfield

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicely Surprised, 7 July 2013
Bought this for my kid. We'd not seen it and he's doing the whole Marvel thing at the moment. This is very good. Much better than the Tobey Maguire films. The acting, direction, special effects, story lines, it's all stronger, a little grittier, but with the good humour you should get from your friendly neighbourhood spiderman.

Highly recommend it.

Beechfield Unisex Plain Original 5 Panel Baseball Cap (One Size) (Graphite Grey)
Offered by COOZO

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 7 July 2013
Seems ok, fits nicely, but it does look a bit on the cheap side. I guess you get what you pay for.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice cap, 7 July 2013
Nice cap, no frills, just what I was after. I've not given it 5 stars because I feel it's a touch deep (as in pulled down onto my head, it touches the top of my ears). This is a minor annoyance and I find a quick adjustment gets it sitting where I want it.

Sony ICFC218S Clock Radio (Silver)
Sony ICFC218S Clock Radio (Silver)
Offered by K.K. Electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a gift, 7 July 2013
and it was very well received. Simple, sleek and understated with that subtle feel of quality you get from a Sony product.

Iron Man [Blu-ray] [2008]
Iron Man [Blu-ray] [2008]
Dvd ~ Robert Downey Jr
Offered by Get It on TV

5.0 out of 5 stars Iron Man is Awesome!, 7 July 2013
It's pretty simple really, what's not to like. Robert Downey Jr is a superb performer, Jeff Bridges is a legend, there are tons of great looking girls, awesome fight scenes, lovely cars and a robot suit that shoots lasers from it's hands! It's the ultimate boy's film. Switch brain off and enjoy it. I did!

Japanese from Zero! 1: Proven Techniques to Learn Japanese for Students and Professionals
by George Trombley

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice to get into, but one or two reservations, 7 July 2013
My other half is Japanese (but she's a rubbish teacher!) so I thought I'd get myself a book to boost my Japanese. I spent and hour or two getting into this and running a few things past her. I started to get put off as they don't introduce all the alphabet in the opening chapters, yet get you saying words that use letters you've not yet been taught. Don't get me wrong, there's lots of positives about this book and I'm sure it works for many people, but I found more success in the more traditional approach of the Berlitz book.

Philips AJ1000 Clock Radio
Philips AJ1000 Clock Radio
Offered by M H TECHNOLOGIES

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a gift, 7 July 2013
and apparently it's very good. Good functionality, simple and nice styling. I've not used it myself, but the person I bought it for was very happy with it.

Verbatim 43541 8x Dual Layer DVD+R - Jewel Cased 5 Pack
Verbatim 43541 8x Dual Layer DVD+R - Jewel Cased 5 Pack
Offered by Babz Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the extra money, 7 July 2013
Had cheap dual layers in the past and the fail rate was awful. Every one of these burned a treat and after much heavy use are still working fine. Don't buy cheap Dual Layer DVDs, it's a false economy.

Page: 1 | 2