Profile for Arron Potter > Reviews

Old Skool Masters: Round 3
Old Skool Masters: Round 3
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Skin skin skinner...., 27 Feb. 2003
I bought this cd because in my eyes, anything mixed by Ratpack is worth a listen.. and this is no exception. The first cd is jam packed of old skool classics.. many of which are easily recogniseable from a typical Ratpack set (if you've had the pleasure of seeing them live). Everson Allen also does a little MCing over the tracks from time to time, which is very welcome.
The second cd is mixed by Bassline Smith who is another DJ I've never heard a particulary bad set from. This is one from the darkside, with some proper nice early 90's jungle, with tracks from Slipmatt and Dillinja amongst others.
If you're into old skool.. or jungle.. or in my case, both.. I'd highly reccommend this one.

My Father My King
My Father My King

5.0 out of 5 stars Mindblowing, 22 Nov. 2002
This review is from: My Father My King (Audio CD)
The first time I heard this song was (I think) prior to its release, at the Reading Festival 2001, when they ended their live set with it. And I was absolutely blown away, trust me, the cd does not do this song justice. The white noise outro to this song was doubly intensified by an unreal light show, mainly composed of strobes. But for those of you who were unfortunate not to catch a live Mogwai show, buy it, you won't be disappointed.