Profile for J M Grossmith > Reviews

Content by J M Grossmith

J M Grossmith (SE England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Last Templar (Knights Templar Mysteries Book 1)
The Last Templar (Knights Templar Mysteries Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars A detective story set in the 1300's, 20 Aug. 2013
The story moves from France to England and is set in the early part of the 14th century with all it's basic, and often foul living. A crime story within other crime stories. At times I wanted to move the the tale along as it seemed drawn out and was repeating known facts and attitudes. Having said that I was caught up in the plot and needed to read to the last page. If you like crime thrillers and feel you might enjoy the twist of a historic setting then this book is for you.

LED Lenser P7 Professional Torch (Titanium) - Test It Pack
LED Lenser P7 Professional Torch (Titanium) - Test It Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars A serious piece of kit., 7 Aug. 2013
If all you want out of a torch is help to find your front door key then buy a cheap plastic one that gives a warm glow but may need replacing every year. If, however, you want a torch that gives off a laser like needle of near day light in order to find your caravan in a large field at night or a wide angle of strong light to forage in the loft then the Led Lenser P7 is for you. If you have come off the mountain without the Mother-in-law the button switch will enable you to signal best wishes to her from a great distance. Small enough to fit into the palm of your hand (but a little heavier than I expected) the construction of this item is such that it will withstand day to day knocks and promises to last a life time. Heed the warning of not looking into the lenses when switching on and for the same reason look for your lost dog using the second, low power adjustable beam. The belt pouch definitely will not split at the seams on its first outing. A handy wrist strap, a small karabiner and a spare set of batteries are included in the thief proof package. (Very difficult to open if you are as excited as I was). I rate the torch five stars, not to justify my spending a lot of money but because it is everything I want from a torch. It is my new best friend and will be at my side for years to come.

Joint Enterprise (The Romney and Marsh Files Book 3)
Joint Enterprise (The Romney and Marsh Files Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good read by Oliver Tidy, 25 July 2013
How DS Marsh keeps her cool with her boss DI Tom Romney I will never know. Good old British police work. Gripping story line right to the last page. I had to laugh out loud in more than one place too. I read for enjoyment. I enjoyed this book and am happy to recommend it to others.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 25, 2013 3:55 PM BST

Off The Grid
Off The Grid

4.0 out of 5 stars Could it really happen? Will it happen?, 28 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Off The Grid (Kindle Edition)
No power supply has left areas of the country back in the dark ages. I suppose it could happen in real life. Many twists and turns - I had to stay awake to remember who was working for which company and who might the bad guys be. The story line made a nice break from all the detective books I tend to read. Worth downloading. I enjoyed the book.

Promise You Won't Tell? (A Dani Ripper Novel Book 2)
Promise You Won't Tell? (A Dani Ripper Novel Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars I like John Locke books, 28 Jun. 2013
At first the main character seemed to be a little young to be a private detective but I grew fond of her as I was drawn into the plot. Many short, snappy remarks which I loved - they kept me wanting to read more and more. I read books for enjoyment and entertainment. I certainly enjoyed this book.

Rope Enough (The Romney and Marsh Files Book 1)
Rope Enough (The Romney and Marsh Files Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read!, 25 Jun. 2013
A good story line with believable characters. No frills British police work. I could not put it down. I have downloaded two more by Oliver Tidy and can not wait to meet up with Romney and Marsh again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 26, 2013 4:29 AM BST

POLISHED BRASS GEORGIAN BELL PUSH DOOR BELL BUTTON
POLISHED BRASS GEORGIAN BELL PUSH DOOR BELL BUTTON
Offered by Shop Desk

5.0 out of 5 stars No look of plastic here!, 12 Jun. 2013
Smart, solid, good looking and will last a lifetime. I am very pleased with the item and the service provided.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent coat for walking the dogs, 20 April 2013
I already have the short version of Berghaus Cornice jacket (together with hat, overtrousers and boots) and have found when worn with a Berghaus fleece the combination keeps me warm and dry on poor winter days. The longer Cornice coat, when worn without a fleece jacket on milder days, is wind resistant and water proof. The longer coat helps protect my legs in unexpected wet weather. My dogs expect to go out twice a day, no matter the weather, and the long Berghuas coat does exactly what I expect of it.

Officer Jones (JP Warner/Officer Jones Book 1)
Officer Jones (JP Warner/Officer Jones Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars I thought I had solved the crime but .., 14 Feb. 2013
A good plot; I had to stay awake as there are a lot of names to get to grips with. An unexpected twist held my interest right to the end.

Kidde 0122UK Dual Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm
Kidde 0122UK Dual Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm
Offered by Cambrian Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat and tidy, 13 Feb. 2013
Item easy to mount and tests well. I hope to avoid gas/fire emergency but in a case of need I will defiantly hear this alarm.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3