Profile for Kate Carone > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Clichéd Love: A Satirical Romance
Clichéd Love: A Satirical Romance

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, 19 July 2016
I've always liked this author and this is enjoyable too. The idea behind the book is clever, though I started to find some of the couples' stories a little repetitive towards the end. However, the main character comes out with several very witty comments and I laughed out loud quite a few times.

Poppy Jenkins
Poppy Jenkins
by Clare Ashton

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't recommend this enough, 19 July 2016
This review is from: Poppy Jenkins (Paperback)
An unusual but idyllic setting with really lovable characters. What a writer.

Nothing To Lose: A Lesbian Romance
Nothing To Lose: A Lesbian Romance

5.0 out of 5 stars A moving story you can't miss, 14 Jun. 2016
I love this author and this is another story to love. The hard situation the leading character finds herself in quickly warms you to her (even if she hasn't got a particularly easy personality) and gets you into the book. Then you can't help but fall in love with the kind and sweet nature of Joy who becomes her saviour. This is a beautiful love-story as well as an uplifting tale of how something good can come out of a hard situation.

Forevermore (Virginia Clan Book 5)
Forevermore (Virginia Clan Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming, 11 May 2016
Really moving story and lovely sequel. One of the few stories to portray a long-term relationship of a gay couple and their family.

Blurred Lines (Cops and Docs Book 1)
Blurred Lines (Cops and Docs Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Started well but..., 11 May 2016
I'm sorry to say I was disappointed by this. It started off well and the characters seemed interesting with some fun dialogue, but then it became very repetitive with no particular storyline. And I felt the ending was really drawn out. I'm sorry to be negative but considering the rather high price, it seems right to give another reader's opinion because I'd been influenced by the other very high ratings.

All I Want For Spring (I Want Series Book 3)
All I Want For Spring (I Want Series Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun in Rome, 17 Mar. 2016
This is another fun continuation of the developing relationship between Tori and Holly. Living in Italy I found it was entertaining following them around Rome from a Brit’s perspective, and making comments only we would make :)

All I Want For Valentine's (I Want Series Book 2)
All I Want For Valentine's (I Want Series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice sequel to a great story, 28 Jan. 2016
It was really nice to read about Tori and Holly again and how their relationship develops. Even though this book deals with a rather more serious topic, there are still plenty of moments for Clare Lydon’s sense of humour. Enjoy!

Pelican's Landing
Pelican's Landing

5.0 out of 5 stars Gerri Hill at her best, 15 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Pelican's Landing (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly enjoyed this story - lovely characters in a beautiful setting. Just like reading Gerri's early stories which I loved.

All I Want For Christmas (I Want Series Book 1)
All I Want For Christmas (I Want Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A funny, sweet romance not to be missed, 28 Oct. 2015
I loved this story. Funny, romantic, and it's really got me in the mood for Christmas! The leading characters are adorable and some of the dating scene hiccups are hilarious. If you’re looking for the perfect seasonal read, you can’t go wrong with this.

Seize The Day
Seize The Day

5.0 out of 5 stars A very pleasant change, 26 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Seize The Day (Kindle Edition)
This is a lovely story based on two very interesting characters. I really enjoyed getting to know them and the dialogues were witty and clever. I also thoroughly enjoyed the descriptions of places around Italy. My only question would be about the editing because on a few occasions the same word or phrase was repeated.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3