Profile for Kate Carone > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Seize The Day
Seize The Day

5.0 out of 5 stars A very pleasant change, 26 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Seize The Day (Kindle Edition)
This is a lovely story based on two very interesting characters. I really enjoyed getting to know them and the dialogues were witty and clever. I also thoroughly enjoyed the descriptions of places around Italy. My only question would be about the editing because on a few occasions the same word or phrase was repeated.

Against Doctor's Orders
Against Doctor's Orders

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 10 Aug. 2015
Really enjoyed this, almost as much as the early Raclyffe medical stories. Thanks!

Playing My Love
Playing My Love

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 10 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Playing My Love (Kindle Edition)
I realize many others have loved this book (which encouraged me to buy it), but I found it disappointing. The story is very hard to believe, and I won't write a spoiler but the main character seemed completely heartless in the way she treated her partner at such an awful moment. I also believe the writer should decide how the story ends and not the reader. Perhaps it was a way to keep every reader happy but it just underlined how unreal it was.

A Little Bit of Spice
A Little Bit of Spice

4.0 out of 5 stars Another nice read from Georgia Beers, 4 Aug. 2015
I really liked these two characters and the story was simple yet sweet. I have thoroughly enjoyed all these writer's books.

This London Love
This London Love
by Clare Lydon

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great read, 31 July 2015
This review is from: This London Love (Paperback)
A lovely story with endearing, funny dialogues. Especially nice to read about the characters from London Calling too. Already looking forward to the author's next book

Mending Defects (Aspen Friends Book 1)
Mending Defects (Aspen Friends Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A new Lynn Galli favourite, 21 Jun. 2015
A lovely story with two pleasantly different characters. As another reviewer mentioned, the aspects regarding the school and Head teacher role are very interesting. I also really enjoyed the witty comments and the way a physical difficulty was faced with strength and even humour.

London Calling
London Calling

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, funny read., 7 Aug. 2014
This review is from: London Calling (Kindle Edition)
What a great first story! Good characters and very witty. I rarely laugh out loud when I read but this was an exception. Really looking forward to the next book.

A Street Cat Named Bob: How one man and his cat found hope on the streets
A Street Cat Named Bob: How one man and his cat found hope on the streets

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely story, 2 Jun. 2014
This is a really nice story and an interesting insight into the life of homeless people and how they can end up on the streets. Thanks James and Bob - good luck to you both.

Bonkers: My Life in Laughs
Bonkers: My Life in Laughs
by Jennifer Saunders

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and interesting, 27 Jan. 2014
This is a really entertaining read and is full of interesting facts and stories for people who grew up with F&S then AbFab. It also confirmed the impression I had of Jennifer Saunders that she's a lovely person who simply likes making people laugh. She also comes across as very down-to-earth and humble about her talents. A must for any fan.

Making Up for Lost Time
Making Up for Lost Time
by Karin Kallmaker

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful surprise, 10 Jun. 2010
I was thrilled to find this story, having thought I'd already read all of Karin Kallmaker's stories. What a great find! There's so much sweet humour in this book along with brief tender moments that literally made me cry. I found quite a few similarities to "Sugar", and if you enjoyed that you'll love this. Wonderful characters and a beautiful, simple love-story.

Page: 1 | 2