Profile for Molly Malone > Reviews

Painting Acrylic Landscapes the Easy Way: Brush with Acrylics 2
by Terry Harrison
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me, 17 April 2014
I bought this after his Top Tips for Acrylic Painting book and DVD helped me create and sell a painting. Now I've painted a 16 x 20 one of wisteria on a house wall - inspired by, though not the same as the one in this book. I find Terry Harrison a very inspiring and encouraging tutor and actually his brushes are very good quality indeed. If like me you were starting out and had hardly any, you could do worse than buy his set.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to tackling another project from this book soon - the cover picture will be next I think.

Ancol Softweave Cat Collar - Red
Ancol Softweave Cat Collar - Red
Price: 2.29

5.0 out of 5 stars He still has it on!!, 17 April 2014
Our dear puss does like the odd bout of fisticuffs with local felines - most days actually. We tried a few of the usual snap-open type collars with name tags, but it turned out to be an expensive business when he came home without them (looking rather too pleased with himself for our liking) only a day or so after they went on.

Anyway, research for old-style collars led me to this one, so a few months back I bought two. I'm delighted to say that the second is still in its wrapper, the first still being around the cat's neck - it looks a little scruffy by now, but then so does he.

Logitech M505 Wireless Mouse - Black
Logitech M505 Wireless Mouse - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Best mouse ever., 17 April 2014
I've had this a few years and it's still as good as new. It gets used a lot most days, yet I can't have had to change the batteries (2 x AA) more than a couple of times in all that time. I'm sure Logitech has updated versions by now but that can only be for marketing reasons, since this one does everything I could ask of it perfectly. I'd buy the same again like a shot.

Terrapin TPU Gel Skin Case/Cover for Motorola Moto G - Blue
Terrapin TPU Gel Skin Case/Cover for Motorola Moto G - Blue
Price: 3.65

3.0 out of 5 stars See through, 17 April 2014
I bought this for my husband - he already had a black one from the same range and we really liked it, but he wanted something that stood out more. He keeps his business card in the cover in case of loss (odd, I know) but with the blue case, it's so see through that the card is actually legible through the plastic. Not great from his viewpoint. I was disappointed in its rather insipid and transparent appearance given the solidity and opacity of the black one. Hope my red one is better when it arrives.

Thorntons Classics Dark Chocolate Gingers 216 g
Thorntons Classics Dark Chocolate Gingers 216 g
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Time to buy more of these!, 17 April 2014
These have to be the best chocolate gingers. I can never find any locally so it's great to buy them on Amazon - pretty good value too. Only one thing - I should have bought 2 boxes (which I will this time) for my husband's birthday so they lasted longer. Yum.

Helix Desktop Sharpener(Color may vary)
Helix Desktop Sharpener(Color may vary)
Price: 9.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Gem of a sharpener, 17 April 2014
Mine is in fact black, looks very classy and smart attached to my desk. Husband was very impressed - said "how much was that?" thinking I'd gone for a top-of-the-range sharpener. It's way better than his Lidl one that cost only a quid or two less. I was thinking of getting a battery model but was put off by the cost and faff of replacing batteries. Really glad I got this now - I use it for my Polychromos coloured pencils as well as graphite sketching pencils and it does a lovely job.

Faber-Castell Polychromos Colour Pencils Tin Of 60
Faber-Castell Polychromos Colour Pencils Tin Of 60
Price: 65.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely lovely pencils, 17 April 2014
The heading says it all. Only snag is...I wish I'd bought 120! I've already added 10 more to the set and I suspect they won't be the last. Fortunately there are some great free CP tutorials on the web. Beautiful pencils and definitely worth the price.

Motorola Moto G - Leather Wallet Flip Case Cover Pouch + Free Screen Protector & Mini Touch Stylus Pen + Polishing Cloth (Dark Purple)
Offered by GB Online Sales

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware - may not protect your phone., 18 Mar 2014
I thought this was a good product - it's bulky but I thought it was worth it for the protection it gave my new Moto G. That was until yesterday when my phone (in the closed case) fell out of my pocket and a piece of plastic broke off from a top corner. Obviously I will now have to spend money on another cover that will protect the corners properly and this one can go to Oxfam! So buyer beware.

Flora Britannica
Flora Britannica
by Richard Mabey
Price: 32.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, 28 Dec 2013
This review is from: Flora Britannica (Hardcover)
I was shown this by a friend last May, bought it for my husband's birthday, then bought another for my brother for Christmas. Everyone loves it, including me! Mr Mabey has a unique way of writing about plants that draws you in, engages and informs you and absorbs your attention. If you're looking for a special gift for a plant or garden lover, someone who maybe has all the usual gardening books, this should hit the spot. Highly recommended.

The Art of Colour Mixing: Using Watercolours, Acrylics and Oils
The Art of Colour Mixing: Using Watercolours, Acrylics and Oils
by John Lidzey

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful, 28 Dec 2013
I'm a new convert to painting and still at the stage of copying others' pictures or photos. I attended some classes but the teacher was too busy to explain exactly how to mix a certain colour - she'd just quickly mix it for you instead. Now I'm doing more by myself, this book is perfect for working out how to arrive at exactly the colour I want with the paints I already have. I haven't yet been stumped and find I'm using it more and more. In fact I'm not sure how I'd manage now without it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4