Profile for Pad > Reviews

Pad (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Velbon Ultrek 43D Tripod
Velbon Ultrek 43D Tripod

5.0 out of 5 stars It folds down to a good size and even fits into a pannier should you ..., 7 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Velbon Ultrek 43D Tripod (Camera)
Bought this a while ago and have since taken it on many holidays. It folds down to a good size and even fits into a pannier should you want one for cycling with. The build is also very good. All the connections feel solid and I've never had any issues with it. It might not be light enough for some but for me its fine. The swivel ball on the top is perfect for taking shots at different angles. Would recommend.

Forefront Cases Leather Case Cover with Magnetic Auto Sleep Wake Function for 7.9 inch Apple iPad Mini with Retina Display - Pink
Offered by Forefront Cases

5.0 out of 5 stars At first she was unsure but once it was on the iPad she loved it and quickly forget about the one she'd bought, 7 Sept. 2015
Bought this for my mum who had an iPad mini and also a case cover. At first she was unsure but once it was on the iPad she loved it and quickly forget about the one she'd bought, which incidentally was much dearer. I was impressed with the quality and the fit of the case around the lens and volume controls. For the price I would say this is excellent value for money and you are buying something that feels solid and looks good on the iPad. Would highly recommend.

Cycling Fine Chine Windsor Mug - Modern Design
Cycling Fine Chine Windsor Mug - Modern Design
Offered by Louis Potts Ltd.

1.0 out of 5 stars I bought this as birthday present for a friend and ..., 20 July 2015
I bought this as birthday present for a friend and after 1 month a large crack appeared in it. I got this back off my friend and got my money back without any issues but didn't bother buying another.

Tefal Avanti Classic 875718 Toaster - 2 Slice - Black
Tefal Avanti Classic 875718 Toaster - 2 Slice - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't remember what I paid 15 years ago but like the one here I would say it was inexpensive ..., 20 July 2015
The reviews seem mixed here but for once, I can offer a review not from someone who's had this toaster for a couple of months but someone who's had this toaster for 15 years. I can't remember what I paid 15 years ago but like the one here I would say it was inexpensive and to pay £25 and get 15 years of service is pretty good.

Toasting wise I've never had any issues. Its always toasted evenly even from frozen. I've also done crumpets and bagels with no issues as well. There is a small flap underneath for clearing the crumbs out which is a bit fiddly but not a massive issue. Have I bought another to replace it? Well not quite, my head was turned by another Tefal model which had a rack for warming croissants. What can I say?

Ortlieb Uni Back Roller City Rear Bicycle Bag
Ortlieb Uni Back Roller City Rear Bicycle Bag
Price: £70.39 - £168.28

3.0 out of 5 stars A little over rated, 9 May 2014
I didn't buy mine from here but wanted to offer a review any way. I bought a single one of these and whilst they do have the reputation of being a brand leader, there are much better panniers out there. Before buying this single pannier, I had a Carradice pannier which lasted around 10 years, was very water proof and much better designed than this.

If I had to design a pannier, I would combine elements of the Ortlieb that those of the Carradice. The major problem of the Orlieb is the capacity. If the design didn't mean that the clip in mechanism had to fastened so far down the side of the pannier, you'd be able to get much more in there. Rolling them down to clip them shut reduces the capacity of the bag considerably. Carradice do this differently. They allow the roll down bit to meet whatever is in the bag and then the two ends of the roll down part clip together and a lid covers this which is also adjustable. The Carradice has a pocket, this does not. Carradice bags also have side netting parts for stuffing in clothing etc, Ortlieb do not. The key feature for me though is the connectors to the rack. Carradice ones lock solid to the rack and will never come off. Ortlieb don't give me that level of confidence.

Not sure why I went for this bag really, I guess because it was a bargain. Don't get me wrong, they are well made and I'm sure very waterproof, but in practical such as getting some shopping in them, they could be a lot better.

Head Boy (Lanarkshire Strays Book 1)
Head Boy (Lanarkshire Strays Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a must read, 22 April 2014
A bit clichéd really. Scotland, drugs, nightclubs, bent coppers and dealing. Heard it all before but done much better by others. An attempt at a twist later in the plot later in the book fell a bit flat for me. Didn't feel the sense of place that quality research would have given to some of the scenarios. The writing felt a bit sloppy and lazy and lacked originality. The coke buyers were people with good jobs, well, haven't heard that before. The main character portrayed as a psycho but not a very convincing one for me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 23, 2014 6:33 AM BST

Love, Nina: Despatches from Family Life
Love, Nina: Despatches from Family Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Mildly amusing, 22 April 2014
The fact that this book is based on real people including Alan Bennett gives it greater validity. The funny parts for me are the dialogue between the assembled characters at meal times and the comments of the children which Nina is charged to look after.

OXO Good Grips Pepper Grinder
OXO Good Grips Pepper Grinder

2.0 out of 5 stars Mmmm - not as impressed as others, 22 April 2014
2 stars indicates that you don't like a product and in truth I don't really like it. Its OK, but doesn't give you the feeling of proper grinding going on. The settings don't really work for me either and at the top end the grinded pepper is still coming out too small. I would have sent if back but decided to just make do which is how I see this product, just make do.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 19, 2014 8:37 PM BST

Smart Lunar R1 Rear Light, 1 W
Smart Lunar R1 Rear Light, 1 W
Offered by Y Frame Discounts Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Very bright, 22 April 2014
You will definitely be noticed with this light flashing away on the rear of your bike. It has different settings for flashing or just been on permanently. Its very light yet feels sturdy enough for the job in hand. Its small enough to fit in your pocket and the batteries (which are included) last a long time. Good value for a tenner.

Darlac Two Way Brass Tap Manifold - Turn one tap into two
Darlac Two Way Brass Tap Manifold - Turn one tap into two
Offered by Garden Selections

5.0 out of 5 stars Works a treat, 22 April 2014
I'm always a little skeptical about these sorts of devices and always err on the side of caution when buying and fitting. I have recently connected a dishwasher and washing machine to this and can report that there have been no leaks at all and all seems to be working well. Easy to fit and the build quality feels substantial. Feels like a quality product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3