Profile for Mrs. Nicola Jensen > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Nicola Jensen

Mrs. Nicola Jensen (Denmark)

The Wiggles - Racing To The Rainbow [DVD]
The Wiggles - Racing To The Rainbow [DVD]
Dvd ~ The Wiggles

4.0 out of 5 stars More wiggly fun, 17 April 2011
I bought this wiggles dvd for my 2 year old who is already a wiggles fan. We think that it is great, lots of new catchy wiggly songs with all the fav characters. As a grown up I find some of the dvd a bit cringe worthy as usual with the wiggles, more so with this one as there is a story instead of just a collection of songs. Thankfully the tunes make up for it and more importantly, it keeps my daughter amused for ages (it's 2 hours long). All in all a good buy for any wiggly fan!

Fireman Sam - Triple Pack [DVD]
Fireman Sam - Triple Pack [DVD]
Dvd ~ Fireman Sam

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of peace for only £5!, 20 Jan 2011
This box set consists of the best of the original episodes that I remember from when I was a little girl, then 2 dvd's from the newer claymation series from a few years ago. My 3 and a half year old son loves the newer ones because of the helicopter which is a new addition in the more recent series, but I was also impressed that he chooses to watch the older ones too. I paid £4.99 for the 3 dvd's plus postage and it was definatley money well spent, we have watched them many times already and they are a definate hit in our house.

Goodnight Mister Tom (Digitally Remastered) [DVD]
Goodnight Mister Tom (Digitally Remastered) [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Thaw
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic representation of a classic book, 20 Jan 2011
I saw this as a drama on tv years ago and after re reading the book was happy to find the dvd here on amazon. I think that this is a brilliant piece of drama and very true to the book, of course helped by John Thaw's fantastic acting skills. A classic which all should see!

In The Night Garden: Look at That! [DVD]
In The Night Garden: Look at That! [DVD]
Dvd ~ Derek Jacobi
Offered by replay-international

5.0 out of 5 stars A good buy for any In The Night Garden fan, 20 Jan 2011
I have a boy aged 3 and a half and a girl 20 months old and it is hard to say who likes this dvd the most! There is a good mix of characters in the episodes rather than them being just about one in particular which we like alot, we also see the wottingers which was a nice surprise! as the title of this review says, if your tots like this programme from the tv then this will be a good buy. The sleep mode can also be useful for those lunchtime naps for calming them down. Great price and service as always amazon.

Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince [DVD]
Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince [DVD]
Dvd ~ Daniel Radcliffe
Offered by TwoRedSevens

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Harry Potter - again!, 1 May 2010
This is the latest Harry Potter film in the collection and is one of the best so far in my opinion. The film is pretty close in content to the book but obviously doesn't include everything due to time restrictions! There is one part which has been added to the film which wasn't in the book which is a little irritating for a loyal book reader like myself but overall the story unfolds in the same way. The special effects and overall producution is fantastic and quite scary at times so the certificate should be adhered to with family viewing. Can't wait for the next one!

Postman Pat Special Delivery Service - Pat to the Rescue [DVD]
Postman Pat Special Delivery Service - Pat to the Rescue [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ivor Wood

5.0 out of 5 stars 21st centuary Pat!, 4 Nov 2009
I bought this DVD for my 2 and a half year old son and think that it was money well spent. On a long car journey it was the only DVD he wanted to watch and continued to ask for it during our time away on the holiday. There are 6 episodes on the DVD and all are fun filled with action packed pat making his special deliveries using all his new modes of transport including a motorbike, and my son's favourite the helicopter. The theme tune will get stuck in your head but overall a fantastic DVD and I would highly recommend it to any famliy with kids from about 18 months, hope to see more of these new style Pat adventures soon!

Davina - My Pre & Post Natal Workouts [DVD] [2007]
Davina - My Pre & Post Natal Workouts [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Davina McCall

5.0 out of 5 stars Great DVD, 8 Mar 2007
This DVD is excellent - for me anyway! If you like Davina and are pregnant then get it. It is a gentle workout - not too much of a heart raiser but the stretching, toning and pelvic floor sections are very good. It is easy to follow and and has good posture checks etc which as a trained aerobic instructor I am happy to see.

There is also a small section called Davina's tips, and as a first time mum I really found that this settled some of my fears about labour and birth and being a new mum, I think because Davina is such a well known personality you feel like its a friend talking to you!

If Davina is a personality that you don't enjoy watching then this would not be a good DVD for you, but I love it!