Profile for Trev's reveiws > Reviews

Ascensions : Catherine Destivelle
Ascensions : Catherine Destivelle
Offered by Prestivo2

5.0 out of 5 stars Catherine Destivelle, 18 July 2014
My son was recently playing the video game Tomb raider and happened to pass comment about the superhuman athleticism and climbing ability of the female character featured, I replied that I remembered having seen a programme on the TV many years previously about an extraordinary French female climber who unbelievably could actually do in real life some of the moves shown in the game. I could not remember her name but when I got home checked out you tube and found some videos of Catherine Destivelle, who is the climber I remembered. This film documents her extraordinary ability and seeming fearlessness as she undertakes various unroped climbs, dangles one handed over 500ft drops, negotiates impossible looking overhangs and conquers some highly challenging and beautiful climbing locations worldwide.
I'll stick to my stair lift, but thoroughly recommend this extraordinary film!

C'est Si Bon
C'est Si Bon

4.0 out of 5 stars C'est si Bon by Arielle Dombasle, 17 July 2014
This review is from: C'est Si Bon (Audio CD)
A good album, played in a sort of 1940s palm court orchestra style, all of the songs are well known standards.
Ms. Dombasle has an unusual voice which would probably not be to everyone's taste and the whole thing is rather camp but the quality of the material and tuneful backing nevertheless make for a very enjoyable French flavoured easy listening album.

20 Accordion Favourites
20 Accordion Favourites

4.0 out of 5 stars 20 French accordion favourites by Jack Emblow, 12 July 2014
This review is from: 20 Accordion Favourites (Audio CD)
Very pleasant and relaxing cd of French accordian music played by Jack Emblow and his band, -- he used to perform on the radio programme 'sing something simple' which I used to loathe when my parents listened to it in the 1960s, but now I'm in my 60s myself I find I'm doing the same things they did! ---- I guess that's life as they say.---- Enjoyable easy listening.

Whisper a Prayer
Whisper a Prayer

5.0 out of 5 stars Mica Paris is one of my favourite singers, all of her albums are great but ..., 11 July 2014
This review is from: Whisper a Prayer (Audio CD)
Bought this album years ago, Mica Paris is one of my favourite singers, all of her albums are great but this is the one I would take to the proverbial desert island--absolutely brilliantly superb!

Rated R
Rated R
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite Rihanna album, 11 July 2014
This review is from: Rated R (Audio CD)
My favourite Rihanna album, it's simply a brilliant collection of songs, great production, good vocals, highly listenable and kinda sexy, and I'm 62!

No Ways Tired
No Ways Tired

5.0 out of 5 stars No ways tired by Fontella Bass, 7 Jun 2014
This review is from: No Ways Tired (Audio CD)
Although I'm not a believer I nevertheless have always enjoyed the sound of black gospel music. This album by Fontella Bass is very good indeed, highly enjoyable with a lot of uptempo songs, great singing and harmonies, wonderfully effective keyboard , guitar and bass playing, wholeheartedly recommend!

Go Away Little Boy
Go Away Little Boy

5.0 out of 5 stars Marlena shaw---go away little boy cd, 25 May 2014
This review is from: Go Away Little Boy (Audio CD)
I have only just ''discovered" Marlena Shaw courtesy of Spotify. As I like to have cd copies of music I like I purchased some of her albums to add to my collection.I can't believe I hadn't heard of her before because her vocals and choice of material are first rate. This album is really excellent in every way , very good songs, well sung,well recorded and highly enjoyable! Recommended !

So Danso
So Danso

5.0 out of 5 stars So danso by yazz, 20 April 2014
This review is from: So Danso (Audio CD)
A very enjoyable album of Brazillian Latin standards by Yazz, who is a good looking girl with a reasonable voice, but what sets this record apart is the fact that she is supported by some very good Latin jazz musicians, this added to the quality of the tunes makes for a very good record in my opinion!....... a worthwhile and very enjoyable purchase!

Ananésworld
Ananésworld

5.0 out of 5 stars Ananesworld by Anane, 2 April 2014
This review is from: Ananésworld (Audio CD)
I was recently listening to a house music compilation mix cd, one of the tracks that stood out for me was by Anane whom I had never heard of, but looked on I tunes and found that she had released this album. I subsequently purchased cd from amazon and I had to write this review as I think it is one of the best CDs I have heard in quite a while... The music is quite an eclectic mix, most tracks are sung in English, with a couple in French. The album features some tracks that are what I would describe as having a European pop sound but others have a strong african vibe plus a little reggae for good measure!...it all fits beautifully together to make one brilliant record. The album is well produced and sounds great on my headphones. In my opinion this is a very good and original record (with some great bass lines) Check it out!

My Life II...The Journey Continues [Act 1]
My Life II...The Journey Continues [Act 1]

5.0 out of 5 stars My life II. Mary J Blige, 27 Feb 2014
This is Mary J Blige's strongest album by far in my opinion, Although she has a great voice I have found some of her previous albums a bit of a mixed bag as regards the quality of the actual songs,...This album though is great, tuneful and funky in equal measure and consistent all the way through, I really enjoy listening to it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3