Profile for Bruce Allen > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Guitar in the Space Age
Guitar in the Space Age

5.0 out of 5 stars Bill's best ever, 21 Jan. 2015
Well, I'm a fan of Bill Frisell. I understand that some of his music can be challenging to listen to and not all of it is my taste. But this is the best of the best. My current favorite album with my current favorite track "surfer girl".
I put this in the same category os John Scofield's Uberjam Deux. It is a real one off !! and incredibly enjoyable and entertaining.
Just love it.

GoGrip Secure Glasses Cord (Black)
GoGrip Secure Glasses Cord (Black)
Offered by GoOpticians

5.0 out of 5 stars really does the job, 1 Dec. 2014
This review is from: GoGrip Glasses Cord (Apparel)
just so much better than any others i've had

The Road Divides [DVD] [2012]
The Road Divides [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Carl Verheyen
Offered by RareGroove

5.0 out of 5 stars my first Carl Verheyen dvd or cd, 20 May 2014
I'm a big fan of guitar music and I like fender stratocasters. This is where musician and guitar come together as one. Saying that, he plays other guitars and a variety of styles in this dvd. It is a great buy and very enjoyable. Top marks from me.

Black Portable Fold-Up XYLO-STAND Travel Cradle Holder for the New Apple iPad, 2, 3, 4, Air, Mini & Mini 2.
Offered by Xylo Uk

5.0 out of 5 stars just the job......, 20 May 2014
its light, but sturdy; folds up small and works well. One of those purchases that just works out fine. I use mine with an iPad mini.

Überjam Deux
Überjam Deux

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 24 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Überjam Deux (Audio CD)
I have always been a fan of great guitar music and great tone. Prior to this I liked John Scofield but not enough to buy his stuff. Having heard this album I can see where he's coming from and am developing a real taste for his stuff.
The whole band work well together and it is now my favourite album of the moment. Well worth a go.

The Revelator Collection (DVD) [2009]
The Revelator Collection (DVD) [2009]
Dvd ~ Gillian Welch

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely DVD, 13 Aug. 2013
As an acoustic guitar player I was looking in to american guitar based singers and guitarists. The combination of Gillian Welch and David Rawlings is mesmerizing. Two very gifted musicians and well worth a look.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Sometimes things exceed expectations !, 13 Aug. 2013
I bought this after struggling with my old capo which was the standard spring/lever type. I had this view that capo's are just not easy to use. When this one arrived I was just delighted. It is light, robust, easy to use with one hand. Convenient to carry or store. Everything about it surpassed my expectations. I use on an acoustic guitat but everything I say here is the same for electric guitar use.
Thoroughly recommended

Out There
Out There

5.0 out of 5 stars Out There - Jimmy Vaughan, 17 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Out There (Audio CD)
Having been a Stevie Ray Vaughan fan for years I was curious about Jimmie. I'd heard bits and pieces when he guests on DVD's and CD's. I bought one CD "Essential" and was so pleased that I bought another, and now Out There. For fans of blues based music and interesting guitar playing this album is fantastic. Jimmie has an individual approach to the music and a great passion. I am now a very committed fan of this music and the three albums I own play in the car and at home regularly. Excellent !

Upside Downside
Upside Downside

4.0 out of 5 stars Upside Down. Mike Stern, 17 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Upside Downside (Audio CD)
I'm new to Mike Stern and this is the first CD of his that I have purchased. I have really enjoyed it. This is an innovative guitarist with a great understanding of melody and melodic playing. He will be of particular interest to those who loke guitar music. Its in the car stereo and gets a lot of use.

Fishing the Gower: A Guide to Shore Fishing the Gower Peninsula
Fishing the Gower: A Guide to Shore Fishing the Gower Peninsula
by Malcolm Halfpenny

4.0 out of 5 stars Fishing the Gower: A Guide to Shore Fishing the Gower Peninsular, 17 Aug. 2011
Great little book. Useful for research before taking your holiday and alsi whilst you are there. Its a little quirky but interesting and useful. A good buy and one to keep on the shelf for future holidays.

Page: 1 | 2