Profile for Lola DeLorean > Reviews

Content by Lola DeLorean

Lola DeLorean (UK)

Reunion: A Supernatural Thriller
Reunion: A Supernatural Thriller

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping story with real chills and excellent characters, 29 Dec. 2011
This book is a successfully chilling tale of the supernatural, and is particularly effective with the backstory of the school shooting. The balance between reality and paranormal is just right. It is also successful through the set of main characters, who we quickly grow attached to in the first few chapters of the book. Knowing what David was about to do, I read the school chapters with dread, trying to guess who might suffer at his hands.
My only point of criticism would be that the last chapter was a bit too trite - the ending of the plot itself was sufficient without a round up of what happened to everyone afterwards. But this could just be a personal preference of mine.
I had some real shivers reading this, partly at the ghost story elements, partly at the cold realism of David's evil. Worth reading just for the twist - I'd be very surprised if any reader saw this coming. I certainly didn't!

Good Ol' Fashioned Love
Good Ol' Fashioned Love
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection!, 13 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Good Ol' Fashioned Love (Audio CD)
I can't remember the last time I was this excited about an act. Their voices are sublime, individually and in harmony, and I truly believe they could sing anything! The album features covers from many different eras, but the overall sound can't really be pigeon-holed - it's doo-wop but not as we know it, as there is a distinctly modern flavour to The Overtones.
Personal favourites are the fantastic Gambling Man (an original number of theirs and a toe tapping upbeat gem) and Have I Told You Lately where the bass voice of Lachie Chapman really shines. Been listening to this album every day for 3 months now and still love it just as much - you can't help but smile when you listen to it. Having seen them in interviews etc they seem like genuine, talented and hard working musicians and I'm looking forward to seeing them live on their upcoming tour.

Brit's Guide to Disneyland Resort Paris 2008-2009: And Paris Attractions
Brit's Guide to Disneyland Resort Paris 2008-2009: And Paris Attractions
by Simon Veness

5.0 out of 5 stars best book you can get on DLRP, 15 May 2009
i have also read the AA guide to DLRP and can safely say this Brits Guide is far superior. It contains great insider tips and is highly readable. I'm confident it tells you everything you need to know to make the most of your trip to DLRP. We had already booked when I got it but it would also be helpful at the planning stages. Even though I have read it all the way through I will definitely be taking it around the parks with me when we visit later in the year, im sure i will refer to it often. Highly recommended.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Battery killer?, 1 Jun. 2006
The sound quality and value of this system is great i cant fault it. However I do have one concern which is that the system, by charging your ipod whenever ur ipod is in the cradle, is draining the ipods battery life. As you may know, ipods can only take so many charges until they wear out, and if like me you plan on using your speaker system alot, this could seriously damage the life expectancy of your ipod. I've used the speakers pretty much constantly since last September when I got them and they still work great... but my ipod mini now only plays with the speakers ie. when its being charged during play. It has literally no battery life, so im going to have to buy a new ipod altogether. Just a warning to you all!