Profile for J. C. Finch > Reviews

Content by J. C. Finch

J. C. Finch (United Kingdom)

Wait Until Dark (OST)
Wait Until Dark (OST)
Offered by Chris' Soundtrack Corner

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Music from Henry Mancini, 9 Feb 2013
This review is from: Wait Until Dark (OST) (Audio CD)
I love the move and the music from it also, especially the main theme. Henry Mancini was brilliant with his music!

Ascenseur pour l'échafaud / Lift to the scaffold
Ascenseur pour l'échafaud / Lift to the scaffold

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating!, 31 Jan 2011
Miles Davis hit the nail on the head with this extremely seductive and mesmerising soundtrack -- from beginning to end, loved it!

STIGA Luxury Table Tennis Bat Case
STIGA Luxury Table Tennis Bat Case

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit!, 25 Feb 2010
Love this handy and easy to carry Table Tennis Bat Case -- it fits like a glove in my hand and I can even put at least one table tennis ball in it as well.

Energy Foam (100 ml) Table Tennis Bat Cleaner
Energy Foam (100 ml) Table Tennis Bat Cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 25 Feb 2010
This was perfect for maintaining my table tennis bat -- I will use this product over and over again.

The Tenderness of Wolves
The Tenderness of Wolves
by Stef Penney

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating, 25 Dec 2007
This book had me captivated from beginning to end -- I absolutley loved it! I was drawn to the characters and especially taken by the relationship that developed between Mrs Ross and Parker. I can't remember when I was so caught up in a book. Ms Penney's writing made me feel as though I had been placed right in the middle of the story -- I felt all the emotions. I loved this book -- it was one breathtaking read and I was sorry that it came to an end -- I could have read another 400 pages. I'm looking forward to her next novel.

Twilight Samurai [DVD] [2004] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Twilight Samurai [DVD] [2004] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Hiroyuki Sanada
Offered by supermart_usa

5.0 out of 5 stars Twighlight Samurai - a moving film for the soul, 3 Jan 2005
This movie touched my heart and I'm sure I will watch it over and over again for many years to come. Historically, I was intersted to learn about this particular time in Japan and I felt that the Twighlight Samurai gave an excellent picture of how things were. The main character was beautifully played by Hiroyuki Sanada, whose portrayal of a kind and gentle man yet strong man who loved his daughters and was happy to have a simple life but who's life ended up anything but simple, moved me to tears. I loved it and would recommend this to anyone interested in Japanese history and the ways of the Samurai and to anyone interested in watching a warm, moving and beautiful love story.

The Last Samurai [DVD] [2003]
The Last Samurai [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Tom Cruise
Offered by Discs4all

4.0 out of 5 stars Samurai honour and tradition fought for in a glorious battle, 9 Oct 2004
Despite the soppy ending, I loved this movie! I thought Tom Cruise was brilliant and the Japanese stars, mainly Ken Watanabe and his Samurai warrior sidekick, and the love interest of Tom Cruise, mesmermizing. I enjoyed the battle scenes tremendously, especially the scene with the Ninja attack. The interaction between Cruise and the Japanese characters were touching and it was interesting to see how his relationship with his captors developed into mutual respect, warmth and humour. I don't know how accurate this movie is historically but I would highly recommend it.