Profile for Alexander > Reviews

Content by Alexander

Alexander "All that we are is the result of what we have thought." (United Kingdom)

Blackstone's Police Manual Volume 1: Crime 2009: v. 1 (Blackstone's Police Manuals)
by Paul Connor

5.0 out of 5 stars simple criminal law, 27 Sept. 2009
We were told to get this book to help alongside our learning of Criminal Law for our Law Degree. It worked very well explaining certain concepts in a basic format,no latin here!

When Sheep Cannot Sleep: The Counting Book
When Sheep Cannot Sleep: The Counting Book
by Satoshi Kitamura

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 27 Sept. 2009
This book is excellent and encouraging. It helps the youngsters to count and the illustrations fires their imagination. Lovely book my lil one loves it!

Beverly Hills Chihuahua [DVD]
Beverly Hills Chihuahua [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jaime Lee Curtis
Offered by Rikdev Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoght it was gonna be crap but was surprised!, 20 May 2009
First, my 3 year old sat still through the whole movie so her interest was captivated. OK some of the voices were annoying, predictable ending but I'm an adult this does not matter for a child!! it was great.

Jamie lee Curtis fitted the role perfectly, acting on the whole was good, and yes funny at times.

It was such a great movie, and, no it was not as tacky as i thought it would be, loved it, loved it.

The Gruffalo
The Gruffalo
by Julia Donaldson
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 9 May 2009
This review is from: The Gruffalo (Board book)
Great book, very rhythmical and creative interesting and innovative idea of using the mouse especially how the mouse sends his fear into fooling every creature who is stronger than him.

Because its so rhythmical my 3 year old has begun to remember the words and sing it around the house.

Anansi the Spider (An Owlet Book)
Anansi the Spider (An Owlet Book)
by G. McDermot

1.0 out of 5 stars Hhhhnmmm, 17 April 2009
The Anansi story is a good one in history, but i was soo disappointed in this book. I had to readjust my jaw to read it as it seems to have been translated to English in a really poor fashion, a big no no NO! for me and my lil one.

Shades of Black: A Celebration of Our Children
Shades of Black: A Celebration of Our Children
by Sandra L. Pinkney
Edition: Board book

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring and not that diverse of shades of Black, 24 Dec. 2008
Throughy boring book, very American and just not diverse enough on the various shades of black!

What a waste of the few pennies i paid for it, in the bin.

And yes I have mixed race and a black child.

Big thumbs down.

10 Minute Solution - Kickbox Bootcamp [DVD]
10 Minute Solution - Kickbox Bootcamp [DVD]
Dvd ~ 10 Minute Solution
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars 10 minute Kickboxing BootCamp, 20 July 2008
Really loved this workout. The beginners section is pretty good, you do get a good workout. It's interesting as your learning new moves such as how to punch and kick unlike the traditional exercise DVD. Plus the teacher looks the part very much.
Great little number for 10 mins.