Profile for Mrs. S. A. Muir > Reviews

Content by Mrs. S. A. Muir

Mrs. S. A. Muir "Lover of good books" (Bristol UK)

Bloodman
Bloodman
by Robert Pobi

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 4 May 2012
This review is from: Bloodman (Paperback)
Before I buy a book I always read the outline on the back cover & a couple of pages first. This one looked good so I bought it but was disappointed. It started well, has solid characters & an intersting storyline buy I felt that it got a bit silly towards the end. Too many holes in the plot & not enough explanation to why the killer killed. If you like your main character to be a hero to the end don't but it. I much prefer Lee Child, Michael Connolly etc.

LUPO USB Power Adapter UK Mains Charger for all Apple Ipods & Iphone
LUPO USB Power Adapter UK Mains Charger for all Apple Ipods & Iphone

5.0 out of 5 stars Well pleased, 13 Aug. 2009
I'm well pleased with this gadget. Didn't realise they were available until I saw them on Amazon. I would recomend it to others as it's dead handy.

Lark Rise to Candleford: A Trilogy (Penguin Modern Classics)
Lark Rise to Candleford: A Trilogy (Penguin Modern Classics)
by Flora Thompson

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want to learn about rural history, then this book is a must, 11 Mar. 2009
I am only on chapter 10, but am so engrossed that I can't wait to read more. I am an avid family tree historian and have agricultural labourers in my tree, although they are from Wiltshire. This book describes what life could have been like for them and in a way brings them more to life. Flora Thomsons writing style is interesting and extremely descriptive and also easy to read. I would recomend anyone with ag. labs. in their family tree to give it a try. It may open their eyes to the grinding poverty of the lower orders of rural life but also a more sinple way of life.