Profile for Col > Reviews

Content by Col

Col

The The Vorrh
The The Vorrh

3.0 out of 5 stars The book was a good holiday read and was enjoyable, 12 Jun. 2015
This review is from: The The Vorrh (Kindle Edition)
This is a hard review to write as is only giving it a score of three stars (too harsh?). The book was a good holiday read and was enjoyable. However, it did leave me slightly disatisfied. There is another story that for a time is running alongside the main plot. To me this seemed to weakly link into the main story and had an unsatisfactory outcome. I would have liked to learn of the outcome of the female character and the drive that took her to Africa (more of her back story, a link to the Vorrh? the pull of the Vorrh?).

Bristan QST BAS C Chrome Plated Quest Basin Mixer with Clicker Waste
Bristan QST BAS C Chrome Plated Quest Basin Mixer with Clicker Waste
Offered by Carvers

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with the quality of this tap and it arrived ..., 24 April 2015
Bristan is a reliable make. Very pleased with the quality of this tap and it arrived within the promised delivery time.

Bristan KG SNK C Kingsbury Monobloc Chrome Plated Sink Mixer - Chrome
Bristan KG SNK C Kingsbury Monobloc Chrome Plated Sink Mixer - Chrome
Offered by Epsom Bathroom Centre

5.0 out of 5 stars Bristan produce a good quality product and was recommended by my plumber, 24 April 2015
Bristan produce a good quality product and was recommended by my plumber. Very pleased with this tap and elivery was within the identified time scale.

NHS SOS: How the NHS Was Betrayed - and How We Can Save It
NHS SOS: How the NHS Was Betrayed - and How We Can Save It
by Jacky Davis

5.0 out of 5 stars Important must read, 1 Aug. 2013
I found this a most important book and commend it. It provides important insight into what lies behind the Governments motives for changes that are taking place (radical changes that they haven't got a mandate to undertake) and the way they have and are going about this. It helps to understand actions and statements that are being made and advocates challenging the move towards the dismantling of our NHS. I think it also acts as an illustration for what is happening to other parts of our Welfare State.

Alas I Cannot Swim
Alas I Cannot Swim

3.0 out of 5 stars unmet expectation, 27 Mar. 2009
This review is from: Alas I Cannot Swim (Audio CD)
Having heard comments about Laura Marling I had some expectation regarding her style and song writing ability. Perhaps having this expectation I was disappointed with the results on this CD. It's pleasant enough, but nothing exceptional and nothing unique. I've read some comparisons made of Laura ranking her with some great female artists.In my opinion she doesn't get close.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 18, 2010 10:39 PM BST