Profile for M. S. Ruddock > Reviews

Content by M. S. Ruddock

M. S. Ruddock (Oxfordshire)

Page: 1 | 2
City Maps 2Go Pro - Offline Map and Travel Guide
City Maps 2Go Pro - Offline Map and Travel Guide
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, 16 May 2014
The option to download a map o that later you can use it, even when not in range of WiFi, makes this a really useful application.

English for the Natives: Discover the Grammar You Don't Know You Know
English for the Natives: Discover the Grammar You Don't Know You Know
Price: 7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Feel smug about your use of Englsih!, 28 Jan 2014
This book came as an eye-opener to me. I thought I knew a fair bit about English (I not only speak it like a native, I am a native!) but Mr Ritchie showed me how much more I know than I realized. He treats the subject with wit and his examples are themselves a source of amusement. He tends to grind on a bit about academic squabbles but I can forgive that for the plusses he gives us.

The Kindle edition, which I used, suffers from a slight problem in tat the tables which are used now and then do not always retain the proper formatting.

Mike Ruddock

American States and Capitals
American States and Capitals
Price: 0.63

2.0 out of 5 stars Could do better, 26 Sep 2013
This review is from: American States and Capitals (App)
I bought this hoping to have a compact overview of the States of America but it seems to me that several compact.

History of the Civil War, 1861 - 1865 [Illustrated]
History of the Civil War, 1861 - 1865 [Illustrated]

3.0 out of 5 stars The War Between the States, 21 Aug 2013
I was looking for a good history of the American civil war and I came across this which does the job. It is illustrated, mostly by pictures of the generals involved, but badly lacks maps of the States and of the battlefields.

Vtech Kidizoom Twist Digital Camera 122853 (Pink)
Vtech Kidizoom Twist Digital Camera 122853 (Pink)
Offered by RIGHT BARGAINS
Price: 59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent camera for kids, 21 Aug 2013
I bought this for a grandchild (aged 9) and she enjoyed using it so much that i bought one for her brother (aged 7). He liked his too.

Sidney Chambers and The Shadow of Death (The Grantchester Mysteries)
Sidney Chambers and The Shadow of Death (The Grantchester Mysteries)
Price: 0.51

3.0 out of 5 stars An old style amateur detective, 15 Jun 2013
This is a series of short stories reminiscent of the Father Brown series but here with an Anglican priest as the sleuth. The stories are set in mid 20th century and will bring not-so-fond recollections to those who lived through those times.

Wolfram|Alpha
Wolfram|Alpha
Price: 1.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 28 Mar 2013
This review is from: Wolfram|Alpha (App)
Apart from a slight reservation about the way questions/problems are to be entered I have no problems with this app. I am amazed at the breadth of problems it can handle.

Famous Paintings
Famous Paintings

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, 10 Mar 2013
This review is from: Famous Paintings (App)
Because it doesn't load! There are two apps with this title and while one is OK and worth having, the other won't load and so is a waste of money.

Quell
Quell
Price: 0.63

5.0 out of 5 stars A peaceful way of passing time, 10 Mar 2013
This review is from: Quell (App)
This, and its companion, are wonderfully relaxing. The game is played at the pace you want so there is no stress. The music is also very relaxing.

Go Free
Go Free
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A good implementation, 10 Mar 2013
This review is from: Go Free (App)
This is a good version of openings. Good players will no doubt find the engine lacking but beginners will find that they can occasionally win!

Page: 1 | 2