Profile for TheGonz > Reviews

TheGonz

Disintegration [VINYL]
Disintegration [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Disintegration, 13 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Disintegration [VINYL] (Vinyl)
What else can be said about the best Cure album to date?
I remember listening to this album in it's vinyl version back in 1989, just a few weeks after it was released. I heard it in my dad's stereo system. Listened carefully. In silence. Side A and B. Then I realized I just heard the best album ever. The magic begins with Plainsong that opens beautifully this masterpiece followed by the great Pictures of You, then you can hear Boris Williams hitting the drums on Closedown, and every song that follows is a gem. Disintegration is the best album ever.

Bestival Live 2011
Bestival Live 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars 32 Live Tracks!, 13 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Bestival Live 2011 (Audio CD)
A good song selection to satisfy almost any Cure and non Cure fan. Two CDs full of hits like Lovesong, Just Like Heaven, The Walk, Push, Inbetween days, a forest, primary, lovecats, close to me, boys don't cry, etc! (of course hardcore fans would like to hear Siamese Twins, Charlotte Sometimes, Secrets, Faith, Sinking, Torture, etc).
My complain is the sound and the mix. I find them dry and with almost no stereo panning reminds me of Entreat Plus that was a huge dissapointment. The sound of the drums still leaves much to be desired. A big deep snare drum is needed in many songs of the back catalog but instead, a thin high pitched one is heard.
Anyway, considering the price and that is for a good cause, it's a must have in our collection.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 27, 2014 9:40 PM GMT