Profile for LadyGodiva > Reviews

Content by LadyGodiva

LadyGodiva

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Tefal Rk302e15 8-in-1 Cooker - Slow Cooker, Steamer, Rice Cooker, Porridge Maker (2012 Model)

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the box, 23 Jun 2014
Very pleased with the rice cooker - haven't tried any other functions yet, but cooking rice couldn't be any simpler. Rice for two takes 42 minutes and I cook brown Jasmine Rice on the white rice setting and it's perfect (brown rice is meant to take 90 minutes!) I've taken off one star as I've had two previous rice cookers and this was much larger than expected so takes up quite a bit of work top space. However, with the other functions, it is well worth considering. And yes, it does cook the rice better than my previous rice cookers. The other down side is that it's recommended to cook two measures of rice minimum which is enough for 4 people. However, we put half the rice in the fridge for the next day, sprinkle a little water on it before microwaving and the rice really does taste good on the 2nd day and not too dry, either.
One more plus point, the cooker beeps when it has heated up and starts to cook the rice and also show how long the rice will take, this is very useful to coordinate everything that's cooking, and it also beeps when the rice is cooked and then automatically switches to keep the rice warm.

Sylvanian Families Toilet Tent
Sylvanian Families Toilet Tent
Offered by Mytoyfactory

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, 31 Dec 2013
My five year old granddaughter loved this which I bought together with the tent.
The only criticism is that it comes with the tent part packed flat and you have to construct it and it is rather flimsy. The toilet will endure, the toilet roll is already lost and the tent will not last long, however, it is worth the money tor the toilet alone which can be used with other things.

Portable Lap Notebook Laptop Bean Bag Cushion Tray Desk Table LED Light Lamp
Portable Lap Notebook Laptop Bean Bag Cushion Tray Desk Table LED Light Lamp

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal, 31 Dec 2013
I bought this for my frail mother to use with her tablet and she is really pleased with it, Great price, too.

Boggle
Boggle

2.0 out of 5 stars Annoying., 17 Nov 2013
This review is from: Boggle (App)
This is rather annoying as their dictionary allows non existent words, when you use their own dictionary to look up a word you have never heard of and suspect it doesn't exist, it says there is no meaning. Point made. Also it rejects some words that are on their list of words.
Though I still enjoy playing it - how sad is that!

Christmas Jigsaw Puzzles 123 Free - Fun Learning Puzzle Game for Kids
Christmas Jigsaw Puzzles 123 Free - Fun Learning Puzzle Game for Kids

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, 17 Nov 2013
My grandchildren love these puzzles as you can choose the number of pieces you want to play with and which part of a bigger picture you want to do.

Jake and the Never Land Pirates
Jake and the Never Land Pirates

5.0 out of 5 stars Pirates ahoy!, 17 Nov 2013
The grandchildren ages 4 - 9 love this app on my tablet. Its a memory game where you have to turn up two cards ata time and try and match the pictures up. There are three levels to choose from, so something for all ages.

Delia's Cakes
Delia's Cakes
by Delia Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Good old Delia!, 17 Nov 2013
This review is from: Delia's Cakes (Hardcover)
I wanted this book especially as it had a selection of egg-less recipes and they are wonderful, especially if you have anyone with an egg allergy. The Marmalade cake is lovely. This book is up to Delia's usual high standard and everything turns out well.

Four In A Row 2014
Four In A Row 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Way of playing this old classic, 17 Nov 2013
This review is from: Four In A Row 2014 (App)
This is a great version, especially as you don't lose and of the counters and don't have to sort them out for each game! And I can practise on my own to improve my game to try and beat my grandsons. Well worth 5 stars.

Angel Chime Brass Coloured with 4 Candles
Angel Chime Brass Coloured with 4 Candles
Offered by e.lab.shop

1.0 out of 5 stars Magic needed to get them to work., 17 Nov 2013
I love these chimes and we are on the fourth generation of children having their Christmas meals to the tinkling sound of these angel chimes slowly moving around. Magic!

Well, that was what I expected, but on Christmas Day when we were trying to assemble the chimes,we found they wouldn't fit together, so a waste of time and money. So no candle chimes on our Christmas table.

I had to give one star as it's not possible to give none.

Hidden Garden Wonderland
Hidden Garden Wonderland

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty pictures, 17 Nov 2013
This review is from: Hidden Garden Wonderland (App)
I have this on my tablet for the grandchildren ages 5 & 7 to play. They love it and it taches them observation and persistence!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3