Profile for Diana L. Stagg > Reviews

Content by Diana L. Stagg

Diana L. Stagg (Norfolk UK)

Longridge Foam Practice Balls
Longridge Foam Practice Balls

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 18 Nov. 2013
For my son who has full length glass windows where he practices golf. No problem with these! Worth the money.

Ultrasport Putting Mat with Auto Return Putter
Ultrasport Putting Mat with Auto Return Putter

5.0 out of 5 stars A present for a fussy relation, 18 Nov. 2013
I gave this as a birthday present to my son, who is delighted with it. As I don't live near him I cannot tell how it is wearing, but so far so good.

Greater London: The Story of the Suburbs
Greater London: The Story of the Suburbs
by Nick Barratt

5.0 out of 5 stars A fascinating book, 17 Mar. 2013
I had to order a second book as when my sister-in-law looked at it, she instantly bought it off me! It is quite a work of art as it covers such a wide area.

Procter Pest-Stop Repeller for Larger House
Procter Pest-Stop Repeller for Larger House
Offered by @Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Efficient, 17 Mar. 2013
It worked immediately on my resident mice. Hopefully insects as well and remove spiders. The lights coming on and off make it very clear when it is working.

PowerBee ® Signaller Solar Security Light with 28 latest technology large Superbright led's / Movement Activated / Adjustable PIR / Directional PIR / Directional lighting / Designed to work ALL year round in the UK
Offered by PowerBee Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerbee solar magic, 17 Jan. 2013
I bought one of these solar lights and installed it in the Autumn. It has worked perfectly ever since; much better than another solar powered light I had wasted money on, so I am now ordering another to replace that. Thick snow dreary daylight and it still works well. Mine did come well-packed and it was very easy to put up (for a 70 year-old female!). So well worth the money. It cost over £100 for an electrician to put in our other external safety lights!

Paramo Ladies Halcon Waterproof Jacket, Extra Large
Paramo Ladies Halcon Waterproof Jacket, Extra Large
Offered by Hilltrek Outdoor Clothing

5.0 out of 5 stars A dream jacket to have faith in, 28 Jun. 2012
I recently bought this jacket. There was a little delay on delivery but the company kept me informed. It is everything that a 'birder' - professional or amateur could want: pockets galore! I thought it was a little heavy when I first held it, but when I wore it, I certainly did not notice any weight increase compared to my previous (slightly inferior) waterproof. I have also christened it in the Jubilee rains - completely waterproof and windproof - as would be expected for such a high-grade item. I did go for the more expensive new Halcon version of the two birdwatcher's jackets, although the only difference is the hand-warmer pockets + warm collar area. However, I certainly appreciated both luxuries in the cold wet weather and am glad I made the dearer choice. I needed the extra large as I like to wear different things under it - and it is not that large! All in all, I am thrilled with my purchase... it will have to last me!Paramo Ladies Halcon Waterproof Jacket, Extra Large

Starplast G34-811 114 x 52 x 56 cm Foldable Cusion Box - Green/Beige
Starplast G34-811 114 x 52 x 56 cm Foldable Cusion Box - Green/Beige
Offered by Vinsani (UK Seller)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 28 Jun. 2012
The Proteam Storage Box is good value for money. It needs two people and a little strength to put up, but it is not difficult. I wanted it to store all those oddments in a garden: flowerpots, watering cans, weeding containers and it is quite adequate: it would lock if I needed it to, but it looks smart and is a good size. Everything is waterproof, though it does need to stand on a firm, level base to ensure the lid is a good fit. If you want something sturdier, you will have to pay a good deal more money for it. Personally I am very pleased with my purchase. Proteam AC1053 - Lockable Green / Beige Garden Cushion / Storage Box

The Illustrated History of the Countryside
The Illustrated History of the Countryside
by Dr Oliver Rackham

4.0 out of 5 stars Informative & Readable, 26 May 2009
This informative book is a must for anyone interested in the development and evolution of our countryside. It covers everything around us from ancient pollarding techniques and forestry; designer parks; celtic field systems; historical hedges and highways; heaths and moorland; to anything water. It helps us to look at familiar local landmarks around us with a new understanding. It also includes eight illustrated and well-described walks that explain exactly how to decipher what we are looking at.

Oliver Rackham's highly respected knowledge ensures this is a valuable reference book on the subject, and his clear writing skills make it an easy and fascinating read in its own right. It is beautifully illustrated with numerous maps and plans, some diagrams and a wealth of high quality photographs.

I initially borrowed this book from the library, but decided it was a must to own a copy. I now constantly dip into it for information, or just curl up and read it for pleasure.

by John Timpson

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for the curious - and the sceptic!, 1 Sept. 2000
This review is from: Timpson's Leylines (Hardcover)
Whether or not you believe in this subject, Timpson will start you thinking, exploring OS maps - and looking around you with new eyes. How did the earliest leymen mark out the first tracks? Where were they? Were they straight long before the Romans decided to metallise them? What are the connections between sacred sites, churches, hillocks, etc that they align so precisely? He follows up a number of these all over the UK in a no-nonsense manner with clear concise directions. It was particularly fascinating to me to read chapter 2 on the possibility of Suffolk moated farms being part of this, as I had just done a survey of Norfolk moats to find the uncanny 'coincidence' that they appeared to be in alignment and virtually evenly spaced. Timpson is not by any means the only writer on leylines, but his book makes a valuable contribution to the subject that deserves a great deal more research. Beautifully illustrated: an intriguing book.

by Timpson

5.0 out of 5 stars A fascinating book on an intriguing subject, 1 Sept. 2000
This review is from: Timpson's Leylines (Paperback)
Whether or not you believe in this subject, Timpson will start you thinking, exploring OS maps - and looking around you with new eyes. How did the earliest leymen mark out the first tracks? Where were they? Were they straight long before the Romans decided to metallise them? What are the connections between sacred sites, churches, hillocks, etc that they align so precisely? He follows up a number of these all over the UK in a no-nonsense manner with clear concise directions. It was particularly fascinating to me to read chapter 2 on the possibility of Suffolk moated farms being part of this, as I had just done a survey of Norfolk moats to find the uncanny 'coincidence' that they appeared to be in alignment and virtually evenly spaced. Timpson is not by any means the only writer on leylines, but his book makes a valuable contribution to the subject that deserves a great deal more research. Beautifully illustrated.