Profile for furrytarot > Reviews

And When the Music Stops
And When the Music Stops
by Gillian McRae

5.0 out of 5 stars A very unexpected delight, 16 Jun. 2015
Someone I know told me I needed to read this, so I did.

The book was – not what I expected. In fact, it was full of unexpectednesses. I had no idea what was going on right from the first page, and felt I was actually sure of less and less as I read on, while wanting to know more. Almost every page surprised. That’s not the usual way things go. I was riveted from the start, and read it at one sitting – definitely a “can’t wait” read. It came across as a well mixed cross between mystery, dystopia and fantasy – no mean achievement. The suspense and the mystery lasted almost to the very end – and – not to spoil it for anyone – tying all this in with one of my childhood fears was masterly. It could have been written for me – which could be why I was told to read it.

I think this is a first novel; the author’s name was not familiar. I hope there will be more. Highly recommended.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 22, 2015 8:41 AM BST

Prestige Cartridge TN230 Toner Cartridge for Brother HL-3040CN/HL-3070CN/HL-3070CW - Assorted Colour (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Jan. 2015
Excellent cheap alternative to manufacturer originals.

A King's College Christmas
A King's College Christmas

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Jan. 2015
I've always loved this CD - it makes Christmas Christmas. This was a replacement - I'd worn one out.

Reality transurfing. Tarocchi dello spazio delle varianti. Con 78 carte
Reality transurfing. Tarocchi dello spazio delle varianti. Con 78 carte
by Vadim Zeland

3.0 out of 5 stars This is one deck that will really confuse tarot fans ..., 22 Jan. 2015
This is one deck that will really confuse tarot fans. Don't expect anything you are used to - I just wish I could understand the book. But the art work is stunning.

Draper Card Of 5 Two Notch Trimming Knife Blades
Draper Card Of 5 Two Notch Trimming Knife Blades

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Jan. 2015
These are so hard to find - but our knife can now be used again.

Faithfull Laminate Scoring Knife Double End TC Blade
Faithfull Laminate Scoring Knife Double End TC Blade
Offered by LOVEDIY

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Jan. 2015
BRILLIANT - really does the job.

Brother HL-1110 A4 Mono Laser Printer
Brother HL-1110 A4 Mono Laser Printer
Offered by Box Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it - you'll love it, 22 Jan. 2015
BRILLIANT little printer and at a very good price.
I was determined to stick with Brother after my old one dropped dead (after more than 15 years faithful service). It installed seamlessly (but DO be careful not to let Windows try and do it; it interfered constantly !) and works really well - clear crisp prints. It's a bit noisy - but you don't print all the time. MY only tiny criticism is the length of the power cord; not all printers get to be installed right next to a socket - and my setup could have used another foot of cord - but a whole extension cord for that would have been silly !
And note - the delivery was within 24 hours ! (on standard delivery.)

FLOSO® Ladies/Womens Thermal Underwear Long Jane/Johns (Standard Range)
FLOSO® Ladies/Womens Thermal Underwear Long Jane/Johns (Standard Range)
Offered by Universal Textiles & Footwear

4.0 out of 5 stars For the flat bottomed !, 22 Jan. 2015
As other buyers have said - the fit means you MUST order a larger size (hence my rating of "as expected" - I am overweight, but have never had to buy a 20-22 of anything before! ) - and also they do need a redesign - they seem to be shaped for men's bottoms, and for a woman, that leaves them way too low at the back. But my legs are warm - that's what counts.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 Jan. 2015
BRILLIANT - no more draught !

Door Draught Excluder - UK's Number 1 Draught Excluder - Fits doors up to 36" wide & needs no fixings
Offered by SK Depots

1.0 out of 5 stars Sadly did not work at all - not on any ..., 10 Jan. 2015
Sadly did not work at all - not on any of the doors in the house - we had hoped at least to be able to use it SOMEWHERE.

Page: 1 | 2