Profile for Dave > Reviews

The Spiders of Allah
by James Hider
Price: 11.16

5.0 out of 5 stars You need to read this book, 9 Jan 2009
This review is from: The Spiders of Allah (Paperback)
If you are at all interested in what is going on in the Middle East and/or any of the debates about the role of religion as we slip into a fundamentalist apocalypse, then you should read this book. Funny, learned and wholly compelling, it's pretty much essential reading for anyone who would claim to know anything about the world today.

I Can Make You Sleep
I Can Make You Sleep
by Paul McKenna
Price: 5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a baby, 6 Jan 2009
This review is from: I Can Make You Sleep (Paperback)
I hadn't had a decent night's sleep in years until I had a go with this book and the brilliant CD which comes with it. I'm still working my way through the method but I don't wake up at 3.30 am any more and sleep through to the morning. I even feel refreshed when I get up, which is pretty nearly a miracle!

A Taste of My Life
A Taste of My Life
by Raymond Blanc

5.0 out of 5 stars Haute cuisine, 29 Oct 2008
This review is from: A Taste of My Life (Hardcover)
This is a wonderful book - full of great stories about the food in Raymond's life and the life in his food. You learn something amazing about food on every page, all framed in the story of the great man's life. Anyone with even a passing interest in what they eat will find something here to get their juices flowing...

The Olivetti Chronicles
The Olivetti Chronicles
by John Peel

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book since the last one, 23 Oct 2008
I loved the last John Peel book, Margrave of the Marshes, and was horribly sad to think there could never be another one. Well, happily, I was wrong. Here is another one. A whole volume of Mr Peel's finest writings from over the years on all sorts of brilliant, bizarre and very Peelie subjects. A complete and utter joy from start to finish. You need this in your life!

Paul O'Grady: The Biography
Paul O'Grady: The Biography
by Neil Simpson

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother with this - get Paul's own book, 18 Oct 2008
Sounds to me as though this author has never even met Paul O'Grady and wrote this book by rehashing stuff from the papers. Don't bother.