Profile for Al-Amin > Reviews

Content by Al-Amin

Al-Amin

Anker 2nd Gen Astro E4 13000mAh 2-Port (3A Output) Fast Portable Charger  External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air 2 Mini 3, Samsung Galaxy S6 S5 S4 Note Tab, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets (Black)
Anker 2nd Gen Astro E4 13000mAh 2-Port (3A Output) Fast Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air 2 Mini 3, Samsung Galaxy S6 S5 S4 Note Tab, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Does it's job., 17 Sept. 2014
It does the job I took it on holiday with me twice, nd it kept my sister's Galaxy S4 and my Xperia Z1 charged throught out the day with was really helpful! It doesn't store as much charge as it claimed - I could only get two 100% charges with my Xperia Z1 or my sister's Galaxy S4, but that's not a bad thing, just thought I'd let others know. For it's price, it's a steal.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS3)
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS3)
Offered by aphrohead_books

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made...But slightly disappointed, 24 Dec. 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I have been a huge fan of Naughty Dog games ever since I was a child. First there was the Crash Bandicoot series, followed by the Jak and Daxter series and now the Uncharted series. To be completely honest, I picked up Uncharted: Drake's Fortune ONLY BECAUSE Naughty Dog had developed it. Having played the series in order right from the beginning, and playing the campaigns of the first two games over 50 times combined, I have a really good knowledge of the Uncharted world.

Story-

Uncharted story lines are great; they start off with a huge historic figure with great achievements (For example Sir Francis Drake's Expedition), which have gaps in them, which later on have some sort of fantasy twist. I really enjoyed the story's of the other two games, but the third one...well, it felt slightly rushed. It starts of very solid, and I expected the story to be the best out of the three, but as I progressed, the story just seemed rushed, and it wasn't easy to understand what was going on, what the enemies were after - what YOU, as a player, are trying to help Drake get. Even after playing through the game twice, I still don't understand the story fully. as you get nearer to the end, the story seems more and more rushed, which for me, being a gamer that actually cares what happens in the campaign, was slightly disappointing. The campaign is also really short, so for those of you who like 30 hour long campaigns, this isn't it - it can be finished in about 6-8 hours. Also a lot of the levels are really slow moving and have lots of cutscenes, which are good the first time you play, but then get slightly boring. If anything, it was TOO much like a movie, if I really wanted to watch a movie, I would have picked up a film.

Game play-

In Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Naughty Dog had really upped their game on the physics. The movement was more fluid and the cover action was so smooth, it really helped the game play. In Uncharted 3, the physics are slightly different, not too much, but enough for me to notice. It's really awkward at first, as when you are moving around, it's a bit clumsy and you can't really get Drake to go where you want at first. But once you are used to the physics, it is great! The new hand-to-hand combat is a great improvement - they last more than 2 seconds now and are actually like a real fight, with counter attacks, so you can't just beat some guy up just by smashing the square button. The shoot-and-cover physics are pretty much the same as the second game, except for the cover mechanism being slightly different - but again, it doesn't take long to get used to it and isn't a major issue. Another addition that really improved the game as well is the fact that the grenades thrown by enemies can be thrown back at them. It adds more of a thrill in playing the game. The climbing physics haven't really changed much - a lot like Assassin's Creed.
The new additions in this game is the water, fire and sand and more moving environments. But personally I didn't see much point of adding fire and sand. The fire was completely useless, it's only used in one level, and there isn't much that it does. The new sand addition isn't much either, I admit the sand dunes in the game are really impressive, and when drake walks his footprints are left on the sand, and how the sand clings onto his hair, but apart from that, there isn't much the sand does either. And as for the water? Well the water is the same the first game...except for the fact you can dive a certain amount of meters under water. It has more of a role than the sand and fire, but in my opinion, it's great, but not needed. It seemed like more of an experiment for their future games. The moving environments is probably the best addition, having shoot outs on a crashing plane, or taking down a huge enemy on a boat that rocks with the rough sea, really adds to the experience. They also removed the in game medals, which is a small thing, but I missed it.

Graphics-

The graphics of this game is one of the features that DIDN'T disappoint me. They've definitely improved from the second game, with all the locations looking exactly like their real locations. The guns look a lot more realistic, and the scenery, like the London landscape, are just phenomenal. But I did feel like that Naughty dog just recycled their old games. A lot of the locations look like locations from their previous games; like the beginning of Chapter 6 in uncharted 3, called 'The Chateau' looked as though it was imported from Chapter 3, 'Borneo'. A lot of the game is like this, which was slightly disappointing as I wanted new surroundings.

Online-

The online game play has been greatly improved as well. There is so much you can customise about your character and guns, and there is more point of collecting money than the second game. The new EXP system means that even when you have a frustratingly bad game, you still gain EXP, making you feel slightly better. You can even choose what guns you start of with, which is so much better than going around the map and learning where the weapons are situated and then racing to it to beat the other person to it. There still are 'power' weapons that you can't start off with, which are good, but with a huge selection of weapons to start off with, not many people bother with it. The maps are really a breakthrough. I don't think I've seen a game where you fight each other on a moving train or a plane that's about to take off! There are so many new features in the online mode, that there's too many to list here. The online mode is the biggest improvement - it is really fun and the best thing is that they've added in split screen mode, so you can even play with your friends!

Overall-

Uncharted 3 is a great game, and really worth all the money, but in my opinion, I preferred the campaign in the previous two games, as it seemed really rushed, but that doesn't make the game unplayable. But the online mode and graphics really made it for me. A definite buy.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 30, 2012 5:33 PM GMT